Author Topic: Snowstorm on the way!!!  (Read 1257 times)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Snowstorm on the way!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
We've just received 18 inches... in less than 24 hours. It's still snowing (lightly). And I'm going skiing!  :yahoo:

Kidding aside - good luck with transport, and be careful!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:55:24 PM »
Having a generator would be a godsend! Have your flashlights, shovels, blankets, water and snacks ready. Hope it won't be as severe as they predict.  :Wave:

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »
I just got back from the Grocery store...does spending $250 for snacks/food sound enough for 2 people?   :snicker:  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:08:45 PM by lovecolor »

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
Hang in there all in the NE!  I hope it won't be near as bad as feared in many areas.
Squiggly

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
DURN IT!  It has been predicted that my part of New Jersey is only going to get six to eight inches.  I love snow!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
It is interesting though, that you won't have to go far to see more of it.

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
Thinking of all who were hit with this storm.  I have quite a few friends who are w/o power and I do worry that they will be able to keep warm.  Stay safe all dealing with this lousy weather.
Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
We did okay this time!  The snow total was 13 inches...but no power outage this time!!!  :devildance:

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
Only six inches in Central New Jersey.  Our heater died last night at 7 PM.  Utility company initially said Sunday AM to come out to look at it, but they called about two hours ago to see if it was OK for them to come today.  The repairman just finished.  WE HAVE HEAT AGAIN.   It was the igniter.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 02:19:31 PM by DiamondsAreForever »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »
How is everyone? Some crazy weather in the US this week. Not too bad here, not much snow in our corner so far.

Hope everyone is safe and warm.
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
Our heater died last night at 7 PM.  Utility company initially said Sunday AM to come out to look at it, but they called about two hours ago to see if it was OK for them to come today.  The repairman just finished.  WE HAVE HEAT AGAIN.   It was the igniter.

That's too bad about your heat going out DAF...we had that happen to us two weeks ago when some wires inside our heater became loose and shut off the system.  Even one cold night is too too!   :tantrum: 

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
DAF, I am glad you got your heat fixed so quickly.  Why do they always break then you need them the most?

Our heater is amazingly efficient but they no longer make this style (pulse furnace) so if ours breaks we will have to get a new one.  We have some money set aside now at least so if we feel like we're on too much borrowed time we can replace it on our time and not in February when it's 2 degrees out or something.

Lovecolor I am glad you didn't lose power.  A good friend just got hers back today.  It gold really cold really quick :(  I am hopeful they can get everyone back up soon.  I imagine other states will be going in to help too.  I know we had loads of people here from as far as Texas, when we lost power for a week this past summer.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:22:09 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 01:22:51 AM »
I hope everyone has battened down the hatches and is staying warm and dry. My thoughts are with all of you on the eastern side, dealing with this storm.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »
It could have been worse.  We just put the comforter on top of out blanket and put on a sweater during the day and we were fine.  DF brought over a space heater from his business and I was complaining that it was too hot in the house!