Author Topic: Hi All!  (Read 3847 times)

Offline jewellk

Hi All!
« on: January 29, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
My name is Melinda and I'm in Louisville, KY. I just got married last year and we're now expecting our first child in about 2 months. So, as my husband works on renovating our house in preparations for the new arrival, I sit on the computer and search for DIAMONDS!! :)

I've been obsessed with jewelry all my life, mostly silver and semi-precious stones like turquoise, labradorite, bruneau jasper, etc., though I just recently developed a taste for diamonds, much to my DH's chagrin. But! In my defense....it's HIS fault!! He's the one that just HAD to go out and get me an asscher for an engagement ring! Now I'm in love with diamonds of all shapes, sizes and colors. The only "problem" (other than limited funds) I see with my new "hobby" is that I just can't seem to make up my mind about what I want next...brown oval? brown cushion? yellow radiant? white pear? OEC

So, thanks to Webmistress and David for this site and look forward to chatting about and drooling over diamonds with you all!
Mindi  :munky2:

Offline Rubymu

Re: Hi All!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Hey Melinda....liked your little intro.  Gosh...bub on the way in two months.....how exciting!!!!

Diamonds are addicitive hey.....and your hubby is sounds like a sweetie.

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:58:00 AM »
Oh I didn't know you were expecting a little one!  How exciting!  Keep us up to speed and let your hubby spoil you.  :)

You are in good company for your diamond lust.  Just don't expect anyone here to talk you OUT of a purchase!  We're all far to obsessed for that!

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:59:07 AM »
Welcome!  :)
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline luvnjewelry

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
Hello to another familiar face!  What can be more exciting than getting a new sparkly than having a baby?    Congratulations to you and your hubby!   Now tell him to get back to work...you gotta baby coming!!!LOL!!  Just kidding!  ~Ronda

Offline jewellk

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:29:04 AM »
Thanks girls! Hubby is a real sweetie. I sure got lucky when I met him :). He's been working so hard on the house and we're having a garage built right now as well so things are crazy around here to say the least! Throw on top of that 4 dogs and 2 cats and call us the local Circus!!

DH has been sweet also to "entertain" my diamond obsession. He looks at all the pictures I show him, will make the occasional "that's neat" or "that's cool" when prompted, and generally replies "You're funny" when I tell him I'm going to buy one piece or another. He used to reply "You have too much jewelry" (I know, I know...blasphemous!!) but to that I've responded by selling a bunch of my jewelry on ebay and not shopping at all for about three months (except for Xmas presents). HA! I got him there!!! So, I'm veeerrrry close to a purchase...just have to find "The One."
Mindi  :munky2:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:47:11 AM »
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
It's sounds like you found yourself a great guy! 

My guy takes more than a little prompting before he'll say something nice about jewelry - unless it's already safely owned by someone else that is.. :)
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »
Hi M!!!

That is so exciting! You guys are fast workers.

Thank you so much for being here!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline RedRaider

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
Hello from Kentucky, as well!

My husband and I are currently stationed at Fort Knox, but we drive to Louisville every single weekend.  We love the area. 

~RedRaider
~RedRaider~

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."  Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

Snooper

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 05:16:13 PM »
Hey and welcome!!! AND HUGE congrats on the upcoming arrival of your baby!!! I had no idea!!! That is HUGE news! :o

Offline kleinkath

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 07:10:37 PM »
Congrats on your upcoming arrival!!!
:cat: KK :cat: