Author Topic: Boston  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Trinkette

Boston
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:39 PM »
I am so very sad and sick about the bombings at the Boston marathon. My heart goes out to the victims, their families, the athletes, first responders, spectators, medical and emergency staff and the citizens of Boston. Such senseless tragedy. I don't understand. It makes me heartsick. I hope all my CDI family is safe today. I know we have some runners here.

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
Re: Boston
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »
Perfectly said Trink.  My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy.  My mind cannot grasp why someone would do this. 
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:44:33 PM »
Thanks for posting this Trink.
I too feel deeply saddened.....
I pray for all the victims...

A big shout out to everyone reading this-as Trink said- hoping the entire CDi family is well.
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
My husband found out that a classmate of his was one of those who died in the blast.  I have a lot of friends who are runners and a few couldn't make this one - so sad that we're all saying "glad your injury kept you from running" or "glad that you couldn't make it" when normally we cheer them on completely.

All affected are most certainly in my prayers. 
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
That's horrible squig.....
David

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »
My husband found out that a classmate of his was one of those who died in the blast.

Oh no! What terrible, terrible news. I am so very, very sad and sorry to hear this. Such a painful story.

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 08:48:26 PM »
This is just disgusting, that's the only word I can think of.  The way human beings treat each other at times I simply cannot understand.  The only thing that I have noticed does come from these tragedies is that more often than not people show the best sides of themselves in the wake of it by supporting one another.  It's time to show our good sides through love and compassion, let people know that there isn't just hatred and ignorance in the world.

I don't mean to offend anyone if my statement seems harsh, I have a pretty strong feelings when it comes to terrorism.  I still get all misty eyed when I see anything for 9/11.
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »
Not offensive at all Sanchica!  I totally get what you are saying!

I feel bad for DH and his classmates.  A few are very much in shock.  They've actually lost about 10 other classmates too in the last year or so - some to violence as well.  So tough in particular with victims are so young.
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »
This is just disgusting, that's the only word I can think of.  The way human beings treat each other at times I simply cannot understand.  The only thing that I have noticed does come from these tragedies is that more often than not people show the best sides of themselves in the wake of it by supporting one another.  It's time to show our good sides through love and compassion, let people know that there isn't just hatred and ignorance in the world.

I don't mean to offend anyone if my statement seems harsh, I have a pretty strong feelings when it comes to terrorism.  I still get all misty eyed when I see anything for 9/11.

So true S...I share your disgust.
Out of tragedy, we have to look to something positive- it's so important for all of us.

David

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »
Awww Mr. Rogers, I grew up with that man.
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
Friend of my DD was going to propose to his girlfriend at the finish line. She ran into it right before the bombing but family didn't know for hours if she was safe. Thankfully, she is okay...but our hearts are heavy for the victims of this terrible tragedy. So wrong and senseless.  Squig... :'(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:53:43 PM by djm195 »

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
I'm glad she is okay, DJM. That was too close though.

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
DJM I am so glad that she is okay! 

David that is my favorite quote of his.  It is wonderfully true!
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
I hope everyone is feeling better today......
David

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
 :love9:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »
I know T, better is a relative term......still, anything positive is good to focus on.
An apt "smiley" for sure......
David

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »
You know I had a grumpy day where I sat around waiting for a delivery that didn't come in until 5pm and then burned my hand cooking dinner.  After seeing photos of the Boston Marathon, it just made my heart break and my previously grumpy mood was made worse.

Then my little guy came up to me and gave me the most gentle hug and gentle kiss.  I smiled so big right then, and he said "Oh good, I wanted to make you happy and see you smile"

My heart breaks for those who were affected by the bombing, but I have to say the hug and kiss gave me a lift.  So I hope everyone else's heart gets lifted like mine was soon.
Squiggly

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »
Yes, fb held an truly ugly surprise in my news feed.....focus on the good things- like a mild burn to the hand which is surely going to feel better tomorrow!
David

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »
The news feeds all day were horrible.  I admit I was looking a lot on facebook as I was tracking that silly package of mine.

And now I have something really twisted to update.  My DH's classmate was in Boston and did indeed die on Monday and it was labeled as "sudden" (which is usually a clue with some sort of violence we've noticed) but he was apparently not one of the 3 who died at the race.  Someone is trying to bank off the marathon when something else happened.  How twisted is that?  Disgusts me that someone tried to do that :(
Squiggly

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »
Still sad.

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
It is sad - I don't mean to say otherwise.  I'm just disgusted at the lady who claimed it was a direct result of the bombing.  Sadly it seems she didn't make a mistake or implied something wrong either.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:59:51 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly