Author Topic: We want your favorites!  (Read 6262 times)

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
We want your favorites!
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
I am sure most - if not all - of you have noticed that on the new DBL Home Page we have a neat slide show featuring gorgeous items.

What we all would love is to get your favorite items listed on the front page.  Every week I will add a new photo to the rotation.  Instead of it just being my choice, or David's choice, we would love to see what our wonderful CDI members would pick to post on the front page.

Every week a new item will be featured and will remain in the rotation for 5 weeks. 

In fact we do the same for YouTubes, so if you have a favorite YouTube please post it here as well.

I look forward to seeing what in stock items, you all would love to see featured :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:14:19 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
Re: We want your favorites!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Sparkleho

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
R4056

R4340

r3850
 r 3431

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »
Thank you both!  I will be working on these this week. 

Just so no one thinks I will be playing favorites with items, I will be going through each and finding the best photo for the front.  If there isn't a great photo, I will ask David to take a new one. 

Sparkleho, do you have a typo on r3850 by chance?  It's not coming up in search for me.

This week we are honoring the guys in the group by featuring two men's rings on the front page.  Next week will be our first CDI pick :)
Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
R3695
R3431
R3143

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Thank you dovesgate!

You guys are awesome for giving ideas.  I have four items that worked perfectly with photos we had.  I'll be working on the others too an then see if David can get a few more.

You all really have given some suggestions that I know I would have missed, which is exactly why we wanted your input!

So Mrs M, did you have some new picks for today? ;)

Seriously all thoughts are welcome truly.  I appreciate them all :)
Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
  NOOOOOOO someone might buy the one I love    :'(
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
  NOOOOOOO someone might buy the one I love    :'(
Then give your next favorites... or ones you like but maybe not for yourself personally ;)

Seriously I totally understand.  I am always afraid that a favorite of mine will go away before I have a chance to get it.

Thank you so much hprofitth!  I will be going through those tonight to see what will work right off the bat and maybe which I'll need more photos of.

You all have really have given me some great picks I never would have thought to single out myself. 
Squiggly

Offline hprofitth

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
You are very welcome. I am happy to help contribute  :)

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »
R4397
R4166
R4067
R4292

and last, but not least, R3753
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 01:15:26 AM »
R4404

On which I also call dibs - if it can be sized down to a 6.75.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »
R4432 please! I love it, and I think it's a cool design to showcase.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15:15 AM »
R3910 and R3550 are a couple of my favorites...are we able to chose rings that sold???  If so, I'd love R3857 to be showcased ... :)

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 07:16:39 AM »
We had a really bad ztorm blow through here last night and we have been without power since 5 pm last night. I will look into these when I can.

Sold items are welcomed but realize that if we do not have a workable photo I won't be able to use them which is why I suggested in stock.  I can at least request a new photo
Squiggly

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 11:29:59 AM »
Sorry to hear you're without power. I hope it's restored soon. We've had some crazy weather here too recently. Just far too much rain, really. We're soggy. Worse than usual, even for Scotland in summer - the East and West coast mainline rail routes from Scotland to the rest of the UK were both cut off yesterday. For a day or so there, we achieved Scottish independence.  ;)

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
Elaine, I'm sending you some spiritual power right now...hope it helps...    :vibes:           ;D   

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »
Thanks guys.  We moved over to my dad's .  I only brought my tablet with me but at least can get online easily. 

They say 5-7 days at the moment.  Hopefully we'll be restored tomorrow or Monday at the latest. 

We're watching the cats and the house is still relatively cool.  If it gets too hot we'll move them here.  Highs are in the 90s so not a good time to be w/o a/c
Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
            :freakout:    Five days...We had an outage this past Winter that lasted 5 days...I hope that doesn't happen to you.  Our house was freezing cold though...everywhere except for the refridgerator, that is... >:(   good luck!!!  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:35:12 PM by lovecolor »

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 02:41:52 PM »
When hurricane Ike blew through here 4 years ago we were w/o for 4 days.  IIRC it was September and like 70 the whole time so much more doable.  Though my son was a baby and I was about to lose my mind.  No one had power though so we had nothing really.

We are hoping it will only be 2 days for us since we are just outside the biggest city in my state.  I am sure the 7 days will be for the extended areas. 

At least I hope....
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 11:14:03 PM »
That's horrid!  Been through a few extended power outtages on Jekyll Island, in Georgia, eons ago.  I'd rather be cold than hot and damp, any day!

Best Luck, Squigs!   :cross:  Hoping for Monday!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »
I'm hoping for Weds.  We'll see.  I don't mind it if it is like fall and 70 all day every day.  This 90s+ stuff is not great.  The cats are doing fine though.  It cooled off with a storm so the house went down to low 70s again.
Squiggly

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
I totally forgot with the power outage and all to come back here and thank you all for the great choices.  I have quite a few more I can easily use.  You all really come up with great choices that I would easily overlook myself.

Also, for the record, we were w/o power for 4.5 days so we finally got it back late at night on the 3rd.  Just in time for me to have my bedroom available to watch the 4th of July fireworks from my bedroom window.

Thank you again!  Again if you have a favorite feel free to list.  Both youtubes as well as listings are all welcome :)
Squiggly

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
I'm loving R4397 but it looks like I'll have to wrestle ah2bqat for it. 8)

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 07:58:26 AM »
I'm loving R4397 but it looks like I'll have to wrestle ah2bqat for it. 8)
I was working on that one last night for the front page.  It was a bit of work, but I think I got it.  I would expect to see that one featured in 2 or 3 weeks since I just put that pretty brownish orange flower ring up yesterday.
Squiggly