Author Topic: I am an engaged woman!  (Read 7211 times)

Offline brushystarling

I am an engaged woman!
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and welcoming gestures in CDi! Latinlegacy and I got engaged June 23 2012 in the comforts of my home and the permission of my parents.

I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have found a man who is loving, patient and always supportive of any and all of my endeavours. My latest endeavour was finding the perfect ring to celebrate our engagement and love and he sure was supportive of that too! ;)

Anyway! Here are the important details!

For about a year, Latinlegacy and I have been searching for the perfect place to get the engagement ring of my dreams. When we finally settled on David and DBL, I was elated to find that the Princess Di semi-mount (aka SO2436) was the perfect semi mount for me. In fact, it was such a favorite of mine that I am pretty sure I racked up on visit counts on its page alone!

Next stop, the stone. This was a sage unto itself. It was so difficult to narrow down the shape and stone size LL and I wanted. I think this one took the longest. After much debate, we both finally come to the conclusion that we were both loving...

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/three-stone-diamond-ring-lemoney-chocolate-pear-shape-diamond-ring (The R470 - Fancy Brownish Yellow 1.69ct Pear Shaped diamond)

Everything about it just appealed to our senses. The sparkle, the size.. just everything fell into place when I saw it. David graciously allowed us to purchase the center stone without having to buy the entire ring. For that, I am EVER grateful and a forever customer of DBL!

Many many weeks later, I finally have it on my finger and I now found some time to take my eyes off of it and snap some wonderful pictures!  :4: :4:

As for the total carat weight of this ring, I will leave to David to chime in since I have no clue and I don't think LL does either!

Offline brushystarling

Re: I am an engaged woman!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
And more photos!

**I can't decide whether or not I want to wear the pointed part up or down so I wear them both ways!!*

I am so embarrassed over the quality of my hand shots. I am such a photography buff but I can't seem to focus on my hands with a dslr or my micro four-thirds (probably too distracted with it on my finger, perhaps?)

Also, I have sausage hands. Slightly embarrassing to show these HOWEVER how can I not when I am wearing such a gorgeous ring? ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:04:38 PM by brushystarling »

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
Simply stunning! It looks made for your hand!

I wish you and your fiancÚ lots of love and joy throughout your engagement and many years of wedded bliss to come!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »
Holy smokes!!!  That seriously looks like a totally different diamond in a good way!

I love the setting for it.

I'm with you I can never decide how I like to wear pear shaped stones.  I know many wear it point up but I love how it looks point down too.  Btw you do not have sausage hands.  It truly looks stunning on your hand!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
Congratulations brushystarling!  I love what you did with that pretty pear...it's my favorite way to mount a pear cut diamond!  It looks so great on your hand...and please be careful when you're driving on the road while wearing it!   ;)    

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Simply stunning! It looks made for your hand!

I wish you and your fiancÚ lots of love and joy throughout your engagement and many years of wedded bliss to come!

Thanks so much dovesgate! My fiancÚ and I are just over the moon about finally taking the next step after eight years!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:42:52 PM by brushystarling »

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
Holy smokes!!!  That seriously looks like a totally different diamond in a good way!

I love the setting for it.

I'm with you I can never decide how I like to wear pear shaped stones.  I know many wear it point up but I love how it looks point down too.  Btw you do not have sausage hands.  It truly looks stunning on your hand!

I know what you mean! I saw the diamond initially as a picture that my fiancé took (he said that it was already too much I got to pick my ring and stone, I shouldn't be able to see the stone in the flesh as well), I wasn't sure what I would be getting. However, I trusted David and his wonderful team to create a ring I would love forever and he did!

If you had a good look at the first post and the picture, it has a gold basket which I think was a great idea, I am not sure I saw it on the original semi mount pictures on the DBL website. I love it with the gold basket, it just brings out the color in a different way. Also, in different light settings it sparkled differently.

This ring just sparkles, period. We went to a couple of jewelry stores to look at their engagement rings right after I got this ring and they zeroed in on the ring. It is millenniums more sparkly and beautiful than anything I saw in stores. The store associates asked how I could have gotten a ring like this and where. The fiancé was cheeky and said "how did I get it? I bought it?" then we walked out laughing!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:41:47 PM by brushystarling »

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »
Congratulations brushystarling!  I love what you did with that pretty pear...it's my favorite way to mount a pear cut diamond!  It looks so great on your hand...and please be careful when you're driving on the road while wearing it!   ;)    

Haha thank you very much for the lovely compliment!

They have written laws about distracted driving. Some of them include eating, putting on make up and entering data on your GPS. I think they may need to add "staring at really shiny diamond engagement ring" because it is just bouncing off light everywhere!

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:00:40 PM »
Some fire and flower pictures!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:38 AM »
I have to admit I love that last shot.  Your pear looks like it is smoldering.  I think those shots are the best honestly.  She's a beauty though and you are one lucky lady :)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 09:13:20 AM »
Oh, it is absolutely stunning! That's an incredible ring.

