Author Topic: Upcoming Visit to DBL  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Rexelle

Upcoming Visit to DBL
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
So far I have a loooooong wish list of ones to try on!
The five stone bands are HIGH up on the list tho'.....altho' I have a W-X stone put by too.
I do have a really decent budget to spend, so my list covers 4513, 4067, 4166, 2795, 3686, 3550, 4544 and 983. Whew......that's plenty, before I think about loose stones, or before D teases me with something new..........
Anyone have any requests for hand shots?
M
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:00:15 AM by clgwli »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Upcoming Visit to DBL
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
I love a lot of your picks.  R4067 stole my heart totally, but the rest are all really lovely.  I am not sure I would be able to pick.

I actually do have a request for you.  I'd love to see R3768 next to some Y-Z rings.  I'll get you some numbers that I think might work.  I just don't know how much I'd like a FLY ring next to my Y-Z so I want some thoughts on that.  It's not a rush as we are still waiting on confirmation that a promotion will go through.  If it doesn't, then I will wait longer for this.  I just love the idea of a 5 stone band and I like rings I will actually wear often.  I hope to have one that I can wear with Sunny or alone when going for more understated looks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:04:50 AM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »
I will be very happy to try on anything anyone would like!

And you need to give me my 'suggested pinks' list, please Squigs, and any other pink-lovers.... I don't believe I will actually become a convert to the 'pink side', but we can see.

FWIW, I am medium build, fair skinned, with a size 6 ring finger, so my hands are not small, but my fingers are fairly long.

I'm trying to get organized to be in NYC in September,............YAY!!

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
Thanks Michelle!  It really is more of how do the two stone colors look next to each other.  I think it *should* be fine, but a little wary.  You already have some Y-Z stones on your list so comparing R3768 with R2795 or R4544 would be just fine.  I know not all Y-Zs are the same and mine seems strong compared to some by my eye, and especially now in the bezel setting.

For giggles if you like putting the band next to R3947 to get a style feel, that would be nice too.  Obviously not a color match on that one.

Pinks... hmm... let me work on that. 

Personally I think pinks look great on fair skinned people but let me pull my favorites.  I'm short with little hands (size 4ish left hand and 5 on the right with my biggest finger being about a 6 on all hands) so what I go for in style is usually smaller.

However no matter what you NEED to try R4105 and R1340 for sure.  The last is my absolute favorite ring of all time!  If I had a spare $66K floating around it would be mine.

Of course I'd kill for 4464 too

But let me look through non-dream rings and show you what I like the look of and think are worth looking at :)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »
I've deliberately tried to list on MY list only 'viable rings', that I KNOW I could come home with.........otherwise R4397, and R2269 would head up my list! Sigh..........these two beauties are just NOT in the budget anytime soon. The money-tree has other bills to pay, before the bling-fund is replenished.
But I will be happy to try them on for other diamond-lovers-noms!!

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »
I hear you on realistic rings and dream rings.  I am pretty sure you can't step foot in the office w/o being shown R2269 or R4397!

The one ring I fell in love with was a purple pink diamond ring - R3858

This pink-purple is lovely too R4129

If I had two kids, I would be all over R3888

Another pink & blue I liked R3478

This one absolutely pulls me in since it is a chameleon R4242

A bit costly but this one R1342

And switching gears on you, check out more blue R3283

So I threw blues in too yeah, but I couldn't resist.  My favorite "affordable" pink has been sold and I of course bought my other favorite LOL  You may not love, but they are worth looking at.  The sparkle out of a pink is just different and beautiful.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
I am actually up to FOUR children - two much olders girls with the 'practise run', and then the two new behbehs with the 'semi-upgrade', and that's not counting my stepchild - mine, his and ours total FIVE. I must need my head testing.
So,.... technically, I am buying the baby ring for having my two boys, but a five stone would not be inapropriate, either.
Blue is not out of the question......maybe out of the budget, LOL, but not completely and totally.

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 04:47:36 PM »
I think you should stick with whatever speaks to you.  I have a pink diamond flower ring for my son.  Why?  He loves pink sparklies and said I needed a flower - because you give flowers to those you love.  He was 3 when he said that to me so how can I argue with that?  I felt odd picking pink at first but it fits and forever I will remember him saying how I needed a pink flower.

Of course he wanted the pink and yellow flower ring, which wasn't happening LOL

I think anything you like should be appropriate and of course a 5 would work.  Did I miss this 5 stone being on your list? R4166

If I were going to buy a big 5 stone to wear alone at all times I would so pick that one and I'm not a huge oval fan normally.

One thing for sure, try every style on.  Much like wedding dresses what you like in a photo may or may not work on your hand.  I love 3 stones but I didn't find one that worked right on my hand. 

Which probably means I should find a 5 stone band to try on myself maybe in a princess cut to see if I like it in person on my hand before I send you off to look at that one for me. That one really makes my heart sing though...
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Yes, E, R4166 really 'speaks' to me!! It is certainly "up there" with my absolute favorites!

