Author Topic: Ashes to Diamonds, Anyone?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Ashes to Diamonds, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
I want to know how big these diamonds are ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
I saw them advertised "up to 1.50 carat" - we were considering getting one from our dog's ashes (he died 10 days ago), but decided against it based on the (redunkulous) price.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
I didn't even think of doing it with my cat's ashes.  If there were a way to do that with a human without all the crazy other funeral costs, I'd actuallly consider it as $5K is not an expensive funeral.

However for the cats - yeah that's a lot of money.  I loved my Cleo but couldn't consider paying that price for something like that.  A few hundred dollar price tage would have me reconsider.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your pet though :(
Elaine aka Squiggly

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:58:27 AM »
Thanks. We miss him, although having another dog helps a lot to fill the emptiness.

He lived a good life - 14 years, 4 months and 5 days is a lot for a large dog; until a couple of months ago he was still playing with his canine mate (who is 3), and he enjoyed eating until his last day. Went in his sleep, probably of a brain haemorrhage.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:23 AM »
OMC, I'm very sorry that your family friend has passed...that he didn't suffer is a wonderful consolation.     :'(

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:43:48 AM »
I am so sorry your trusted friend has passed, and so glad he went peacefully.   Such a lovely thing to have enjoyed life with him for such a long time.  Give the kids a big hug from me.  It's so hard lose a friend you've had all your young life.  You were so wise to bring them another pup and hedgehog when he was aging.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »
OMC:
Please accept my condolences on the passing of your pet. I'm sure he will be missed by all.  Please give his pal a little extra attention in the coming weeks.  They miss their pals, too.

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »
Thank you all for the good wishes.

DAF - you are absolutely right; she's sad and clearly misses her buddy, though he wasn't much fun to be around in the last few weeks. Whenever his name is mentioned, she goes next to the front door, clearly waiting for him to arrive.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:36 AM »
So sad to watch pets grieve for their friends like that.  Our cat would cry in the closet where Cleo used to sleep.  It broke my heart. 

My heart goes out to you right now.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
So sorry to hear about you dear dog, OMC. I know that he was lucky to have you and your family, and no doubt you were all loved. He did live a long life. I'm sure he'll stay in your hearts forever. *SIGH* It's been a crummy time all around; I lost my dearest dog, Ian, the border collie who kept me going and feeling safe after my first husband passed away; then we found my best mare and riding horse dead in the field. If that wasn't enough, days before Christmas we lost my Dad, just hours before my son and I were due to arrive for our holiday visit. Happy to see a New Year begin.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »
Oh Trinkette, that's just heart breaking...too much loss in such a short period of time...I'm so very sorry!   

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
Trink:
So sorry you had such a horrible end of year.  Hoping the new year will be better for you.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »
Oh Trink, I am so sorry for all your losses :(
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
OMC and Trinkette, I am so sorry to hear about both of your losses. Kind of strange really, as I lost  one of my cats as well, last week from a brain tumor. Kind of coincidental don't you think?
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
I think there is something to do with the cold, the darkness and the "strange" atmosphere of year end...

I'm sorry for your loss; hope it wasn't painful for the cat - in hindsight, I'm grateful that our dog passed away without us having to make a decision for him.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:35:20 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
I think there is something to do with the cold, the darkness and the "strange" atmosphere of year end...

I'm sorry for your loss; hope it wasn't painful for the cat - in hindsight, I'm grateful that our dog passed away without us having to make a decision for him.

I don't believe it was painful for him. If I had, we wouldn't have brought him home. He was getting confused and couldn't see or hear well the past few months. I should have seen the signs earlier, but I think I was in denial. Anyway, he was doing okay till a couple of days before he died. We carried him around and spoon fed him. The last night I slept on the couch with him in my arms and he died in his sleep. I am grateful I had those 2 weeks to say goodbye. We buried him in a cat bed, wrapped in one of my fire rescue t shirts, underneath a bush called yesterday, today and tomorrow. I thought that was fitting.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
Aww Saqsay I am so sorry :(  So touching all you did for your cat though - the burial sounds so very fitting. 

My heart really breaks for you all dealing with loss right now.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
So sorry for your loss Saq....
David
Check out our YouTube Channel