Poll

How should I set it?

Solitaire pendant in plat
1 (33.3%)
Solitaire ring in plat
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: How to set .89 D pear?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Flamboyant

How to set .89 D pear?
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:04:36 AM »
Hi folks! I haven't been on this forum in forever!

But I recently became the proud owner of R5938, a gorgeous .89 D pear. Yes, he's big! I have no idea how to set him - I originally bought him thinking of setting him into a pendant as I think pears naturally lend themselves to a pendant shape... but my worry is that the D pear looks wayyyyyyyyyy whiter, like distinctively whiter than my G color round studs... and I would wear these at same time... Do you think I should set it in a right hand ring instead? It's kinda massive for a rhr to be honest... I don't know what to do. Please vote for either option! Thank you so much! Although I am saving money right now and cannot set the pear immediately I can at least decide on the setting right now hehehe.  :)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: How to set .89 D pear?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the color differences myself.  No one would really be able to see them all at the same time that carefully.

That said I love 3 stone rings with pears.... not sure why but they are my favorite and what I'd do with such a pretty pear :)

It is a nice size stone but not so large that I feel it wouldn't be good as a ring. 
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline greeneyedbass

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:14:41 AM »
A ring, please, 3 stone, 5mm colorless round side stones.

Offline Flamboyant

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:42:48 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess with a ring I'll be able to see it too.  :laugh:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
I'm kind of with the wanting to see the diamond crowd.....but DW loves having a sweet rock in a pendant.....so I can get that as well.
Not making this any easier......congrats on the lovely stone flamboyant
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
I love pear tear/rain drop pendents...that's what is on the top of my list!   Love your stone...congratulations!   :)     

Offline Flamboyant

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »
Thanks David and lovecolor. Gotta think some more...

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »
I think it would make a gorgeous pendant  something we don't see that often anymore. The high color will make it quite easy to see from several feet away. And, I wouldn't worry about matching the color of the ERs. I doubt it would be noticeable. My guess is, when you wear this beauty, the ERs will play second fiddle anyway which is what you want! Maybe David can source a smaller, matching round brilliant from which to hang the tear-drop, if you don't want it to go solo. Or, save-up and add two or three RBs for a drop-style pendant (of course, that may make it less of an "everyday" piece). Regardless, whichever way you go, ring or pendant, you have a stunning stone. Perfect profile! Congratulations.

Offline Flamboyant

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:29:47 AM »
Thanks Trinkette. I love your idea of attaching a round brilliant above the pear.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »
I love that look with a single round at the top.  I really think it will be beautiful as a pendant as well.

Truthfully I cannot vote on this one simply because it will be beautiful no matter what you do!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com