Background - When I initially came to the USA from London, my immigration status meant that I could not work for FIVE YEARS,.........so, I ended up 'volunteering' allot. Luckily for me, one of the places I got to 'volunteer' was at a local family run and owned jewelry store that specialized in antique and estate jewelry,.........hence my love of the OECs and OMCs, and slightly less 'pure white' stones. Those were fun days! ;D

Now, I love the yellow diamonds just as much as the older cuts, and in this "incarnation" (with semi-upgrade hubby), my taste in jewelry is still evolving.........and probably always will.

I need to take some tiny briolette sapphires to D too while I'm there in NYC.....ideas please on what I should do with them? They are all tiny, top-drilled, and in a soft palette of a rainbow of colors. I have close to 50+carats of them, each 3-5mm long.....

Where are you OMC? you always have brilliant ideas on jewelry design..........as do many of you other ladies !!! HELP!!!!!!

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:33 AM »
I think my tastes are forever evolving too, and honestly that's a great thing.  As I see more things and try more items on, I realize what I thought I would like isn't always what I do.  And things I didn't think I would like, I love.

As for those sapphires, I would make earrings or necklaces out of them.  Do a traditional Deco style with a delicate chain and every so often hand a sapphire.  Order it by color or intensity of color.  Maybe add a little pearl to the drop. 

I might also do a Y necklace with a bunch of sapphires clustered together to create the shape.

Earrings I would do either clear plastic wire or delicate chains with the sapphires hanging from each chain - maybe 2 or 3 per chain and all different lengths.  Those could be just a crazy cluster of any color/intensity of sapphire.  You could make it more simple with 3 different lengths and only 3 sapphires per earring too.

Lots of ideas.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Hmmm. The fact that they are only top-drilled makes things difficult. It means a LOT of labour to set them. How did you acquire them, if you don't mind me asking? And how elongated are the briolettes? 3-5 mm long, but how wide?

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
OMC! I was hoping you would stop by!!!!

I was lucky enough to be able to buy them directly from a very reputable colored stone dealer during my 'volunteering' times. They were in batches of 25 carats TW of mixed colors, and I think I bought three such 'parcels'. Another local jeweler bought some at the same time, and made some beautiful pieces, a lariat necklace and matching earrings that he won an award for amongst others. I need to take some pix tonight and upload them,....I've only been sitting on them, in a parcel in my safe for, oh, ....about the last seven or more years! ::)
I will endeavor to do some pictures tonight,.... it's been one of those days!

Any input is always appreciated!

Michelle

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »
Okay, reminder to self to try on the lovely Orange-brown cushion dangle earrings for Sheryl  while visiting DBL...... and to take pictures of the sapphire briolettes over the weekend!

M

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
Did you take photos of those sapphires?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:51:32 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
My three year old has hidden them  - I can only find one baggie! I will be tipping the house upsidedown tonight for them!!!!
BUT,... I did find a 2ct cushion lavender sapphire, loose, a quad set of RBC rubelites, a lovely set of rose cut top iolites, and a missing pair of earrings!
Between my Chocolate Siamese kitten, and the boys,.... things 'walk off' in my house!!!
I will post those pictures I hope tonight - I should be with David and Rob later this week!!

EEkkkkk! Any one else need hand shots?
I should have some time to play..... ;D

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
I should not laugh, but oh my goodness that sounds like my household!  My son and cats both move things.  I'd love to see what you have though.

I just have one ring I would like you to look at.  R3768 and then make sure it works right with either R3425 or R3947.  I think that might be coming home to me... if it works at least it will.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
So, my DBL visit has whizzzzzzed by, in the quckest of flashes, it was gone in a heartbeat! Or so it seemed to me! No sooner was I there, than it seemed I was on the plane headed home  :(
A quick lunch at the office with D, (there's obviously an awesome deli close by!), a trip to Chinatown to the Peking Duck house, bagels and muffins with hot coffee with Rob the next morning, and my gastronomic delights were over, and they were definately overshadowed by the sparklies and hobnobbing around the Diamond District with David!

I was good, and tried on plenty of PINK, so Squigs will be pleased to know I took her advice, but those girls just didn't 'speak' to me, or at least, not very loudly. I got to try out the camera, poorly, and watch David make it seem impossibly easy to take shots that I struggled with on just the most basic level!

I got to go visit while D selected stones, I toured the magnificent "Uber" shop, and spotted two new fabulous pieces in the works that I'm sure will eventually make their way to the site, but I need to let D unveil these when they are ready in all their glory!! Even the way I saw them, I know they will be gorgeous, and luckily out of my budget!!

I did not, hovever, get to make any final decisions on a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g...... I horribly procrastinated, and need to touch base with Rob/David soon to finalize something!!!! It will absolutely be yellow, tho!

More later,

Michelle