Author Topic: 1.06 asscher  (Read 16747 times)

Offline Sanchica27

1.06 asscher
« on: April 09, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »
the 1.13 asscher in the pink halo on the dbl website is what drew me in here...then i saw robins gorgeous asscher that i found out was inspired by the very same ring!  the last few days i have found myself reading and looking around as much as possible!  robin suggested to me the 1.06 asscher that is listed in the under 3k thread and i was wondering what your opinions on it were.  the stats sound pretty good to me but i did notice the mentioning that the corners arent quite so asschery.  (is that even a word? lol) im going to request a video of the stone and possibly a face to face meeting with it since i live right on LI.  im pretty sure i want the pink halo setting with bezel but minus the miligrain.  if i would have seen this before i got my er ring, this would have been it! but of course, it will do nicely for a rhr! i know there are a lot of asscher and pink halo fans out here so i wanted your opinions!  thanks a lot!

always saving up for my next piece!

Offline Sanchica27

Re: 1.06 asscher
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Next up, a 1.06 Asscher - although to me, this one is more of a square emerald cut- becasue the corners are smaller......
Very nice in person.

ITEM #: R1856
Asscher Cut Diamond, Loose

WEIGHT: 1.06ct
  SHAPE: Asscher Cut
  COLOR: L
  CLARITY: VS1
  MEASUREMENTS: 5.72 x 5.65 x 3.82 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 67.6%
  TABLE SIZE: 72%
  POLISH: VG
  SYMMETRY: VG
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 15717634

Price: $2649

~i couldnt copy the pics from the original posting but this is the info!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
Here's a pic of the diamond Sanchica.

I personally love this one.  Square step cuts do it for me and even the smaller corners don't detract from it.  Very, very nice! 

Snooper

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »
I would get a video or more pics of possible if you're not sure.  I don't mind the corners not being as defined!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »
Great point Snooper.  I'll make sure David sees this thread.

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
thnx for the pic dj!

Offline luvnjewelry

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »
I think it is Stunning.... Asscher's are not very big for there weight...but this is a nice size for a 1.06.   The L color will probably not bother you in the least since it is a step cut!    Requesting a movie of the stone is definately a must..............I have a feeling after seeing the movie and at the above price, this baby will be YOURS!!! ;)  PINK HALO ..........YUMMY!~Ronda

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »
I love it, and I actually think the corners are an advantage.  If you are going with the bezel, I do not think it will be all that noticable as far as whether or not it will look like an asscher, but it will give it a little more size.  Just :My2cents:

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »
thank you all for your assurance and your 2! i will def be making a decision as soon as a see some more pics and the video!

i might only be able to buy the stone for now but i will def be having it set in that pink halo eventually!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 06:22:49 PM »
You could do what BigRed did and have it set in one of the simple solitaire mounts while you save for the halo.

I'm going to add you to our Owners in Waiting list, Sanchica!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
thats a great idea! i was just looking at the page for a simple band until i can get the halo, im thinking the lucida!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »
I'm thinking that would be GAWGEOUS!

Offline CaratHead

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »
I would definitely look at another for comparison.  I would rather have a choice, you know?  I would prefer slightly larger corners, but I wouldn't rule this one out...just would want to compare...
So many ballgames, so little time...

Offline jewellk

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »
My asscher/square EC has smaller corners and I like it. I will say, the prongs hide the corners, which is a bit disappointing, but I think a bezel settin would look great with this stone!
Mindi  :munky2:

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »
sometimes it needs to be step by step, all is well though. ill get to enjoy the process and appreciate it even more when its complete!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
I love asschers and that one is gorgeous and would look great in a pink halo :)
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline elizabeth

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »
I LOVE that asscher... actually I found my way here via eBay ... an asscher and a cushion less than 6 weeks ago!  :)  I now have a 3 stone EC ring and a cushion in "the works!"  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:26:49 PM by elizabeth »

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 09:25:42 PM »
wow! talk about a DSA! lol!

Offline Michi

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 11:29:59 PM »
Sanchica - I bought an asscher from David last month (when I was in a particularly weenie, weak state of self-control).  For comparison, my stats are pretty similar to the 1.06, except mine had strong blue fluorescence and strong corners:

WEIGHT: 1.08ct
CLARITY: VVS2
MEASUREMENTS: 5.62 x 5.60 x 4.10 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 73.2%
TABLE SIZE: 67%
POLISH: G
SYMMETRY: G
FLUORESCENCE: STRONG BLUE

Here's a couple of pictures of it (it's in the sold section) on DBL.  I just got it last week and it's terrific!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:41:11 PM by Michi »

Offline BigRed

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »
You can't go wrong with this stone! I too am wanting a pink halo for mine but could not afford it at this time. But the stone I bought is remarkable and I didn't want it to get away. So I purchased the stone and David set it in one of his antique settings. I will be sending it back to him the first week of August for the new halo. He offered to send it to me loose but I had to get a feel for how it would look on my hand. I think the movie is the route to go to see if you like it and if you do then go for it!
DBL's One and only Rose Gold Queen!!!!!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »
Sanchica - I bought an asscher from David last month (when I was in a particularly weenie, weak state of self-control).  For comparison, my stats are pretty similar to the 1.06, except mine had strong blue fluorescence and strong corners:

WEIGHT: 1.08ct
CLARITY: VVS2
MEASUREMENTS: 5.62 x 5.60 x 4.10 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 73.2%
TABLE SIZE: 67%
POLISH: G
SYMMETRY: G
FLUORESCENCE: STRONG BLUE

Here's a couple of pictures of it (it's in the sold section) on DBL.  I just got it last week and it's terrific!

yes! i read through that whole thread and i saw how quick you grabbed that one up! i cant blame you its such a beauty! i did the comparisons from that thread and even if im not completely happy with this one (which i doubt will happen) i know i can always upgrade it later!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »
You can't go wrong with this stone! I too am wanting a pink halo for mine but could not afford it at this time. But the stone I bought is remarkable and I didn't want it to get away. So I purchased the stone and David set it in one of his antique settings. I will be sending it back to him the first week of August for the new halo. He offered to send it to me loose but I had to get a feel for how it would look on my hand. I think the movie is the route to go to see if you like it and if you do then go for it!

i feel the same way about this stone! its such a great price i dont want to loose it! i think for this i will go with the lucida if i get it, i love that sleek contemporary look, it reminds me of the sweeping lines in my ER.

Offline Michi

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »
The radiant center stone in my PL ring (the one in my avatar) does not have particularly strong corners, but the bezel set made it seem much more dramatic, so that's something you may want to consider if you're going to eventually put a halo around it.  I think this stone is a deal and it's really gorgeous.

Yes, I did act quickly and and very impetuously (not normal for me).  Like I said, I was in a weenie, weak state of mind, lol.

Offline robin

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
Well, of course *I* think it would be awesome-- a substantial ring for a really good price.  But the shape really needs to draw you in-- your diamond will call your name.  Is this one calling??   ;)

--Robin

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:45 AM »
i def intend on putting it in a bezel when i do the halo, i like that it looks so smooth all the way around and that the profile is so snug! itll probably be almost another year until its all the way done, maybe the FH will finance the halo setting as a wedding present....i have to start planting that idea in his head,lol!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:21:47 AM by Sanchica27 »