Author Topic: Welcome back!!!  (Read 628 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Welcome back!!!
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
So the long and short of it is, we had to upgrade the software.  The old orange theme you were used to is not at all compatible with the new software.  It cased a massive issue where the makers of the software couldn't even figure it out.

After I figured out how to fix that part at least, we had to do a restoration of the database.  You can imagine that with a large forum full of loads of history & photos that it took a while.

I am so sorry it took so long to get us back, but we are back!!!

I will be working on the theme later on this week as well as tweaking small issues, but hopefully for now this will make people as joyful as I was when it finally returned with all missing posts!

Again welcome back and so glad we were able to restore all the posts for everyone.  Oh if one or two is missing, I am sorry... but I think we tried to capture them all.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:49:11 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline DiamondsAreForever

Re: Welcome back!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »
I actually gasped when I say the notice about the crash.  Welcome back!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »
I'm sure you can imagine what it was like for me this weekend trying to fix it all ;D

I'm just glad we are back.

The look is a little different I know, but some of the features seem nice at least on my end. 
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:36:26 PM »
Glad to see we are back up and running................I too had my heart in my mouth when I saw we were "down".

Fabulous work getting us back up Squigs!!

M

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »
Thank you!!  I wish it would have gone smoother, but at least I am finally coming to terms with this not being something I could have foreseen. 

You don't know the guilt I had at first when the error codes kept coming up.  After that was fixed we just needed more time to restore the database itself.

At least now we have a very clean forum (software wise) so any future updates/upgrades shouldn't be so bad.
Elaine aka Squiggly