Author Topic: Ideas for my replacement ring  (Read 2514 times)

Offline PaintedLady

Ideas for my replacement ring
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »
So if you didn't see my hello in the introductions my ER broke (diamond lost) and I'm shopping for a replacement.  I just need a place to track some ideas and "bookmark" my favorite rings so I can hopefully ask all my questions at once instead of calling the store 20 times.

Ok to start R5002 is one of my favorites but I wonder if it can be made with a larger center stone, possibly an oval but still with the round side stones and maintaine that solid diamond surface look?

Offline PaintedLady

Re: Ideas for my replacement ring
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »
Please please tell me there are more of the little pink heart diamonds laying around like the ones from R4346? Please? Two?

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
R4986 is lovely, ask for halo measurement.

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »
R3344
Where is my super awesome amazing pink diamond deal?! (If the pop ups worked on my ipad I would insert all kinds of funny jaw dropping smileys here cause seriously that's an amazing diamond)

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
R4901 on the list for sure

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
R5190 the cough drop diamond
Lol
David described it as lozenge shaped so that's how I'll identify it.  I'm thinking EW set with some of those little pink hearts as side stones....that is if there are some extras stashed around somewhere.
 Hmm I was thinking a white emerald or ascher with pink hearts would be adorable or a white pear with blue fluoresce ....I'm asking too much here ....

Online Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
So if you didn't see my hello in the introductions my ER broke (diamond lost) and I'm shopping for a replacement.  I just need a place to track some ideas and "bookmark" my favorite rings so I can hopefully ask all my questions at once instead of calling the store 20 times.

Ok to start R5002 is one of my favorites but I wonder if it can be made with a larger center stone, possibly an oval but still with the round side stones and maintaine that solid diamond surface look?

This is a very good question!
I love that ring as well- we are planning to make more- with colored diamond center stones
I'll post a candidate for a center soon....
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »
Hi PaintedLady!

Going through your posts one by one:

R5002: I was just saying to David (owner) that we needed to make another like this.  He had been thinking much the same!  So yes, we could do one like this again and change out the center stone to different sizes.  That ring was made by a fantastic factory who does amazing micro pave work!

I will ask about the hearts from R4346.  I know we had a parcel of them but not sure if all were used.  If not, I'm sure we can try to find more.

R4986: I will find out for you.  I am always pleasantly surprised with how much size halos add to rings.  Like a 1 point stone is about 1.5mm and that usually adds 3mm to a ring.  My double bezel adds about 3mm to the size of my stone as well.  Halos are nice like that ;)

I agree R3344 is a stunner and R4901 simply just ROCKS!!!  I saw quickly elsewhere I think that you wanted a hand shot.  I'll make sure it gets added to a list.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:48:45 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
Ah the man himself was posting while I was.  Hopefully he can answer more for you quickly too.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
Oh thank you so much, I appreciate it.  R5002 is one of my husband's favorites so far as well.  

Oh my, while I was posting it showed me there were replies!  I will try to be more coherent in my postings here instead of a running list as I was doing.  Wow I don't even know how to respond, I did not expect to receive a response to my shiny babble.  Thank you, customer service at its finest I must say. 

Online Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »
R4901 on the list for sure

I really love this one as well......we'll see about hand shots tomorrow.

I don't believe we have any of the little pink hearts left.....

But we did just get this one!

ITEM #: R5265
Heart Shape Diamond, Loose

CENTER STONE:
  WEIGHT: 0.59ct
  QUANTITY: 1
  SHAPE: Heart Shape
  COLOR: Faint Pink
  CLARITY: VS2
  MEASUREMENTS: 5.44 x 5.54 x 3.25 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 58.7%
  TABLE SIZE: 66.0%
  POLISH: G
  SYMMETRY: G
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 5151035333

Price: $4995
David

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
MINE!

Oh wait, I'm broke.  Or at least not rich enough for that stone at this time ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Online Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »
Oh thank you so much, I appreciate it.  R5002 is one of my husband's favorites so far as well.  

Oh my, while I was posting it showed me there were replies!  I will try to be more coherent in my postings here instead of a running list as I was doing.  Wow I don't even know how to respond, I did not expect to receive a response to my shiny babble.  Thank you, customer service at its finest I must say. 

Ummm- don't be silly.
We're all rather incoherent around here:)
Who needs coherent when you can have fun!!

I had meant to post in your other thread- I am so sorry about the loss of the ring head.....
David

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
Elaine....coin toss?!

David, thank you for your sympathy......and that freaking adorable heart!  What am I supposed to do with one little heart though?....hmmmm. Goes on maybe list, like maybe if I don't spend too much on main ring I can get this as a just cuz diamond? Maybe I can make a crazy design that uses one heart and that pink purple pear that's for sale?  Why do these things not pop out of the mines as perfect twins?

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »
Marquise Diamond: 1.38ct Marquise F/VS2 Long and Lean Beauty R4470

Added to list of diamonds I like

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »
Elaine....coin toss?!

David, thank you for your sympathy......and that freaking adorable heart!  What am I supposed to do with one little heart though?....hmmmm. Goes on maybe list, like maybe if I don't spend too much on main ring I can get this as a just cuz diamond? Maybe I can make a crazy design that uses one heart and that pink purple pear that's for sale?  Why do these things not pop out of the mines as perfect twins?
Actually I would have to say that one is all yours!   I love it, but I'm really done with spending.  I recently got a beautiful Fancy Light Blue radiant cut and set it in a ring.  Then I bought a nice watch and they've had some of the interchangeable watch bands on sale.  Yeah even at half off they aren't cheap ;) 

Seriously it is a beautiful stone though.  Make for a lovely right hand ring or something :D 

I have a son who loves pink and hearts so this would be right up his alley.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
The ring sounds amazing, are there pictures?  Might want to show your son the stone?  (I'm undecided)
I love rose gold so things like those pink hearts catch my eye.  A few years ago there was a ring on here that was made of rose gold or the prongs were at least but the stone was a colorless ascher and the stone looked pink due to the way it was set, it was very beautifully and artistically done.  I'm looking through the sold section now.

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
Ok I really love
SOLD.....Halo Ring- GIA1.68ct Oval Cut Fancy Light Pink-Brown Diamond Ring R1167
Maybe cross breed it with
SOLD.....Halo Diamond Ring: 1.25ct Asscher like Emerald Cut with a tinge of pink gold and diamonds R1468
To get an EW set white oval or emerald with rose gold prongs platinum shank maybe do the halo in pink, hmm maybe double halo white and pink?

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 07:29:44 AM »
My son is 5 and would want it because he's a sweetheart like that.  I just need to not buy jewelry for a while.  Especially since a computer is up next for my DH.  He's been in need of an upgrade for a while.

So I know as much as I love that heart it will belong to someone else.

As for the ring that I just had made, here it is http://coloreddiamond.info/show-off-your-jewels/feeling-a-baby-bit-bloo/msg139010/#msg139010

I love the pinkish asschers.  Here is another one we did http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/Asscher-diamond-ring-102ct-asscher-cut-jvvs2-gia-laser-inscribed-gorgeous-stone-r4020

I'd set the pink halo in rose gold as well as the stone with pink prongs if you ever did that though - just to add a bit more pink.  Or even colorless in rose gold looks lovely too http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-halo-ring-220ct-k-faint-brown-vs1-oval-shape-gia-split-shank-halo-r5198

I think ovals look absolutely beautiful set east-west.  A double halo would be so beautiful too. 
Elaine aka Squiggly