Author Topic: New Weight loss thread....  (Read 7263 times)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
New Weight loss thread....
« on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:19 PM »
Hi Guys!
Its been a bit over a week- so I'll finally put my tow in the water and share-
I started a diet called "Fit For Life"
It involves eating small meals five times a day.
Lots of water.
The food comes from them, in boxes, it's not nearly as bad as I imagined.
I've lost nine pounds in nine days.
Yipee!!

Anyway, any support is greatly appreciated.
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline cherrypie

Re: New Weight loss thread....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:03:57 AM »
Go D!  As someone who has had a life long battle with her weight I applaud you.  In my case, it doesn't help by having an underactive thyroid, for which I take medication for life.  I gave up on diets a long time ago and now just stick to three meals a day and have any treats at the weekend.  I also keep a food diary.  It works for me and I have more or less maintained a steady weight for the last couple of years. 

Carol   8)

Offline Reninga

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
Nice!!  I just did a 90 day challenge with my husbands Amway businesses new body key system and lost 22lbs :)

Keep up the great work!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »
Impressive start, D!

Offline greeneyedbass

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »
David, I've never heard of Fit For Life. Can you tell us a little bit about the program, and how you've been feeling along the way? As Trinkette noted, you have made an impressive start so I'd imagine that was a huge incentive to keep on the diet.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »
Congrats David!!  That is awesome!!!!!

Seriously if it is working keep at it.  To me the hardest part of losing weight was finding what worked for me - and what I could keep doing long term.  I had a lot of weight to lose though (85 pounds total) so that was a big thing to me.

For me it was the food journaling and drinking a lot of water too.  I think that last thing is important for anyone losing weight :)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
Thanks guys!!

The program involves eating packaged food - small meals every two hours.
There's little energy bars, sloppy joes, oatmeal, a dry cereal, even pancakes and syrup ( taste pretty good, but they're tiny) powdered eggs ( you can have a 3 egg portion of real eggs as your protein once a week)
Once a day you eat a "real meal"- called lean and green.
Salad and a small portion of lean meat, or tofu.
The portion size depends on which meat you choose.

You have to drink a LOT of water as well.
3 cups of coffee are allowed.
Believe it or not Half and half is way better than even skim milk when it comes to sugar content.
That's basically the goal- to radically reduce sugar intake- and also to get you to re-evaluate how you eat for the long run.
I tried to take a bike ride after the third day- from home to the office, it's about 14 miles.
Normally, I do it no problem, but it was a real effort for me to finish this time.
You have a health coach- who advised me to stick to a much more "timid ' exercise plan for the next month or so-

I wont lie- I do not love the packaged food- but since I am committed to loosing at least 30 pounds- the success I've enjoyed so far help to overcome that.

Yesterday I allowed myself one "cheat meal"- which was basically a salad, and steak with asparagus at one of my favorite gourmet restaurants- and one alcoholic drink - called an Apricot Fizz....YUMM- but basically alcohol is almost pure sugar in the system, and is not allowed on the diet.

If you need to loose weight, it's a good plan- what happens afterwards is, of course up to you and me.
Hopefully I'll learn a more healthy regimen.
David

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
Oh alcohol - the sweet nectar that I cut out while dieting too.  The good thing is when I drink now I need less of it to feel anything - so it's a cheaper dinner LOL

Seriously I bet you can find a way to make this work after too.  I might take notes as to what is in the foods and see what you can replace when you are "done"  

Eventually I bet your body will probably so used to eating a certain way that you will feel like crap if you deviate too much.  It sounds like a solid plan that can hopefully help you long term too.  Having that coach must be nice.  Mine was my husband - he's not alway polite ;)

Just think of this you said you wanted to lose at least 30 pounds?  You're 1/3 of the way there!  Just take it one step at a time and I know you will make it!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:25:15 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 12:32:47 AM »
Great start, D! 

I've always wanted to try a plan like Nutrisystem - but that's because it's the only one on a huge add campaign so I know its name.  So i'm interested in a little extra detail, too!

Seriously, tho, do excercise as feels good to you,  Just remember your body needs to adjust to your new 'fueling' schedule and foods.  Initially, you might feel a little lassitude at what was 'normal' a week ago.  Don't push too hard at first, your energy will come back.

