Author Topic: New Weight loss thread....  (Read 7262 times)

Offline GIAGirl

Re: New Weight loss thread....
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
We will take "after" pictures still!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »
I love the training, but maybe not on Friday the week after Turkey Day. 
What are burpees???  They sound terrible. I will google this.
Glad to hear you are loving the training :) 

I am right there with you on training after the Holiday weekend---I am afraid to step on the scale!  I was down 9.5lbs last Wed. and I am guessing I gained a few lbs. back after all the wonderful food we had with our families!!!

Burpees: you start standing, go down into a deep squat, throw your hands down and your feet back so you are in a plank position, do a push-up, back to plank, then back to a squat, stand up and jump at the end---do this all very quickly, multiple times and try not to throw up  ;)  Oh and I forgot ENJOY it!  They are a great full body workout even though they suck!!!

She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
BLEAH!  I HAtE deep squats all by themselves, let alone with pushups!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 12:47:54 AM »
Burpees sound revolting!!! We do something pretty revolting but I don't know what they are called.  You start on a half ball and go back like a sit-up but with your legs out straight. When you come back up, you put your feet down and hop to a standing position with your hands in the air. You go back down after that and it starts all over.

I'm totally scared to go see the trainer on Fri. I gained 1 lbs. I might be paying for it!!!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
BLEAH!  I HAtE deep squats all by themselves, let alone with pushups!
Haha-they are no fun :)

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
Burpees sound revolting!!! We do something pretty revolting but I don't know what they are called.  You start on a half ball and go back like a sit-up but with your legs out straight. When you come back up, you put your feet down and hop to a standing position with your hands in the air. You go back down after that and it starts all over.

I'm totally scared to go see the trainer on Fri. I gained 1 lbs. I might be paying for it!!!
Revolting is a great word for burpees!!!  Do you use a Bosu ball for the exercise you described?

I hope your workout went well on Friday! 

I was super glad to be able to get through our Friday training session without keeling over-it was a stinker, especially for my 3rd workout of the week!
We do a warm up, then the Pre-workout was: 21 push-presses and 24 pistols
Workout was:
35 wall balls
350m row
30 sit ups(w/bottoms of feet together and knees apart)
300m row
25 pull ups
250m row
20 american kettle bell swings
200m row
15 thrusters
150m row
10 box jumps
100m row
5 burpees
50m row
All as fast as possible ;)  My poor hubbies workout was double everything!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »
Hope everyone's weight loss/getting healthy journeys are still going really well!!!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »
WOW DL- Sounds like you had an amazing workout!!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
That is one heck of a work out DL!!!  I so wish I could do a few of those.  Never mess up your joints at a young age - catches up with you quickly (tendinitis in the elbows and a blown out knee). 

I've been working on planks lately to get my core strength up.  Since I messed up my back like a decade ago, I've lost a ton of core strength.  Even doing a minute plank can be quite a work out for the core.  Been doing leg lifts and crunches (sit ups are a no no for me :() as well as squats. 

I had used a 30 day challenge place and did the squat challenge where I ended up with 250 squats in a row on the last day for me.  That's the kind of stuff I've been up to lately.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »
WOW DL- Sounds like you had an amazing workout!!!
D-always glad when they are over ;)

How is your weight loss journey going?  The way you started out, I am sure you are doing great!!!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
That is one heck of a work out DL!!!  I so wish I could do a few of those.  Never mess up your joints at a young age - catches up with you quickly (tendinitis in the elbows and a blown out knee). 

I've been working on planks lately to get my core strength up.  Since I messed up my back like a decade ago, I've lost a ton of core strength.  Even doing a minute plank can be quite a work out for the core.  Been doing leg lifts and crunches (sit ups are a no no for me :() as well as squats. 

