Author Topic: HELP! Book Needs CDIer GOOD VIBES!  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Sanchica27

Re: HELP! Book Needs CDIer GOOD VIBES!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
Awesome!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 07:34:20 AM »
Wonderful news Trinkette!  Although I can't say that I love to be kept in suspense...I hate surprises...but I do love a good page turner.  I haven't read a "Who-done-it" book in a long time...so I'm really looking forward to your series!  ;)   

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »
Way to go, T!!!  We are soooo proud of you!    

Will you tell us your nom de plume or titles as they are published?  I would love to get a copy of them, when available. I lurve a good murder mystery.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:02:53 AM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
Su-WEEET!!!!

I'm so honored to be able to say I know you Trink!!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
Thanks guys. Needless to say, I'm humbled and very excited about this new chapter in my life (bad pun, I know). I'll be able to divulge more as the process moves along.

We ended-up showing the jewelry proposal to just two editors, and then decided to "save it for later" after both editors said despite the fact that they loved the writing and characters, the premise of "jewelry" was all wrong for today's slow economy. ::) It was good to know, however, that one editor liked it enough to push the proposal up to the next level; it was there that the jewelry premise reared its ugly head and killed the deal.

And although it's ready to go, we never pitched the chicken proposal at all. About the time I finished the chicken proposal, my agent floated another idea past his two fav editors and they both were eager to see a proposal and manuscript ASAP. So I shelved the chicken book and went right to work. And I'm learning ... it took me just weeks to accomplish what had taken me a year to do the first time around and nearly half a year the second time around. And it was worth it;the third series is the one that sold.

Anyway, I do plan to pitch the jewelry book again, I'm hoping that after I'm published it will be easier to sell the concept, regardless of the economy. Also we'll have a run at the chicken book too it's my favorite. And, of course, now that my fiction-writer-pants are on fire, I've got two more proposals waiting in the wings (and already, one premise has a thumbs-up from editors) ...  >:D

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »
This is great news Trinkette . I am so excited for you. Also, more than a little jealous as I have a partial written romance novel that I never finished......
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
Finish it saqsay1!  :Banane13:

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »
CONGRATS Trink!
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »
I AM SO PSYCHED FOR YOU TRINK!!!!....and proud too.  Congratulations Sweetcheeks! I am so glad to hear your hard work is finally paying off.  Oh man.....this is so exciting.

I know I haven't been around lately...but I promise to update you soon. Some minor set backs with my health but nothing serious. I'm good.  Heck, when I think back to a year ago and how I was circling the drain...this is nuthin'.  I'll be back to bug you soon.

Big cyber hugs.
djm  
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:19:08 AM by djm195 »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 07:58:54 AM »
djm, you are so funny..."circling the drain" ???  Who says things like that, especially when they are going through serious health issues.  Cyber Hugs to you man...!!!    :-*       

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »
Cyber hugs right back at ya, DJM!   :chestbump: :fish:

Thinking of you every day. I'm sending you mountains of <HEALTHY VIBES> so you can get back in front of the keyboard ASAP to once again dish out your customary pile of puerile trashtalk uh inspiring, erudite observations.  :-*

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 08:18:32 AM »
 :devildance:

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 06:07:18 AM »
:chestbump: :fish:

Thinking of you every day. I'm sending you mountains of <HEALTHY VIBES> so you can get back in front of the keyboard ASAP to once again dish out your customary pile of puerile trashtalk uh inspiring, erudite observations.  :-*

HAHAHA!  I am here to serve...lol.  ;)

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 09:19:06 AM »
And thanks for your kind words DJM. Feel better soon. :bunny7:

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »
 :alarm: WARNING! :alarm: BLATANT SELF PROMOTION!

It's been a LONG time coming, however, I thought I should at least bring some closure here. My first cozy mystery, ONE FOOT IN THE GROVE, will be released by Berkley Prime Crime on January 5, 2016. Today is the last day to sign-up on Goodreads to win a copy! Thanks everyone for your support.  :hello:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25361853-one-foot-in-the-grove

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
And thank you, David, for allowing me to post here.  :-*

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »
Almost on time for the third anniversary...

Best of luck with the sales, T. One copy will be winding its way to Switzerland, once it's available.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »
Thanks, OMC!  :Wave:

The chicken series was in the works when my agent called and suggested I write about olive oil ... he was SURE he could sell it. And if I didn't want the idea, he was going to give it to another author. >:( So, quickly, knowing very little about olive oil, I did some research and put together a proposal for a three-book, culinary cozy mystery series based on olive oil. And, instead of California where my agent suggested I set the story, I set everything in Georgia, where it turned out a small group of real-life farmers had just begun producing olive oil in the Southeastern US for the first-time ever  I based my premise on that. Then I sent my agent a series synopsis with detailed character and setting descriptions, individual synopses for the three books, a list of similar [successful] books and authors, my bio, and a 50-page sample. My agent submitted the proposal to his favorite editor on a Thursday and the next Tuesday I got the call that we had a deal! This was the same editor who'd pushed the jewelry series "upstairs," however, she didn't know it was me again. She still doesn't as far as I know!

Anyway, that was two years ago. ::) Since then, my publisher, Penguin, merged with Random House, they fired a ton of editors (mine kept her job), the editorial offices moved, and after submitting my manuscript, I heard NOTHING for more than 6 months (yes, there was a ginormous freak-out on my part  as far as I knew, no one read or remembered the manuscript).  ??? Oh, and the series morphed from "olive oil" to "olive grove," which I prefer.

Next step is a website, kellylanewrites.com, which is in the works. Of course, already I've spent way more to promote KELLY LANE than the little mass market book will ever earn. Still, I'm loving every minute.  :1087:

Offline greeneyedbass

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 06:41:52 AM »
Woo Hoo! Great news, and congratulations! I'll also be ordering up a copy.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »
And thank you, David, for allowing me to post here.  :-*
Back Atcha!!
The forum is SUPER privileged to have your presence Trink
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Trinkette