Author Topic: If I can't, you can't......  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
Re: If I can't, you can't......
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:30 PM »
Mmmmm pizza.... I'm dying for a good slice or two myself.

Seriously that was a fantastic point and made me laugh!
Squiggly

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
Amusing, yes. Accurate, who knows. Regardless, it makes an excellent point.  ;)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »
He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »
heheheh

They should make this guy ride a bike to city hall every day- in the snow and rain.
He's totally against cars in NYC, of course, other than his own.......
David

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »

Now, now! D, you and Mikie play nice.  :-*

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
I will if he'll stop letting developers destroy NYC.

For those who've never seen Greenwich Village- GET THERE QUICKLY IT SEE IT BEFORE NYU FINISHES DESTROYING IT- with good ol' Mike's blessing.
He's run roughshod over community boards, zoning boards, you name it

You could make a case that progress demands this type of change ( he does) but it seems to me that other great cities of the world find a way to maintain character, while allowing growth
I remember how in London- you have to maintain an building's faced if it's on old one- put up the new one behind it basically.

On the West side of Manhattan, Bloomschmuck ( you don't think he reads this do you?) allowed- encouraged- promoted development of a large parcel of land that was an old rail yard- just next to the West Side Highway between 72 down to about 63rd st.
So now there's another 6 or 8 "Trump" buildings- all cookie cutter, no personality edifices lining this stretch.
I mean, it's true we had a desperate need for more buildings named Trump, but still ......

Seriously he championed this development with ZERO thought to how it impacts the community.
Now, you might have to send you kid from 65th street to timbucktoo to go to school.
How does a Mayor allow 10,000 apartments to be built and no additional schools to handle the nflux?
David

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
/rant

Sorry for being a bit "over passionate" about this.
I feel like NYC is one of my oldest friends.....
David

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
Money talks. Mikie aught to know. Sorry, D. FWIW, I do agree with you on this one.  :-\

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
Money talks. Mikie aught to know. Sorry, D. FWIW, I do agree with you on this one.  :-\
You know what? Knowing you do agree makes me feel a lot better-

Thanks Trink
David

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:12 AM »
I'm a NYC teacher, I could rant about Bloombito all day, ESP at happy hour!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 07:31:17 AM »

For those who've never seen Greenwich Village- GET THERE QUICKLY IT SEE IT BEFORE NYU FINISHES DESTROYING IT- with good ol' Mike's blessing.

You could make a case that progress demands this type of change ( he does) but it seems to me that other great cities of the world find a way to maintain character, while allowing growth
I remember how in London- you have to maintain an building's faced if it's on old one- put up the new one behind it basically.

On the West side of Manhattan, Bloomschmuck ( you don't think he reads this do you?) allowed- encouraged- promoted development of a large parcel of land that was an old rail yard- just next to the West Side Highway between 72 down to about 63rd st.
So now there's another 6 or 8 "Trump" buildings- all cookie cutter, no personality edifices lining this stretch.
I mean, it's true we had a desperate need for more buildings named Trump, but still ......

Seriously he championed this development with ZERO thought to how it impacts the community.
Now, you might have to send you kid from 65th street to timbucktoo to go to school.
How does a Mayor allow 10,000 apartments to be built and no additional schools to handle the nflux?

Like a red rag to a bull, right there...  ;D

Would you believe, he's trying to interfere in the running of Scotland now?  In the actual Court of Session, challenging the decisions of OUR democratically elected government?  So that we too can have buildings by Trump. It is both my privilege and pleasure to work for the legal service whose job it is to defeat this.

My biggest NY development sadness was when I heard Coney Island got a makeover. I don't live there, so of course I don't know whether that was a good thing for the people who do, but as a visitor, with some very fond childhood memories of the place, I was sad to hear it.
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 08:32:01 PM »
Is Bloomberg a Mayor? Or a Dictator? Seriously, this guy gets pissed that he can't get a 4th slice of pizza, yet he wants to limit the size of someone's soda? Vote the bum out........
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 08:07:54 AM »

Like a red rag to a bull, right there...  ;D

Would you believe, he's trying to interfere in the running of Scotland now?  In the actual Court of Session, challenging the decisions of OUR democratically elected government?  So that we too can have buildings by Trump. It is both my privilege and pleasure to work for the legal service whose job it is to defeat this.

My biggest NY development sadness was when I heard Coney Island got a makeover. I don't live there, so of course I don't know whether that was a good thing for the people who do, but as a visitor, with some very fond childhood memories of the place, I was sad to hear it.
I admit hearing about this kind of stuff really makes me sad & mad.

Even though I didn't like Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, something she said really would fit "Progress for progress's sake must be discourage" Sometimes changing things for the pure sake of saying you did isn't always the best thing.

Other than the whole super size drink thing, I only hear of snippets about him from friends who live in NY - and those snippets are never good.
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »
Is Bloomberg a Mayor? Or a Dictator? Seriously, this guy gets pissed that he can't get a 4th slice of pizza, yet he wants to limit the size of someone's soda? Vote the bum out........

Yet another thing....
In 2001 Bloomhole got a law passed so that the NYC mayor could only serve two terms (Giuliani was ending his second term)

What do you think he did before the end of his second term.
Yup, rammed through a law nullifying the law he'd gotten passsed 8 years earlier...ARGHH!!
But no worries, he's OUTTA HERE!!!
David

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »
I didn't know the two-year law had been scuttled. I wondered how he'd managed to stick around for so long!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:04 AM »
Hey, D! Now's your chance ... you can replace him with underwear internet star Anthony Weiner!  :devildance: Bruwhahahahaha!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »
I believe Miranda Kerr is also available, since she hasn't renewed her contract with Victoria's Secret.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:54:31 AM »
Choices, choices. So MANY choices!  ;)

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
I believe Miranda Kerr is also available, since she hasn't renewed her contract with Victoria's Secret.
Tell that to Orlando Bloom

Oh wait... that's not what you meant....
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Hey, D! Now's your chance ... you can replace him with underwear internet star Anthony Weiner!  :devildance: Bruwhahahahaha!

I hate to say this-but he might be the best choice.
If you look at what has gone on in NYC politics over the past ten years it looks suspiciously like anyone who's been tough on certain sectors get's their dirty underwear hung out to dry.
I mean, we lost a governor because he used a prostitute.
I'm sure no other politician has ever done that before ::)
David

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
I hear Weiner is counting on Boehner to get him in............. ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:44:06 PM by saqsay1 »
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."