Author Topic: Great Happy Day!There's gonna be a new ring in town!  (Read 4863 times)

Offline ah2bqat

Great Happy Day!There's gonna be a new ring in town!
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »
But not for me.  :smarty:

My DSD, is getting engaged.  I haven't been able to coax her over to the forum yet, but...she wanted David to make her e-ring.  Smart girl.  :git:  and put it in my hands.  Good girl. :patpat:

Once again, D is playing fairy godfather to the Nth degree.  We don't have pictures, yet. Although I hope he will do a couple glamour shots for this thread before it gets shipped off.
   :N1Please2HL1: :N1Please2HL1: :N1Please2HL1:

You need to understand that getting a definitive answer out of this child is a extreme feat.  Doesn't happen in nature. But we did it.  I can only hope she's had as much fun as I have in paging through DBL together, all while furiously texting each other. (She lives near a different set of mountains)

Her choice?  D found a wonderful half carat round from the same parcel that http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-ring-51ct-fsi2-eye-clean-bezel-set-pink-gold-r5629 came from.  Only I like the babyqat's better.  Same basic qualities plus bloo fluor!  D picked it out, so I know it's a stunning stone.

She picked her setting last night.  After significant dithering, http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-dainty-diamond-solitaire-so3791 was her choice.  But...(there's always a but, right?)  She wants hers in rose gold.  With pink diamonds. 

I know it's going to be a while before we can see it, but I think it is going to be exquisite.  Soooo happy!

Now...if I can only learn to feel that way about her fiance.  Can we all sing along to the chorus of 'He's not good enough for my baby girl"?  Just learned it, myself, but I understand it's quite a popular tune.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:53:30 PM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Great Happy Day!There's gonna be a new ring in town!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »
Now...if I can only learn to feel that way about her fiance.  Can we all sing along to the chorus of 'He's not good enough for my baby girl"?  Just learned it, myself, but I understand it's quite a popular tune.  ::)
If he gets bored of hearing that one, you can always suggest this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRRAgAjGTo (I'm training for my own daughter's wedding)

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:09:40 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »
OMC - I keep hearing the words on that utube video over and over again : "GET BACK, GET BACK TO WHERE YOU ONCE BELONGED!"  Luckily you do have a few more years before your daughter gets married!  :0)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
I have just realised the Beatles could be interpreted in two ways... one decidedly rude, the other kinder. Still, I quite like the idea... ;)

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
You'll need stronger ammo than that for your daughter's beaux, OMC.  I've been singing that one at this boy for more than 5 years with no visible effect. 

At 17, he had a talk with my dearly beloved about why he thought he could sleep with our daughter while she was 16 and living under our roof.  Dad was cleaning his 9mil pistol at the time. Didn't phase this kid in the slightest.

I think it's time to just roll over and play dead.  They've  been friends since early high school days, and an exclusive item for more than two years.  Time to set our baby girl free, no matter what my brain is screaming.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:38:22 PM by ah2bqat »

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
Ah2bqat,

I feel ya!!!She sounds JUST like my DSD,...............in fact, some days I call her my Red-headed-step-thing she's so communicative and decisive!!!NOT!!!She, too, will be clever, sometimes,....she'll let me cook, or help with jewelry, clothes, and persuading her Dad to part with extra cash on her behalf when necessary, like for her Quinceanera party. She is saving up all her remaining 'chips' with me for when she asks me to help plan her wedding  - I do allot of wedding planning so can be of allot of help to her and her mom when that time comes  ::)

It's gonna be a very pretty ring!!!! For me, that's a 'things that make you go hmmmmm' kinda sign if, after five years, you still don't like him,............. Fingers crossed that she has a happy marriage.........that's what counts.

I've only got boys left at home now, so with any luck, we won't need to start cleaning firearms on the front porch anytime soon,.......................Hubby will have had enough practice with DSD to last a lifetime, and she's only 18.........

Can't wait to see the pictures!! Go D for the fairy Godfather role!!!
Congratulations for the DSD,..... I think???  ;)

Michelle

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:23 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes on my DSD's behalf.  We, too, hope they are very happy.  He still needs to grow up quite a bit, but so does she.  Hopefully, he'll grow on us at that point. 

And, of course, one must look back to being that age.  I remember my parents, arguably quite reasonable and savvy folks, as being dumber than a box of rocks back then.  So we all go thru the insanity. I just pray they both get through it relatively unscathed. (The kids, not my parents.)  And then we can get on with strengthening the family ties.

But for now, we'll bottle our hopes and fears in our hearts, and let the promise of their future together be symbolized by this delicate and divine little ring.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »
No matter what we think of the fiancÚ, I know she's going to have a beautiful ring!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see this one all put together.

Hopefully he will surprise you though.  More than once I have thought someone wasn't good enough for a loved one and when push came to shove, they proved themselves and were very happy to have them in our lives in the end. Hopefully you'll feel that way about him too.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
Oh, this is lovely news! I'm just catching up with the folks on the forum, and this is so good to hear! I hope they'll be very happy (and yes, they'll have a wonderful ring)!
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com