I don't even want to know what's in an Apricot Fizz.  Any drink containing the words chambord,  apricot, or peach has got to be totally NOM and so bad for good intentions.  Good on you for enjoying only one!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline thenutritionpath

• Karen Coltun, CHC Weight Loss Coaching
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi everybody. I'd like to introduce myself.
 Not only did David make my beautiful yellow diamond engagement ring, making me HIS client,  but I am now also his Health Coach for the Take Shape for Life Program, making him MY client.
We both got a diamond in the rough!! :4: He's already shed 10 pounds in as many days, and is well on his way to his goal weight. It's all done by phone and email, and is tailored for any kind of condition including diabetes, thyroid issues, and normal weight loss and nutrition counseling. Anyone can reach their goals in a month or two, and will reprogram themselves to a lifetime of good nutrition and longtime health.
My ring looks lovely on my finger, and I am so pleased!!!

Up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky

Karen Coltun

Certified Health Coach-Take Shape for Life
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:11:47 AM by clgwli »

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 05:03:14 PM »
Still going strong on this end...
Karen has been a great help- it's a plus to have some sot of a "coach"

Nice side benefit- I checked my blood pressure- which has been high for more years than I can remember- I take a pill to keep it in check, but it is still always a bit high- today ot was normal for the first time I can remember!

Loss count is now 11 pounds!
David

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
:wav: 

'Way to go, D! Bet your blood pressure stays down, too, so long as you keep the weight off.  You're gonna have to buy new ski clothes.  A new wardrobe, a smaller car.  >:D
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:49:45 PM »
Loss count is now 11 pounds!

Hah! I loose hundreds of pounds every month - it's called paying a mortgage in the UK...

Kidding aside: congratulations. It's a pretty good pace.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »
Thanks guys....
OMC- I've actually dreamed of our lunch at Ruelman.....and cupcakes- and of course Pizza......at least I can eat that stuff in my dreams:)
David

Offline thenutritionpath

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »
 ;D
So proud to be your coach, and the lower blood pressure benefit for you brings joy to my heart.
I am really inspired by your stick with it attitude !

Congratulations - you are getting there.

:4: :4: :4: :4: :4: :4: :4: :4: :4:

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
David-I just read about your weight loss journey, sounds like you are doing great---keep up the good work!!! 
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
Thank you DL!!!

My net weight loss as of this morning was 18 pounds!
It does feel very good
David

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
 :yahoo:  Great job David...I too have been on a "losing streak"...I just lost 15lbs... :bliss:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »
Congrats to the both of you on the weight loss so far!!!!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
Hi everybody. I'd like to introduce myself.
 Not only did David make my beautiful yellow diamond engagement ring, making me HIS client,  but I am now also his Health Coach for the Take Shape for Life Program, making him MY client.

Karen Coltun
Certified Health Coach-Take Shape for Life

Thank you David for sharing Take Shape for Life, and thank you Karen for being an outstanding Coach!!!!!!!!!!!  I've lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks, and I only have to lose 9 more to make a goal I've had for the last 10 years!  Eating 6 meals a day (5 + 1) and having Karen't help when I eat out has been amazing.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  (I am planning on wearing a black bikini in Mexico in January!).

Offline thenutritionpath

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
 :4: :4: :4: :4:
Awesome Sherylbuys - and I love when we chat weekly we talk about David's diamonds!
Even though you are located far from me, we share that in common and it has brought us so much closer in our work together.
I love the fact that your daisy diamond earrings could be a perfect match for my engagement ring!

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
I am down 9 pounds and absolutely thrilled to have lost it this fast!  And I just noticed that when I go to the grocery store, the bill is a lot less.  Thank you, Karen!!!

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:25 AM »
Oops......lost another pound!  I am now down 10 pounds, and lost it in the right places.  :o)  I can't believe how easy it was.  Thank you David and Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 08:26:55 AM »
I am  down 13 pounds, and people are starting to notice that I look skinny in my "skinny jeans"!  THANK YOU SO MUCH David for giving me Karen's contact info.  She is a fabulous weight loss coach.  I love her positive attitude and her nutrition knowledge! :heart2:

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
        :rahrah:     Congrats sherylsbuys!   I'm also on the "weight" down road...I lost 10 lbs last year and 15lbs this year...I haven't seen these numbers in 10 years...so I'm pretty excited too!             :bliss: