Author Topic: My new beautiful pear  (Read 2531 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
My new beautiful pear
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
Earlier this year, a friend of mine got engaged.  We helped her pick the right pear shape halo ring.  I spent more time looking at pear halos because of her.  Then a client of ours asked for an all yellow pear halo and when it came in and I tried it on, I swooned.

Now I have a yellow and actually do not have as many colorless diamonds.  I also had a diamond band that was just aching for a similar ring to go with it, so I went with all yellow. 

We started this this beauty - vintage style pear

It turned into this massive gorgeous ring (worn with my existing band)

Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: My new beautiful pear
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »
Congratulatuions!

(What? No stats?)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
The link to the pear stats was too hidden, my mistake

R7325  It's a .75ct H I1 vintage style pear.  I can see the open culet at some angles even set.  Love how it gets the pastel colors in dim lighting like my Yoram OMB does.  I have been wanting to collect different diamond shapes and when this one came in, it did steal my heart. I've had the band for a long time and wanted this style to go with it so I would be able to wear it more often. 

Total carat weight of the ring is 'only' 1.23ct and set in platinum.  I say it like that because many people say it looks much larger on my hand.  The halo is about 9 x 13 mm total and the pear did face up larger for its size too.  Yay for little fingers, right?

Really this would have been quite an economical engagement ring for someone (stone was $1595 and setting just about the same price) especially considering the physical presence.  I intended it to be my spare but now I seem to wear it all the time.  Considering resetting Sunny into a 3 stone with colorless asschers or something. 
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
Here is one more picture I took with a cell phone after my hands cooled off (they were red and swollen from washing dishes prior - sans ring of course).  Once I am done putting together things for a fall festival I am chairing, I will have more time to take pictures I hope :)

Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 05:54:06 AM »
Yay for small hands, but that would look pretty big on any hands. It's a lovely stone. Congratulations again!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 06:01:21 AM »
Yay for small hands, but that would look pretty big on any hands. It's a lovely stone. Congratulations again!

(I would not touch Sunny - get something else with colourless Asschers; go all steps with this one:

or keep a mix of faceting styles with this one:

or anything else that catches your fancy (!), but that ring is a masterpiece and should be treated as such, IMHO)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:57:31 PM »
I haven't made any decisions as of yet on Sunny.  I worry I won't wear her as much but we'll see. 

I definitely won't be doing anything until spring of next year.  That will give me time to think about it all and see what I do wear.
Elaine aka Squiggly