Author Topic: Have you ever felt "unimportant" in a jewelry store?  (Read 44442 times)

Offline Trinkette

Re: Have you ever felt "unimportant" in a jewelry store?
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
Have rock, will try-on.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »
Cloth mayeth not make the man,  but rock maketh the woman, apparently...
rock maketh the woman very happy!  ;D
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2010, 08:24:11 AM »
I have always felt intimidated going into 'expensive ' jewelery stores'. even though i use to work at my local mall in one. when i first got my DBL EC pink halo ring, i showed it to someone in a different chain jewelery store and they sniffed that they didn't carry J colored stones, because they were not up to their color standard. I tried to explain that mine was a GIA, and was there for better than there IGI graded stones, but they didn't believe me.

on the other hand, I was kind of snobbish about showing the most expensive pieces in our store to say, teenagers for example. when a teenager wanted to look at a 2 ct round for $13000.00, I would ask to hold their drivers liscense first. the reason being, that we were afraid it would be a snatch and run.
   when i worked for this particular jewery store, we had a diamond swapped with a cubic zirconia ( it was the 2 ct RB I mentioned above). I never said anything, but I think I was the one that it was swapped on. I had a guy come in  and ask to see the most expensive ring in the case, he moved it down below the counter and then back up. he quickly handed it back to me and turned around and walked out. it must have been an inside job, because the ring he swapped had a tag on it, just like the one he stole. I still can't believe that happened to me.   >:(
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 09:03:57 AM »
Oh, saqsay, I hope that he didn't do that to you!  :evil7:

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »
It was not the first time it happened and it won't be the last.  That is why GOD made insurance.  Don't sweat it. 

Offline benandrew

• Engagement Rings UK
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »
Never!!! For Jewelry stores, their customer are always important for them.