Author Topic: My new 3 stone ring  (Read 1375 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
My new 3 stone ring
« on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »
I've been wanting a step cut diamond for a while.  Just love the elegant look.  Finally decided between three different stones and decided to go with a 'collector's piece' of sorts - a little .36ct D Internally Flawless no fluorescence emerald cut.  I knew I wanted a 3 stone ring and after discussing things with David I decided to "go big or go home" and went with GIA graded side stones.  I thought I wanted asschers but decided in the end I wanted emeralds that were only slightly smaller in size.

So I searched some stones and found 2 good candidates for sides.  With in an hour or two we had them and David put them together so we could see.  They were as perfect as one can get for sides.  They were off by a grand .03mm total from each other and still beautifully cut.  The only 'downfall' is that they are 'only' E VVS1 stones and one has slight fluorescence (though I cannot pick up on it with my UV pen).

We have been working with a fantastic group to make rings.  They've been doing a lot of the solitaires we have posted recently.  Not super pointy and long claw prongs, but lovely all the same.  So I decided to have them make a trellis style in platinum for me. 

The result is amazing!  Perfect and bright and OMG for a 'mere' 1ctw it has a huge impact on my hand.  Real quality looking piece too.

I only have a couple pictures for now.  My camera that has good macro has a dead battery and I cannot find the charger.  So cell phone pics and a profile shot from David will have to do for now.  I'll add more in a few days I hope.

Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: My new 3 stone ring
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:37 AM »
That looks stunning. Congratulations!

(I thought you'd want to go for those fabulous carrés that Yoram cut, as in

...but thank you for leaving the temptation still there!)  ;D

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
Truthfully when choosing stones now I go for something that is completely different from what I currently have.  I had absolutely no colorless diamond rings.  I do however have an N colored stone that Yoram cut.  So those 3 didn't make my list.

This one did and I am still surprised at my choice. 

It was seriously between that one and this pretty emerald - and when I couldn't decide I went completely colorless and perfect. 

Now I think I just need the right mix of the two in color and cut and I'd be all over it.  I was looking for a brown step cut and both just were close but not quite for me.  I think a brown asscher would be ideal for me now.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:54:06 PM »
David and Sandra could tell you how long I pondered my choice too.  I love the result and would not change it for the world.  I do need more step cuts in my life though ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »
I do need more step cuts in my life though ;)
Don't we all... I'm seriously thinking about those carrés...

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »
I do need more step cuts in my life though ;)
Don't we all... I'm seriously thinking about those carrés...
Those would make for a fantastic ring.  You should get them - they need a home ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly