Author Topic: Broken Ring  (Read 2494 times)

Offline PaintedLady

Broken Ring
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:53:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm here to search for a new ring or have a ring made and hopefully cheer myself up in the process. 

You see I had a beautiful ring but last Tuesday the head/halo snapped clean off taking my diamond with it to who knows where.  I searched for it frantically for hours enlisting the help of many co workers.  The worst part is I had meetings in multiple buildings that day and since I work down town I just walked to and from.  I don't recall banging my hands so I'm unsure how it could have broken, I'm an applications developer so my work is not hazardous to my jewelry's health.

Umm that's all for now I suppose.

Offline Trinkette

Re: Broken Ring
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »
Oh NO!!! What a dreadful thing to happen. I am so sorry to read your story.  And, not knowing how it could have happened must add to your distress. :-\

The good news is, there are LOTS of gorgeous baubles on the DBL site to think about ... and always more just around the corner. Hopefully, there'll be a special one or two to cheer you up. After all, there's nothing more fun  and distracting than the process of shopping for a new ring, or cooking-up grand ideas for a new piece of jewelry. Hopefully, thinking about something new will help take the sting out of losing your diamond.

Still, I'm sorry for your lost diamond. 

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »
These were taken with iPhone camera a few years ago, we'll the broken one was taken today.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:31:24 PM by PaintedLady »

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Different light

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words Trinkette.   I do agree,  it will be most distractingly fun to shop for a shiny new ring.   
I definitely want something stronger and more substantial than my previous ring.  I don't want to have to go into mourning over another diamond ever again.  I'm seriously considering having a lil black diamond set inside my shank as a memorial......lol.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:26:57 AM »
Those pictures make me so sad :(  I am sorry that it happened to you.  I really would be heart broken as well if that happened to me.  I hope we can help you find a beautiful replacement though - and one that will be a bit more 'hefty' yet still be pretty.

I also wanted to wish you welcome, but I sure wish you were here for happier reasons.  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:16:22 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »
 :omg:   I'm so sorry for your loss!  What a crazy day you must have been having to not have felt it when it broke away...I hope that it was insured...yes?   

It was lovely...and yes, you will be amazingly distracted during this period of loss when you begin your search for a new ring.  And the good news is that DBL can make you a very strong and beautiful replacement when you are ready.  You will smile again...I promise you!   ;)   

Offline PaintedLady

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »
It was insured thank goodness.  So I'm going to start a thread in the "Ask about the rings we offer" section to keep track of the things I like, maybe ill even put some stuff DH likes in there too. Lol
I've found a few pieces (ok a  LOT of pieces) I like but have to narrow them down or would like customizations so I need a place to track my ideas.  If that is not the right place to put that thread please let me know or one of the admins can move it.  Anyone reading this is welcome to comment or ignore.  :)

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse, Painted Lady.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  That must have been a horror show when you realized your ring had self destructed.  But you are among new friends of like proclivities.  We are happy to enable your every diamond thought, especially if you stay and play and return the favor.  >:D
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!