I had used a 30 day challenge place and did the squat challenge where I ended up with 250 squats in a row on the last day for me.  That's the kind of stuff I've been up to lately.
It was a good training session on Friday!  Yesterday's was another tough one too-on Monday's we do benchmark or dedication workouts and they are always stinkers---at least you know it going into the gym and can try to mentally prepare.  Yesterday we did the workout 'Mary'.

Injuries and health issues can be really frustrating-I have a ridiculous number of them I deal with on a daily basis too and it does take some time to overcome them and figure out what your body can handle-keep up the good work on getting and staying strong!!! 

We do planks as a part of every warm up and you are right they are so great for the core.  And if you are up on extended arms(like the top of a push-up) they are a great for arm and upper back strength as well-a really gentle way that you are helping your elbow tendonitis!

Keep up the great work everyone!  Always awesome to hear about others journey's to better health-great motivation!!!

Also, clgwli-every workout in Crossfit is scalable for what you body can handle at that moment-so if you are really interested in trying Crossfit out I'd recommend checking out any gyms in your area :) 

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »
DL, it's been a challenge to figure out what I can and cannot do due to injuries but the PT I had for the back really helped with everything.  I am "blessed" with scoliosis and one leg being longer than the other which gives me pain.  I'm restricted on movements, but there are things I can do instead - like crunches instead of sit ups (where it creates a bad arc in the spine).  Or I can do modified push ups and not stress the joins in the elbows so much instead of a full one.  I can't do lunges but can do squats - so we just go through and test things to see what's possible and what is not.

That probably is the hardest part of work outs for me.  I can't do them all (like burpees are a big fat NO still and may always be) but we can find alternatives that work well.  My husband is a work out junkie so we all just work together to figure it all out.

Planks are just starting to get back into my core training.  Might sound odd but it was on my no list for years due to the stress on my lower back/hips (which is what the scoliosis and leg length issue cause issues).  So I am lucky to finally have worked through the injury to even do a plank at all!  I feel so old sometimes LOL but there was no working around that until I slowly built up.

So yep, you can find ways to do things.  While you might not be able to do a full level of something, you can always modify or scale to do it all.  In our house we mix a little bit of a lot of ideas to get it all working.  I need to add in yoga for flexibility and relaxation.

I think everyone injuries or physical limitations aside can find some thing to do.  Even if it is going for walks every single day, something can be done!!!!

For me personally fortunately it isn't about a weight loss anymore, but it is about gaining strength I lost.  I want to be able to pick my 56 pound son up for a long time so this is the only way to keep up with it and him :)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline thenutritionpath

• Karen Coltun, CHC Weight Loss Coaching
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
Thanks David and Sherylbuys
I am now promoted to Manager! It is people like you who make the days exciting with your results.
I just came back from vacay and 5 people asked me about my ring
I show it off with my nails which are now healthy and long!!!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
Congratulations Karen!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »
Congrats, Karen!  Thanks so much for all of your help! 

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »
Congrats on the management position!

Diamondluvr, your workouts are nuts!!!  I am sure you are getting your money's worth!!!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
Congrats on the management position!

Diamondluvr, your workouts are nuts!!!  I am sure you are getting your money's worth!!!
Haha-GIAGirl, sometimes as I am training I wonder if the workouts are nuts or if I am for putting myself through them ;)

Seriously though- I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with their getting Healthy journey's?

The Holiday's are always a tough time to stay on track for me, with all the traveling and yummy food, it is so challenging to try and get all the exercise in and to keep eating right!  I feel like we did OK this year, but I am ready to get back into the full swing of things with exercise and eating well again :)  My goal for this month is to go to Crossfit 3x/week, Yoga/Pilates/Pure Barre 2x/week and to Ski at least 1x/week-I am hoping this gets me back on track!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
I have to get back on track too...I only gained two pounds but my pants aren't feeling as "roomy" as they were about a month ago and last week I had a dream that I was doing a whole bunch of adominal exercises in a room with loads of strangers...Ay dios mio!    :1087: