Author Topic: I had an oops - but its's all ok  (Read 2562 times)

Offline shiba

I had an oops - but its's all ok
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
I have been limiting myself to an occasional lurk...not that I don't still love the site, just my sparklie funds have been re-allocated to Graduate school.  Give me 8 weeks and I will be back searching for a graduation present!  ;)

In the meantime, I wanted to give a shout out to David and Elaine.

My Uber flower ring had a bit of an accident from when I dropped it. Crazy, but it fell perfectly against one prong and bent it out of shape. The head of the stone is integrated with the prongs, so it could have knocked everything out of wack. The weight of the platinum + tile floor = un-seated stone.  :'(

Not a big deal to send it back for repair, except I don't live in the US. No way was I taking it to someone local.
I had a trip to the US planned in a couple of months, and since customs can be a real PITA, David suggested we arrange shipping once I arrived. A little nerve wracking because of the short time line, and being reliant on UPS to ship back and forth across the country.

Rather embarrassing to send it back to the Uber guys in the state it was in, (I am hard on my rings) and thankfully it was an easy fix. It came back looking like new too.

Not many places are willing to go out of their way to satisfy a jittery customer, never mind one that has such limited time constraints.   :Score-101010:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: I had an oops - but its's all ok
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Good luck as you finish grad school - I say that's a perfect time to buy yourself a gift (upon graduation that is) ;)

Just so glad that it all worked out so well for you!

Now we just need a few pics of the ring all spruced up.  What can I say I am a sucker for any hand shots with rings that are old or new!
Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »
Rather embarrassing to send it back to the Uber guys in the state it was in, (I am hard on my rings)

You mean it wasn't the fall which caused all the problems? Tsk tsk.  >:D

Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation - we are all looking forward to your graduation present!

Offline shiba

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »
haha, it wasn't that bad. Not like it went in the garburator, just a little dull, scratched and a few dings - obviously much loved.  ;)

These are the pics I had taken when it was new.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:21:39 PM by shiba »