Poll

How much is a fair price for a visibly imperfect diamond that would cost about $25-30k if it was VS1

$15000
0 (0%)
$10000
1 (14.3%)
$5000
4 (57.1%)
A buck three eighty nine and a Quarter
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: How Little is a 4ct I2 Diamond Worth  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Re: How Little is a 4ct I2 Diamond Worth
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
This is what I meant by frozen spit, I don't think either of these stones is at all comparable.

The videos show the brilliance and they look quite pretty, and this distance/magnification works for me. The radiant seems to have two spots on the table where the inclusion creates slash like reflections. That might be the negative for me. I don't see anything in the round video that causes my eye to be offended, even though I can see the inclusions. Maybe my eye is willing to accept inclusions that blend into the facets on coloured stones?
Great pic Shiba!!!
Luckily none of the stones we're considering are anything like that....
I think the 4ct will get by on brilliance and size-
The three carat is just a great deal- pretty much for the reasons Shiba said- imperfections blending into a deeply colored stone...maybe like an emerald in some senses....
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
This is what I meant by frozen spit, I don't think either of these stones is at all comparable.

The videos show the brilliance and they look quite pretty, and this distance/magnification works for me. The radiant seems to have two spots on the table where the inclusion creates slash like reflections. That might be the negative for me. I don't see anything in the round video that causes my eye to be offended, even though I can see the inclusions. Maybe my eye is willing to accept inclusions that blend into the facets on coloured stones?
Great post and I so agree!  You found an image of what I was trying to explain.  Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words. 

I think for me the inclusions and types vary on what I find acceptable.  Some pieces I don't care at all, but others I do. 

I also know some that like inclusions.  One friend thinks her black carbon looks like a freckle.  Another said something similar.  Not everyone will be bothered by that look.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
I think the bottom line with this stone is the price. For those that like brown diamonds, and want a larger stone...... If the price is right, the inclusions won't matter as much. I say a halo setting.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."