Author Topic: SURVIVOR DIAMOND ISLAND: Tribe EnAblers  (Read 194878 times)

Snooper

Re: SURVIVOR DIAMOND ISLAND: Tribe EnAblers
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »
I gotta do errands, but when I get back, I'll work on some too!!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
EnAblers

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 05:47:17 PM »
Phooey, I screwed-up my attachment in my last post. I guess you'll have to open it manually...  :icon_scratch:

Snooper

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »
sweet trinkette! I don't know how to post pdf files here..  :-\

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »
Hummm, well, I didn't start with legit art either, its kind of a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Maybe this will work instead?

Snooper

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »
I think we have a winner!!!!  :hail: What do you say tribe?

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »
Hummm, well, I didn't start with legit art either, its kind of a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Maybe this will work instead?

This is awesome you guys--I'd love to have a polo shirt with this replacing the izod alligator--haha!!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »
Just a quick reminder EnAbler Tribe...

Your tribe wants to get as many correct answers to the challenge as possible. This will ensure that you are individually saved from getting voted off because your tribe will be spared tribal council. So, right now, it is best to work as a team, build alliances and outplay, outwit and outlast the other tribe. It is also important to know that if you do go to tribal council, in order to save your a**, you have to encourage everyone in your tribe to answer the tribal council question...your chances improve with more members responding.

Offline jewellk

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »
Just got back from our trip. I'll do my best to catch up!! love the name and logo!
Mindi  :munky2:

Snooper

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »
Ok, I can't remember who I didn't give an assignment to, so PM me if I didn't :)

I want to say Trinkette and jewellk need an assignment...

Offline Pinklady

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2007, 11:35:59 PM »
Trinkette - It Rocks!  :git: Way to go Girl!

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 12:54:20 AM »
OMG!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE that logo!!!!!

Snooper

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »
Ms. K you changed your name! :)

Ok, I think it's official, Trinkette's logo is the winner! now you all have your "mission" not sure when it'll be up, but I want my tribe to get immunity over the nameless group :)

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2007, 01:39:27 AM »
Tribe Enablers, here are your 3 questions and tie breaker that need answers by midnight Wednesday 30th May.  Work together, pool your knowledge and don't fall for the sneaky tactics of the other tribe.  Good luck castaways.

1. Why doesn't GIA use A, B & C when grading color in diamonds?

2.  What shape of diamond is a twinned crystal whose shape is suited to cutting fancy shapes such as hearts and pears?

3.  Which city is known as the 'Diamond City'?

Tiebreaker:  How many visitors did CDI have for the whole month of February - (clue, it's over 5,000 but below 10,000).

Snooper

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:46 AM »
TEAM! Look for answers to #2!!! I know all the rest!!!

Snooper

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 02:12:14 AM »
Team!! Between me and GL (as we're up) we're certain we know the 3 answers!!!  >:D

I'll be PMing you answers so we can officially post by tomorrow night I believe :)

Snooper

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 02:27:51 AM »
UGH!!! Ms. K and BigRed? I am at my limit of 11 pm's... ACE! I know you're up, send these two the pm I sent 9 of you

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 03:39:15 AM »
sorry guys, i just got back from my vacation...  i'm trying to catch up now...  what do i need to do sam?

Snooper

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 03:41:08 AM »
If you got my pm Ace (on the answers to the 3 questions) forward those to Ms. K (formerly Mskerry) and BigRed.  I'm still in time out on PM's!! ARG!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline acebruin

• My Gallery
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 03:52:56 AM »
done!

Snooper

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2007, 04:32:10 AM »
Due to not being sure if who ever posts first wins, we're going to post our answers now...

For those who I didn't communicate with, I hope you're not mad, but until I hear further, me and 2 other members wanted to post ASAP... Gosh I hope you're not mad!! If we find out that it's not on a first come first basis, I will wait till I hear from others.  I, along with the members I talked with are POSITIVE of our answers as we have concrete proof :)

Here offered by Tribe EnAblers are the final answers to the challenge set on Tuesday May 29th:

1. Why doesn't GIA use A, B & C when grading color in diamonds?
In a nutshell? They wanted a fresh start.  But GIA states:

"Why does the GIA color grading system start at D? Before GIA introduced the GIA D-Z Color Grading Scale, a variety of other symbols were loosely applied throughout the industry. Not only were A, B, and C used without clear definition, but some dealers, taking a cue from the poultry business perhaps, started grading their diamonds double A (AA).

Other systems used numbers-both Arabic (0, 1, 2, 3) and Roman (I, II, III). Most dubious of all were systems that relied on descriptive terms like "gem blue" or "blue white." Terms like these are notoriously susceptible to misinterpretation.

So the creators of the GIA Color Scale wanted to start fresh. They wanted symbols that would not have any association with earlier systems. Thus the GIA scale starts at the letter D. There may be some people still clinging to other grading systems, but no other system has the clarity and universal acceptance of the GIA scale."

2.  What shape of diamond is a twinned crystal whose shape is suited to cutting fancy shapes such as hearts and pears?
macle twin

3.  Which city is known as the 'Diamond City'?
Antwerp

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2007, 04:50:04 AM »
To clarify for you guys, it's not a first come, first served basis.  We look at the answers for each tribe's questions to decide a winner.  If both tribes answer the questions correctly, it comes down to the tie breaker - which, incidentally Tribe EnAblers, you haven't answered.............I'll allow you to make an additional post due to a little confusion........... :)

Snooper

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2007, 04:52:14 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhh good to know... That makes it easier then!!! Thanks DJ and ignore my last pm to you about this issue..

Ok team, if you want to lynch the leader, say "I"... LOL SORRY!!! But 3 of the 11 members are positive on the answers as we have PROOF!  >:D It won't happen again! I blame my moment of stupidity and acting very quickly due to it being 5am EST! LOL NIGHT!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »
Good morning Tribe EnAblers(EST members that is).

Great work guys and awesome communication.  Don't be putting blinders on--check out Booty Tribe's answers--are they all correct? Hmmm---

Offline joia

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 07:33:08 AM »
Keep trying Enablers that is all that you can do. 
Good luck.  YouŽll need it.
Joia
 :rotflmao: :BangHead: :rotflmao: