Author Topic: Why you change prices so often?..  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Bazilita

Why you change prices so often?..
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »
Many times I noticed that you change the prices on your diamonds quite often..

Pre-history: I wanted to buy several times from you, but by the time I 'gathered resources' (within a couple of days, not months) I notice that the price for the item has changed. It was first with R1236, when it increased by 2k, then a few more times with loose diamonds which have now sold out, and finally just now - with R4603 (price increase by 4k). To be honest, the frequency of such cases makes me worried about sending any money to you..

How can I know that when I finally make my order there will be no call back from you saying 'you know, we have received your money, but the item you ordered now costs twice the price'?

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Why you change prices so often?..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
R4603 was just set into a ring hence the price increase - the cost of the setting.  

R1236 was relisted as a trade up special in early September with the same price as in the current listing.

The increase in cost that you might be seeing on listings is most likely due to the cost of the setting - not just a price increase like that in a loose stone. 

Hope that helped :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:05:01 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Bazilita

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
Hello clgwli,
 Thank you for the quick reply. I believe R1236 was priced at 12k, as I was considering it - and 14k is out of my budget, so I wouldn't even consider it unless.. unless it was originally priced below 14k :) but i'm not arguying)

Online Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
Yes, clgwi identified the issue with R4603.
It was listed at $4995- which is a great price for an Internally Flawless Fancy Light yellow cut as well as it is.
When we revised the listing late last night to show the ring we've made for it, we forgot to adjust the price to include the $4000 ring.

About R1236: That's a kind of wacky price at  $14350- t was a trade up , and can't be replaced for that money.

An interesting aspect of our business is that we actually own the diamonds on our site- as opposed to most of our competition which lists diamonds from a mass database, without ever buying one ( before it's sold)
In those cases, the prices are changed daily, as the market changes.
If we bought a diamond for $10k 3 years ago, and the current replacement is , say $13k, we sometimes have to change the price.
Our policy is that if someone calls immediately ( within a few days) after we have adjusted a price, we honor the old price.

As far as the last consideration you've voiced Bazilita: Our advice to consumers is to be SUPER careful choosing a company to do business with.
If an internet company did behave as you we concerned about- taking people's money, then changing the deal afterwards, they'd never be able to bury that.
I never tell people how to check us out- as it's important for people to find independent verification- but if we had people out there dissatisfied- especially due to something dishonest- it would show up.
Furthermore,  we abhor companies that behave in that manner.
I appreciate the need ask these questions and I'm sorry about the error on the ilsting today
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
I can attest to David standing by the prices he quotes even if he is taking a loss on it inadvertently.

Last year I order bezel set light yellow studs but instead of calling it that, I told him I wanted the stud version of a certain pair of dangles. My earrings were a lower price due to lower gold content.

When I received my order, I found a pair of the dangles instead of the studs. Wires were crossed in the translation but he still stood by the price he had given me for the earrings even the dangles were more expensive.

Lucky for him I had my heart set on studs.  :-*

Offline rio

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »
David's reputation is impeccable. Some years back I bought a diamond and the stone was lost, and David replaced the stone with a heavier weight.
You just need to know that David stands by his word period.

Rio

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
. To be honest, the frequency of such cases makes me worried about sending any money to you..

How can I know that when I finally make my order there will be no call back from you saying 'you know, we have received your money, but the item you ordered now costs twice the price'?

Hi Bazilta,

If you find an item on the DBL's website that fits your tastes and budget...there is no question that you should call David.  Have no worries...the price will not change afterward that phone call.  Not only is David an honest person...he is a caring and trustworthy businessman.  Prices might have gone up due to restocking pressures but David does not change the price of an item after you show interest and commit to it in a reasonable timeframe.  Please don't fear his integrity...we all keep coming back because it!