Author Topic: HELP! Book Needs CDIer GOOD VIBES!  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Trinkette

HELP! Book Needs CDIer GOOD VIBES!
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
Okay, some of you already know that I'm a writer by trade (sorry, that's why I blather on and on here). ::) And, a few of you know that I've been working on a book series.

It's fiction. It's fun. And, it IS about gems and jewelry.  >:D

I've been afraid to talk about it, fearing a "jinx" while my literary agent reviewed the proposal and sample manuscript. Happily, THAT part of the process is behind me; my agent loves the series! (He better, it was his idea in the first place, lol).

With that huge hurdle behind me, the series proposal is now with two editors at two different publishing houses. One editor was given an exclusive look at the proposal, but, unfortunately, she was out sick and then on vacation during the weeks (and extra weeks) of the exclusive period. So, last week, after an excruciating wait, my agent sent the package on to the second editor.

Now, the first editor is back and has moved the proposal along in-house and will present it early next week, ostensibly, to make a decision whether or not to purchase the series (I'm encouraged that the editor liked it enough to pass it along up the ladder, yet I know that is not enough for a sale). Moreover, I'm told that the second editor at the second publisher is likely to make a decision very quickly. So now, my agent says he expects to hear soon whether we have a sale or not. He also cautions me that its not about the writing, it is ALL about selling the concept and marketability.

*SIGH*

So, since I am a basket case about this as well as a firm believer in the power of energy and belief I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to share a little more information here, hoping that some positive thoughts and GOOD VIBES from all of you here will help move this along to a positive end.

Please, if I haven't driven you all crazy all these years with my excruciatingly long posts (okay, even if I HAVE driven you nuts), I'd really appreciate all the positive and good thoughts you can muster for me and this project. If it is a "go," this book series will be my first published fiction and I'm excited about the possibilities. And, it gives me a legitimate excuse to keep my hand in the wonderful world of diamonds!

Most importantly, if the series doesn't fly, the next one is about CHICKENS. Seriously. Chickens. I'm already working on the manuscript.  ::)

Please, please, help keep me out of the barnyard... let my creative juices continue to focus on DIAMONDS!!!  :devildance: :devildance: :devildance:

Any positive thoughts and energy you can spare would be greatly and humbly appreciated.  :-*

Thanks for your consideration... hopefully the positive energy will bring about a sale and happy *Sparkly* ending!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
Re: HELP! Book Needs CDIer GOOD VIBES!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were in the midst of a project like this.

I'm rushing out the door right now, but more later, and mostly - GOOD LUCK! All the positive thoughts and good vibes I can find are heading your way!
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Don't know if they are "good", but there's lots!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:10:46 PM by Diamondsbylauren »

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
T!!!! I am so excited for you.

This is so cool. I will not only send good vibes your way, I'll also send a few upstairs for you.

I am so proud of you. Many, many blessings T....you're gonna be fabulous...I can feel it.

Wow...I really love this.  :friends:

djm

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »
 :boobban:

Vibes!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »
Good luck Trinkette, and let us know when your book is published!

Carol   8)

Offline greeneyedbass

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:34 AM »
Sending many good vibes your way. If your posts on CDI are any indication of your professional writing, it's going to be a runaway hit. And if the series is anything like the Sue Grafton books, I'm gonna be delirious. You will autograph copies for your cyber family, no?

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 05:08:18 AM »
How fantastic that you have been able to parlay a hobby/interest into your work.  They say that to never work a day in your life, you must do what you love.  Sounds like you're there.  Sending you my positive thoughts and vibes.  Keep us posted!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
Mrs. M; OMC (now, those are BIG vibes, lol!); DJM; Sanchica; cherrypie; greeneyedbass; DAF THANK YOU, each of you, I am grateful for your kind words and thoughts. There's not a group in the world with better/stronger positive energy than you!  :D

I wouldn't have mentioned the project at all, however, moving it along has been such a debacle since the drop-off with editor #1 (an unusual and unfortunate set of events, agrees the agent) that I worry there's just not enough positive energy out there to keep the series moving forward. Sounds corny, I know, but at this point I'll take all the help I can get.  :bunny7:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »
Sending you loads and loads of good wishes and vibes!!  I will have my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Snowy

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
TONS of good wishes and good luck! Would love nothing more than to read your work!

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
The best of luck to you Trinkette!  I can't wait to read your series...lucky you for "having" to research jewelry/diamonds, and I know that you'll be doing your usual bang up job at it.  Since I've always been better off after reading your amazing posts...loaded with useful info...reading your fictional jewelry book will be lots of fun, I'm sure of it!

:vibes:     :-*     

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »
Thanks clgwli, Snowy and lovecolor. :-* I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well.

And, I'm preparing myself for bad news, or NO news as is often the case. If the first series proposal doesn't move forward soon, I'll be ready to move on; I spent the day drafting the first 10 pages of the chicken manuscript! lol.  :bunny7: >:D :bunny7:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »
No!!!  Don't move on!  I want diamonds more than chickens!!!

Seriously I would love to read the book.  Just make sure it gets in Kindle format for me please ;)

So in short sending loads more good vibes your way  :vibes:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:18:12 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
I'm lighting a candle fr you Trink.
If it's based on talent, charm and grace , you're a shoo in!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:43 PM »
DITTO.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
D and DJM, you two make me blush. :a08: Truly. I'm undeserving of your very kind words (but I do appreciate you both putting up with me all these years)!

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »
Wishing you lots of Luck!!!
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
Sending you lots of positive   :vibes:

BTW, I think the chickens manuscript will go great too, aswell as the first one,... I'm biased as I love both!!!

Off to pick up the new delivery of 25+ day old "frankenchicks"..... ;D

M

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
As much as I joked about the chickens, I would love to see that one too.  I have fond memories of my grandparents' farm and of course chickens were a part of them.

I'm actually quite intrigued by that one but of course I love diamonds as well.

I am sure wherever this all takes you, the result would be really good to read :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:20:08 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
Sorry I missed the original post Trinkette. I wish you the best of luck  :cross: and will send good vibes your way  :vibes:

May i ask you to tell us more about what it is about? Curious minds wanna know.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
OK, so it's been awhile. A LONG while. However, the wait and the work have finally paid-off. I accepted an offer from Berkley Publishing for a three-book mystery series. So, I'm off to plot and murder a few bad characters!  :boobban:

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
At least one of them should be guilty of stealing photos of jewellery...

Offline sherylsbuys

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
CONGRATS! I can't wait to read your books.  I love a good mystery!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »
Awesome news!!!
Elaine aka Squiggly