Author Topic: help me decide what to do  (Read 2225 times)

Offline shiba

help me decide what to do
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
Hi everyone!  :Wave:

I haven't been around very much lately but I do pop in to have a quick look every few weeks.  My time is being spent working on my Masters degree, not to mention my sparklie budget.   :1087:  Ha, actually I have been thinking about it for a long time and decided to apply.  Silly University, they let me in.  Actually, it has been really good. A little stressful getting a routine down with such a compressed schedule but I am really liking the program.  

So I still need to do something with my original e-ring stone.  Help me figure this out. Suggestions please!

The stone:
1.07ct RB probably K/L

bezeled pendant, white gold - kind of like this

Problem is that I want a rose gold with a top light brown/pinky diamond, like this, to match the earrings David already made me

Then I thought I could use it as a center to a funky cocktail ring but use coloured melee using this as inspiration.  But I am not quite feeling it.

The other thing I have wanted was a 5 stone ring.  Thinking of a trellis setting with graduated stones.  
Something like this

Or a 3 stone with pear sides

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:49:18 AM by clgwli »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: help me decide what to do
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
I admit the first is a lovely option but I get the feeling there are too many "buts" holding you back from doing that.  Same with the fun ring.  I just get the feeling you really aren't all that interested in something like it.

Personally I'd go for either the trellis ring or the three stone with pears.  I really love the look of both but might slightly favor the three stone with pears.    Though I fully admit I might change my mind on which one I like better in about 5 minutes ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »
Why don't you go for the "almost DBTY" look, but have a small pink halo around the stone, rather than just a metal bezel? A bit like this one (R4438), but not in a ring

Offline shiba

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!  I do like the halo style but -again with the but's *sigh*- it is more formal feeling to me.  The earrings are very simple so I think the halo might be too much for me to wear daily.  Oh, I am so indecisive.   ::)