Author Topic: A tale of two Cushion Diamonds- 2.34 I/VS2, and 2.03 F/VS2 ( which is a 60/60)  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Shelly

Thanks Snooper for your advice.  I'm not sure about the trills either.  Why aren't you a fan of them?  The reason I ask is that many people say they love them with Radiants.

Offline Shelly

Hi David.  Thanks for this great website of yours.  I looked at the side stones you offer.  It looks like you really like radiants with trills.  Have you ever done radiants with baguettes.  Getting mixed reviews on that combo.  Also, what is your feeling on emeralds?  My fiance says they just arent exciting enough.  He'd rather see a radiant on my hand.  I'm a Libra- can't you tell?

Offline robin

My ER is a radiant with trills.

ECs aren't as flashy as radiants, perhaps, but they are mesmerizing.  My RHR is an Asscher, which I got from David earlier in the year (in two senses... bought it from DBL David, was given it by DH David <LOL>).

They are totally different looks, which is great.

But go in stores, try things on, and see what YOU like.  Of course, it's your FI's $$, more than likely.  But it's YOUR hand.  You'll look at it a lot more often than he will.

--Robin

Snooper

I really don't know why I don't like the look of trills with a radiant Shelly.. I guess they look too pointy to me and often the ones I see (in real life) they look out of proportion to the stone you know?

GracefulLion (who will be back soon) LOVES radiants with Trills!!  She'd be someone to talk with!!!

My princess ER is flanked with tap. baguettes and my EC has step cut traps.  Having a ring with trills is the one combo I don't own!! :)

maybe I should work on that???   :angel:

Offline Sanchica27

honestly, i just dont like trills, something about being traumatized by triangles while taking math in high school, it made me hate them, lol.  its a sickness!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline annie1

• CDI Member
Alright, after this wee bit of trill bashing, I feel like I need to post this one:

I say that radiant/trill combo definitely WORKS!   :)
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Snooper

AZ! Look at you Mrs. Enabler!!!!  :chestbump:

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery

Offline luvnjewelry

Alright, after this wee bit of trill bashing, I feel like I need to post this one:

I say that radiant/trill combo definitely WORKS!   :)

Oh my heavens!!  That is gorgeous and I am not usually a trill sidestone fan either.  Maybe because I think it is too "common" and I tend to go to the more unique.   But that is just me.   BUT WOW....that ring can certainly change my mind!!!!!!!!!!!! :DropGob:

Offline GracefulLion

OK!!!  PHEW!!  I am back and here to champion the trills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hurray!

Yes, I am a trill lover and proud to say it!  That ring that David posted is one of my absolute favorites!!  I have visited it a few times now and should the money tree I have been watering ever come into full bloom it shall be mine at last!!!!

Here is what I love about trills - to me the way that they taper away from the center emphasizes the shape of the center stone, covers more finger real estate than other side stones and makes your fingers look more slender.  I particularly love them with square-shaped (radiant or cushion) colored centers, as I really love the contrast. 

BUT, I think the most important thing is to try on different shape/sides combos and see what looks best on your own fingers.  I always thought I wanted a plain round diamond solitaire, and when I tried them on, they just were not flattering.  Rings that cover the width of my finger looked much better on than solitaires.  But that is just me.  You should see what flatters you, and go for it, no matter what anyone but your FI has to say.

Offline GracefulLion

OK, just need to point out to you all that Snoop actually texted me in Hawaii to make sure I had seen these cushions.  I think that may be the enabling move of the century!!! :giveup:

These cushions are beautiful!  Off to watch the video, which I could not do from my cell (yes, I have been keeping tabs on you all, just too hard to respond from the cell).

Offline CaratHead

Need I remind you of this gorgeous ring...NO TRILL BASHING!!

Also, I love the first cushion also...in a heartbeat I would grab it over#2.  However, having not seen them in person, I guess I can't say for sure. 

I haven't posted a picture, because I can't take earshots...but I LOVE MY LITTLE CUSHION EARRINGS...I have worn them every day since I got them.  (They were slightly overshadowed by the pink pear. :pear2:)  But they are amazingly sparkly and gorgeous...and NO, Snooper/DJ/Ronda...I don't need one of these diamonds to match!!

:lala:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:31:44 AM by CaratHead »
So many ballgames, so little time...

Offline GracefulLion

I love that princess with trills!  Sigh.

CH, would LOVE to see your cushions!  I actually just asked David about them yesterday, as I thought maybe in your pear frenzy you let them go.  So happy you have them and hope you enjoy!!!!

Offline CaratHead

I will TRY one of these days to get a good shot of them...I NEED AN EAR MODEL!!
So many ballgames, so little time...

Offline GracefulLion

I will TRY one of these days to get a good shot of them...I NEED AN EAR MODEL!!

I need a smiley with her hand raised!

Offline Trinkette

Hey, GL, how's Hawaii?  I can't believe that your vacationing in PARADISE, and yet, HERE YOU ARE!!!!!
Truly, you are an EnAbler Extraordinaire!  :1087:

Offline GracefulLion

Hey, GL, how's Hawaii?  I can't believe that your vacationing in PARADISE, and yet, HERE YOU ARE!!!!!
Truly, you are an EnAbler Extraordinaire!  :1087:

Oh no, I am back in La-La Land.  Hawaii WAS paradise indeed.  Great week!  But, now it is back to business!

Offline Trinkette

Oh my, that seemed so QUICK! Welcome home.  I'd say those studs of yours have PERFECT timing! :icon_sunny:

Offline luvnjewelry

OK, just need to point out to you all that Snoop actually texted me in Hawaii to make sure I had seen these cushions.  I think that may be the enabling move of the century!!! :giveup:

These cushions are beautiful!  Off to watch the video, which I could not do from my cell (yes, I have been keeping tabs on you all, just too hard to respond from the cell).

OMG... that is true enabling at it's best.  YOu and Sam are the dynamic..Diamond ...duo!      Able to post from Hawaii in lightening speed...!!

CH....your princess trillion ring is one the rings that came to mind with all this talk of trillions.    Stunning!    I think what makes me now sold on them is the way that DAVID has them set and matched so beautifully with the center stones.    I have seen them set horribly and that has certainly swayed my opinion on trillions.     I am very persnickety when it comes to settings and the way they are tailored.   I guess you can call me a "setting snob"!

Yes,  I have my hands raised and both of my legs too!  I will be happy to model those stunning cushions.    Oh bestill my heart!    Damn I need a money tree!!!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
I love trills! Trills and half moons, stepped or brilliant are my favourites!

Clearly there's no right answer here - everyone has their own sweet combination.

Good luck with the ering search!

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
sam you texted GL when she was having a vacation??!!!  :a082:

Offline Diamondluvr

I have a DBL radiant ring with trills and its gorgeous!!!  I think they are an acquired taste for some, but I for one love them :)
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Snooper

sam you texted GL when she was having a vacation??!!!  :a082:

Yes  :duhsign: I had to just in case... I know she has wanted a cushion... And uh.. I also told her about the rubies.. Sorry! LOL Diamond sisters unite!  ;D

Offline robin

Re: A tale of two Cushion Diamonds- 2.34 I/VS2, and 2.03 F/VS2 ( which is a 60/6
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »

GL-- When I first read "from the cell," you scared me for just a second-- I thought, "She's in JAIL?!?" Then, silly me, I realized what you meant.  Whew.

Offline luvnjewelry

LOL.........that did sound kinda funny now that you mentioned it Robin! ;D