Congratulations on your engagement, may you enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.

Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »
Wow, what a gorgeous ring!  Congratulations on your engagement.

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
I have to admit I love that last shot.  Your pear looks like it is smoldering.  I think those shots are the best honestly.  She's a beauty though and you are one lucky lady :)

I always feel like it is when I wear it outdoors and indoors with indoor lighting. Can't miss it from a crowd!

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Oh, it is absolutely stunning! That's an incredible ring.

Congratulations on your engagement, may you enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.

Wow, what a gorgeous ring!  Congratulations on your engagement.

Thank you very much everyone! I love it. I can't stop staring! :)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
Congratulations Brushy!!!!

The photos look amazing.

May you wear the ring for many many years in excellent health and happiness.
I really enjoyed meeting your guy.

Here's the totals for your ring.
ITEM #: R4572
Platinum & 18Karat Yellow Gold Halo Semi-Mount with Diamond side stones

CENTER STONE:
  WEIGHT: 1.69ct
  SHAPE: Pear Shape
  COLOR: Fancy Brownish Yellow
  CLARITY: VS1
  MEASUREMENTS: 10.21 x 6.39 x 3.84 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 60.1%
  TABLE SIZE: 62%
  POLISH: G
  SYMMETRY: G
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 1102653163

SIDE STONES:
  TOTAL WEIGHT: 1.03cts
  QUANTITY: 12
  SHAPE: Round Brilliant
  COLOR: E-F
  CLARITY: VS

OTHER SIDE STONES:
  TOTAL WEIGHT: 0.36cts
  QUANTITY: 24

MOUNTING:
  Platinum & 18Karat Yellow Gold Halo
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:39:52 PM by Diamondsbylauren »
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »
Congratulations Brushy!!!!

The photos look amazing.

May you wear the ring for many many years in excellent health and happiness.
I really enjoyed meeting your guy.

Here's the totals for your ring.
ITEM #: R4572
Platinum & 18Karat Yellow Gold Halo Semi-Mount with Diamond side stones

CENTER STONE:
  WEIGHT: 1.69ct
  SHAPE: Pear Shape
  COLOR: Fancy Brownish Yellow
  CLARITY: VS1
  MEASUREMENTS: 10.21 x 6.39 x 3.84 mm
  TOTAL DEPTH: 60.1%
  TABLE SIZE: 62%
  POLISH: G
  SYMMETRY: G
  FLUORESCENCE: NONE
  GIA REPORT #: 1102653163

SIDE STONES:
  TOTAL WEIGHT: 1.03cts
  QUANTITY: 12

OTHER SIDE STONES:
  TOTAL WEIGHT: 0.36cts
  QUANTITY: 24

MOUNTING:
  Platinum & 18Karat Yellow Gold Halo

I am very picky with my pictures so it is a great compliment if you liked them!

Thanks for the total! Time to add myself in the owner's list!

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
Congratulations to you and your LL,  Brushystarling!  wishing you joy and health and happiness for many years to come.

Killer ring!  And you wear it very well, indeed.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
I just realized I got so gob smacked by this ring that I totally forgot to say "congratulations!"  I am so very happy for you both :)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »
Congratulations to you and your LL,  Brushystarling!  wishing you joy and health and happiness for many years to come.

Killer ring!  And you wear it very well, indeed.

Thank you very much! I love it so much, all thanks to David and the team!

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »
I just realized I got so gob smacked by this ring that I totally forgot to say "congratulations!"  I am so very happy for you both :)

Sometimes I do the same thing on other forums too because I just get so caught up with the ring's beauty and the pictures! So no worries :)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
Well, it only took me a month to realise that I haven't offered my congratulations yet... so here they are (I meant to post right after you posted your pictures, then forgot to). Nice centre stone, and beautiful photos!

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
Congratulations Brushy and LL!!
Wear your gorgeous ring in health and happiness!

Now,.... when is the wedding? We want to hear all about the wedding plans next !

Michelle

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:53 PM »

Now,.... when is the wedding? We want to hear all about the wedding plans next !

Michelle

The wedding isn't for a while. We are trying to coordinate two ceremonies in two countries so financially - it will be on the heavy side. ;P

Offline Rexelle

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »
Ok, you can't tease like that and not give us the goods - TWO ceremonies? TWO countries? As an ex-pat Event planner (now in the US permanently), amongst the other things I do, .... you gotta now put me out of my misery .............details please????  :)

Michelle

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 02:41:11 PM »

Michelle

The wedding isn't for a while. We are trying to coordinate two ceremonies in two countries so financially - it will be on the heavy side. ;P
Good luck! Two ceremonies would be so hard.  We thought about 2 seconds of doing that but then DH's family didn't seem to care one way or the other so we stuck to one.  Looking back, one was bad enough ;)  So I hope the two go smoothly for you.
Elaine aka Squiggly