Author Topic: A tale of two Cushion Diamonds- 2.34 I/VS2, and 2.03 F/VS2 ( which is a 60/60)  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Hi everyone!

We got a few cushions in today- both quite remarkable.
The first:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7tGJPhrX8E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7tGJPhrX8E</a>

ITEM #: R2181
Cushion Cut Diamond, Loose

WEIGHT: 2.34ct
  SHAPE: Cushion Cut
  COLOR: I
  CLARITY: VS2
  MEASUREMENTS: 8.73 x 7.22 x 4.67 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 64.7%
  TABLE SIZE: 59%
  POLISH: VG
  SYMMETRY: G
  FLUORESCENCE: FAINT
  GIA REPORT #: 16166402
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Trinkette

Ahhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, David, I know that YOU know that you're killing me with this...

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Thisz first one- the 2.34 has a price tag of $19100.
I posted the video first- becasue the photos really do not do the diamond justice.
These two photos look ok

But these seem to intensify a bow tie look- which , in person, is not really evident

what do you guys think?
David

Snooper

Umm that is the perfect cushion IMO!!! I love the shape!!!

*must be good*

Offline Trinkette

Perfect type.  Perfect cut.  Perfect size.  Perfect color.  Perfect shape.  Perfect for ME!

Wahhhh!  :tantrum:

Hey, I know! How about I trade you a pony for it?  Or a fancy warmblood horse? A couple of goats and home baked cookies once a week for the rest of your life? You just NAME it big guy...

Offline Trinkette

Actually, in all seriousness, I'm glad that you did post the video first (and I know that recently we've had this same conversation...) because I agree, the photos do not seem nearly as beautiful as the video.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Well, this one loves the camera IMO....

ITEM #: R2180
Cushion Cut Diamond, Loose

WEIGHT: 2.03ct
  SHAPE: Cushion Cut
  COLOR: F
  CLARITY: VS2
  MEASUREMENTS: 8.42 x 6.80 x 4.13 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 60.7%
  TABLE SIZE: 60%
  POLISH: VG
  SYMMETRY: G
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 15640357

Price: $25200
 Of course it's no slouch in the video either....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiX2mOJ5BNI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiX2mOJ5BNI</a>

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:13:06 PM by Diamondsbylauren »
David

Offline kleinkath

All I can say is WOW!!!!  Those are both just gorgeous.  I actually think that I like the first one a little better.  There is something about the faceting that really grabs me.
:cat: KK :cat:

Snooper

I agree! The first one really caught my eye!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Cool - I love to know what you guys think!
here's a comparison shot....
David

Offline Trinkette

Gosh, I dn't know.  I might have to watch each video at least 50 times more to be sure...

Actually, on first pass, there's a clear winner for me:

NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah:

:rahrah: R2181... SHE'S OUR GAL! IF SHE CAN'T MAKE US DROOL, THEN NOBODY SHALL!  :rahrah:

Offline robin

Oh, goodness.  I am loving cushions these days-- cushions and ECs.

Well, if either of these were in my budget, I would almost certainly pick the first, because A) it's larger B) the tint doesn't faze me C) It's less expensive D) It's gorgeous.

--Robin

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
HOLY SMOKES!  :faintthud:

Snooper

Yup, #1 is my favorite too! And Robin summed up all the finer points too

Offline kleinkath

Can I add that I also like #! because she is a little on the chubby side?  I love fatter cushions...
:cat: KK :cat:

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
No 1 is, to my mind, the perfect cushion. Her dimensions, her facets, her very (very) slight warmth all give her the perfect cushion personality and presence! I could see her set in that gorgeous double claw plat solitaire.

No 2 is drop dead gorgeous! I love the icy sparkle and the graceful shape. Setting, as above or with coloured sidestones?

They are both just stunning. Two very impressive and beautiful diamonds.

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Thank you guys soooo much!!
So, the photos I thought of as less than complimentary are actually good?
David

Offline diamondjunkie

Oh I love them both - I wouldn't like to try and choose!  Not that I am in the running for either of these...........unless someone did happen to find out about how to sell a kidney................or any other body part that we can manage without........ ;D

It would be great to see either of these on the hand of a CDIer!

Offline Awestruck

Actually I wouldn`t mind either of them. Both are beautiful.
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline luvnjewelry

Gosh, I dn't know.  I might have to watch each video at least 50 times more to be sure...

Actually, on first pass, there's a clear winner for me:

NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah: NUMBER ONE  :rahrah:

:rahrah: R2181... SHE'S OUR GAL! IF SHE CAN'T MAKE US DROOL, THEN NOBODY SHALL!  :rahrah:

LOL!  that is too cute.      Yeap,  although the first one may appear to have a little bit of a bow tie...........The faceting is just EXCEPTIONAL.   To be honest though............I never minded a bow tie.....in fact, I may be one of the few that may prefer them.  I just love the charm that they add to a stone........if it is cut beautifully!

Offline diamondjunkie

Me too Ronda!  I love bowties!  I love staring at how the facet pattern is broken up that little bit.  My pear has a bowtie and it doesn't distract from the stone at all.  I like the character it adds.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
The photos are good - the stones are fantastic and that shines through. I think the videos add another dimension too. I always like to see them moving and throwing off fire!

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Shelly

Love the cushion and love the 2.03. 
I'm in the market for a radiant-about 3 cts.  I'm not sure what to put on the sides.  I like trilliants alot, but think it's very flashy.  Would you recommend baguettes with a radiant center stone or should I do trilliants.  I know it's personal but I would like your professional opinion on what would look best. 
Thanks Shelly

Offline annie1

• CDI Member
Hey Shelly - welcome to the forum!

I'm going to add a:  :david:  so that he'll be sure to see this post.  :)

For now, have you seen the sidestone page on the DBL website?

http://diamondsbylauren.com/DBL_sidestones.shtml

There are a lot of examples with both trills and baguettes!
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Snooper

My vote is traps or baguettes with the radiant... I've never been a trill fan, but wow, I hope you find your 3 carat soon!!!

I too like a slight bow tie!! Something about them that is nice... Can't explain it..