Author Topic: Holiday Baking  (Read 2622 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Holiday Baking
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
I wanted to add that this is a spicier cookie than your regular gingerbread or ginger snap even.  I love it though.  The longer you let the dough set the spicier it gets yummmmm
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
This reminds me that this year (or last, for that matter) I haven't made my (semi)traditional "Tronchetto di Natale" (rolled up sponge cake in the form of a Yule log with a chestnut jam and whipped cream filling, covered in chocolate "bark"). Quite how I'm going to square that with the intention of losing weight, I don't know, but I could always try.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
That sounds too good to not make though.  This Christmas was particularly bad for me with eating.  I wound up making 2 flans to serve a whole group of people and I swear I ate half myself.  Of course 2 birthdays in between our holidays didn't help either.

Finally found a 0 calorie drink that doesn't have artificial sweeteners that I would like.  I'm up a couple pounds myself and I need to drop that before I have to get my driver's license photo taken ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
Finally found a 0 calorie drink that doesn't have artificial sweeteners that I would like. 

Yeah?  Spill it, Squigs.  What have you found?  I'd love to get away from artificial sweetners, but all I've got is tea - iced or hot, and water.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
La Croix sparkling water.  A friend of mine showed them to me.  They are just sparkling water with natural flavors.

http://www.lacroixwater.com/product/varieties/
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
Cool.  I'll have to trot out and pick some up.  They are actually stocked within 20 miles of me.

Thanks, Squigs!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!