Author Topic: Radiants  (Read 12307 times)

Offline diamondjunkie

Re: Radiants
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 03:38:49 AM »
Hi Shelly - you are very welcome!  The first one has 'v-tip tapered baguettes'.  It's quite a fabulous look, huh?!  I too don't think trillions get dirtier faster than any other diamond although if you are anything like the girls here you will quickly become a ring cleaning fool once it's on your hand!

Snooper, put the credit card down and back away from the phone.........you are dangerous!   :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:50:35 AM by diamondjunkie »

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 04:29:31 AM »
:laughing4: :laughing4:

i love the look of tapered baguettes on any stones!

Snooper

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 05:07:32 AM »
Yes, I am dangerous with cc's.. But seriously, as I stated before, I have my credit numbers memorized! Including the cvv number or whatever! LOL

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 05:09:26 AM »
Well can't we get hold of Arthur Weasley to perform a Muggle Memory Charm or something........maybe we could get Hermione to 'confound' you................I'll send my owl out right away!   ;D

Snooper

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 05:16:43 AM »
Tee Hee!!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 05:17:33 AM by Snooper »

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
omg that one gave me a good laugh!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline BigRed

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
You guys ain't right! LOL I really love the 4th ring you posted DJ! That is one sharp looking ring!

I agree with all the advice the others gave you! Try on a few, see which one you prefer! Which one feels great and makes you happy? Don't get bogged down with what someone thinks the ratio of a radiant should be! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!!!!!!
DBL's One and only Rose Gold Queen!!!!!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »
http://diamondsbylauren.com/Window_RingsRadiant.shtml

Above is a link to the ring gallery with radiant cut diamonds.

David gets the coolest side stones. I love step cut side stones with a brilliant cut center. I think the ones below are to die for. But it does depend on the center and the proportion of the side stones with the center. There really isn't a scientific formula, you just have to eyeball it. And that's where David comes in.

Oh, and these. Geez. These. I love these.

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?rn=981&action=show_detail

Offline chellip

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:12 AM »
I love the longer stones because my finger are somewhat stubby, and the longer stones look better  ::) Now if I had my new ring......uh hemmm....:david: then I could show you how beautiful the double baugettes look....teeheee

Offline kleinkath

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »
I cannot wait to see it chellip!!!  I love the look of baguettes.  I am actually thinking about that when I reset my yellow EC :)
:cat: KK :cat:

Offline chellip

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 11:34:44 AM »
I'm dying over here  :tantrum:

I hope you are doing well with your beaut too! I think it would look awesome in the double baugette!!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
I love the longer stones because my finger are somewhat stubby, and the longer stones look better  ::) Now if I had my new ring......uh hemmm....:david: then I could show you how beautiful the double baugettes look....teeheee

I could have sworn I put this photo up last week- and I'd have been wrong!

Here's a 4.38 which we sold about a week ago- the double baguettes looked AMAZING

Another aspect of this design is that we're using ( generally) smaller stones that if we were using shields or bullets, and the baguettes require less custom work....... so there's actually a $avings using baguettes too.
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline chellip

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
I know mine isn't a 4 carat rock.....but proportion wise....I'm assuming it's close..... :woohoo:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 02:21:36 PM »
I love the double baguette look. (I love it with pears, too.) 

Snooper

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »
I know mine isn't a 4 carat rock.....but proportion wise....I'm assuming it's close..... :woohoo:

Then it'll be stunning! I can't wait!!

Offline Shelly

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »
Hi everyone
since I've been looking for a radiant stone, I have found one that is in my budget but has a bow tie which doesn't really bother me too much,  because the stone has so much fire and the shape of the stone and the color of the stone is amazing.  Am I supposed to turn my nose up if it's a little shallower stone which I was told creates the bow tie.  Any advice on this? Any info on bow ties?

Offline evilmailjeep

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »
Shelly, the idea of any diamond is how YOU feel about wearing it, and how you feel when wearing it. If it appeals to you, then go for it...if there is one thing about it you don't like, seeing it on your hand every day will bug you, and then its no bargain...

FWIW, have you checked out the trade up special thread? There is a ring with a carat and a half radiant just posted that is quite reasonable in price, and no bow-tie...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:14:12 AM by evilmailjeep »

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »
thanks emj! That is a cool ring!

Shelley, when you say you found a stone- is this in a jewelry store?
Is there a GIA report? Do you know the color and clarity- dimensions?
Any chance we can see a photo?
This might help us to advise.....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:37:51 AM by Diamondsbylauren »
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Shelly.

Offline DiamondLady

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
Hi Shelly, I can't add any more than what the other members and David have already told you, but I'll add a couple pics of my radiant. It's more on the squarish side and has straight bullets. I like  tapered side stones too (baguettes, shields, bullets), but this one had the straight bullets already made up and I love the way it looks too! I especially love the "up sweep" of the shank on the sides!!

This one is a 1.76ct center (7.16 x 6.54) with .57ctw straight bullet sides.

Nope, nuh-uh, it wasn't me, I swear it!

Snooper

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
Rhonda, I love your Big Bird!!!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 08:21:44 AM »
I love Big Bird!  I guess I didn't know what the side of the setting looked like-I really like how the shank is 'pinched' in after the side stones!!!---giving me bad ideas for resetting my green rad...bullets ;D
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »
AZ-I'm still loving the idea of a halo with baguettes, but haven't spoke to David about it any furter---he did tell me that the baguette halo would have to be custom cut and I'm not sure if that is anything he would want to tackle with all his craziness!?!?!

A halo of some sort for this one, might be essential---it's only about 6x6mm and I wear a size 7 :-\
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:16:55 PM by Diamondluvr »

Offline DiamondLady

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »
AZ-I'm still loving the idea of a halo with baguettes, but haven't spoke to David about it any furter---he did tell me that the baguette halo would have to be custom cut and I'm not sure if that is anything he would want to tackle with all his craziness!?!?!

A halo of some sort for this one, might be essential---it's only about 6x6mm and I wear a size 7 :-\

DL, are wanting a bagette halo similar to the Daniel K version? I LOVE LOVE that look!!!! But it's probably quite a lot more money to have the halo stones custom cut. But it sure is a killer look!
Nope, nuh-uh, it wasn't me, I swear it!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
DL-that's the one I've been dreaming of  :)