Author Topic: Two Pink Pears  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Mikla

Two Pink Pears
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've been quiet for awhile, but . . . I bought the light pink pears awhile ago.  And am completely stuck on how to set them.  I originally wanted to set them beside my colorless marquise, but then ended up trading that in for the 2.01 Fancy Yellow Pear ring.  The next idea is to set them beside a colorless round with a halo around the whole thing.  I need advice!

These are the pears in case you haven't seen them yet:

Aren't they delicious?   >:D

Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline ah2bqat

Re: Two Pink Pears
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:38:37 PM »
I remember those pretties, Mikla.  Great catch!  I love their chubby shape.  Whatever did GIA determine them to be?

So you're thinking ring.  Do you have your eye on any round or particular size?
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »
Hi Mikla,

Congratulations! Lovely stones - I saw them in David's office a few weeks ago.

I like the idea of the round in the middle, but I would skip the halo; less is more in this case.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:13:56 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »
These pears are so pretty!  I had my eye on them as well...congratulations!  Love your idea for a round in the center...I understand OMC's advice and I usually go for a "less is more" look myself, but I think that a halo would help the pink color pop even more...Either way, the ring will look fantastic!!!             

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
I adore chubby pears and those are so beautiful!!!!

I am usually a less is more kind of person but I do like the idea of a halo actually.  Which again is odd for me because I usually don't lean that way...

I'll have to give some thought to see if I can think of anything else.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mikla

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »
I think if the round in the middle (or pear or oval or cushion) between is large enough, we don't need the halo.  But then the pink pears won't stand out as much.  I'm stuck because I obviously bought the pair because they are pink.
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »
I was actually thinking oval or cushion - more chubby but not round.  I don't know why I can see the flow on that better than a round.  I would have also suggested a chubby marquise too but I know you just traded yours in.

I still think a halo isn't a bad idea. I keep going back to look at this ring and this one to give me a mental image.

I love your pears though.  Did you notice on the front page rotation on the DBL site that your pink pear shows up in the one about the pears?  I couldn't resist leaving it out after seeing how cute and chubby they are.  It was the first pair that came to my mind when looking for a good chubby cutie.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com