Author Topic: Radiants  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Shelly

Radiants
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:09:19 PM »
 :radiant: Can anyone help me with the best shape on a radiant cut stone?   Do you go for the chubby type or the oblong type?  Thanks  ???

Offline GracefulLion

Re: Radiants
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »
I think it is soooo personal.  I like perfect squares, but I know others like rectangles.  Have you tried any on?

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:49:53 PM »
im a square girl myself, but as GL said, its def personal preference!
always saving up for my next piece!

Snooper

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »
I like them square, and slightly long, but not by much... I'd say the picture of this radiant --->  :radiant:  would be the longest I'd want mine to be...

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 03:35:13 AM »
definitely a personal preference...  i too am a square-ish radiant fan!

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:36:08 AM »
although i would also say let the stone sing to you...  each stone is unique!

Offline evilmailjeep

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 03:37:28 AM »
Depends on how you like them to look on your hands

Offline Shelly

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 06:29:59 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I'm a square girl too.  I always thought the ideal proportion from reading different tutorials, was anywhere between 1.3- 1.4 which is dividing the length by the width.  If you do that and come up with these ideal %'s you get a rectangular shape.  Maybe the chubby radiants are different than the ideal shape?  Anyway, you're right it's personal. 

Do any of you have ideas for side stones?  I want the center stone to stand out and not have the sides do anything but enhance my future 3 ct. "chubby" radiant.  Any suggestions on the perfect compliment side stones?

Thanks

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 06:59:45 AM »
It is most definintely personal, Shelly.  These 'ideal' proportions you talk about, you have to ask yourself - ideal for who?!  You know what you like and that's what's important.  I do wonder sometimes where all these 'ideal' figures come from - so many people like to consider themselves experts and slap generalisations on diamonds under the label of being 'ideal'.  There is so much more to choosing a diamond than sticking to a set of numbers!  You are in the right place here Shelly, as we firmly believe that it's the diamond that should be pleasing to your eyes and not the numbers!   ;D

Single baguettes or slim bullets would be awesome or even just a diamond shank.  Here's a few pics for you:

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 09:12:36 AM »
I love that second one down DJ!  I have never seen bullets (is that what they are?) so short, and I think I like em like that a lot!!!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I'm a square girl too.  I always thought the ideal proportion from reading different tutorials, was anywhere between 1.3- 1.4 which is dividing the length by the width.  If you do that and come up with these ideal %'s you get a rectangular shape.  Maybe the chubby radiants are different than the ideal shape?  Anyway, you're right it's personal. 

Do any of you have ideas for side stones?  I want the center stone to stand out and not have the sides do anything but enhance my future 3 ct. "chubby" radiant.  Any suggestions on the perfect compliment side stones?

Thanks

Hi Shelly,
As DJ pointed out, that classification of "Ideal" is simply someones idea of what they like- I think them calling 1.3-1.4 "Ideal" is misleading in the worst possible manner.....who cares what they like???

There are wonderfully cut Radiant diamonds in square, and rectangular shapes.
Since we have clients for almost any conceivable shape I've learned that people's ideas of what's best vary wildly.

I'd say that finger, and hand shape play an important role, as well as what type of ring, and side stones one wants......

I love that second one down DJ!  I have never seen bullets (is that what they are?) so short, and I think I like em like that a lot!!!

Hey GL= the ones in the photo are non tapered bullets ( almost like Sargent stripes)
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
I personally love all shapes in radiants, I have one long and narrow and 2 more square rads---here's a pic of 2 of them :)
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »

Thanks GL!  That one is mine!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »
Speaking of square radiant cuts- look at this one. It's a square,  with large corners. These inevtiably remind me of Asschers a bit.

ITEM #: R2185
Radiant Cut Diamond, Loose

WEIGHT: 1.51ct
  SHAPE: Radiant Cut
  COLOR: H
  CLARITY: VS2
  MEASUREMENTS: 6.52 x 6.29 x 4.30 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 68.4%
  TABLE SIZE: 66%
  POLISH: EX
  SYMMETRY: VG
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 15802595

I don't know about "Ideal", but this is one really well cut radiant.
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Snooper

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »
That is a FANTASTIC Radiant!!!

Offline IhaveaDiamondproblem

• IHADP's GALLERY
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
WHOA!  Love that radiant!!!!!!!!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
that is awesome!!!  i love everything about it!!!  one day i want one just like it but it a nice very light yellow shade....someday...
always saving up for my next piece!

Snooper

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »
What's weird for me is, I had always thought of radiants being yellow instead of white... I mean, I knew that they came in all colors, but I hardly see white radiants!!!!

Offline Pinklady

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 05:54:16 PM »
Funny thing Snooper, I have also always thought of radiant as yellow. Maybe its because the first time I saw one, it was yellow. In Norway theres pretty much only RB and Princess.

Love the one on the pic. One day I will have a large white radiant. One day....  ;)

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »
That is a superb cut. Those corners are awesome.

Offline Shelly

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:43 PM »
 :radiant: :D
Hello everyone-
Thanks for all your help about the shape of radiants and what you all think.  Great info.
David, the pictures of the radiants with side stones are awesome.  What was the first one?  Were they single baguettes or bullets?  I loved that one!  So simple and elegant... Someone told me that baguettes next to radiants didn't look good.  If they were baguettes, I disagree.  I loved the look.  They said go with trills on the sides which I like too.  I heard that trills get cloudy and dirty quickly.  Don't know why, but I've heard it more than once.
Again, thanks for all this great information.
Shelly

Offline Shelly

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »
Oh I'm sorry, it was DiamondJunkie I needed to thank.
Thank you for the great pictures.  Will you let me know what the side stones are of the first picture?
 ;)

Offline robin

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 11:14:51 PM »
What's weird for me is, I had always thought of radiants being yellow instead of white... I mean, I knew that they came in all colors, but I hardly see white radiants!!!!

That's really funny!  I've been wearing a white radiant for 11 years now, so when I first saw David's yellows, I found them most exotic and unusual!

But that 1.51 David just posted... AWESOME!  That is a BEAUTIFUL stone!

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:59 AM »
Shelly, I had a ring with trills for a bit and they never seemed anymore dirty than other diamonds I have had.  Just need to clean them as you do any others.  Whatever sides you pick will be lovely, as they will be what you love!

And I, for one, LOVE that 1.51 H!!!!  OMG!  I think it is going to be one of my all time favorites.  Is it just me, or is David being coy with the price?  Or is it a tease?  I am done for a while myself, but man, that is one gorgeous rock!!

Robin, have we ever seen a picture of your radiant ER?  I would love to!

Snooper

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 01:44:26 AM »
I had thought of asking the price of the radiant, as I'm sure it's a great price, but someone please buy this!! LOL

The radiant is spectacular! I love the corners, shape, everything!!!!!!!!