Author Topic: Super Proud Owner!  (Read 12174 times)

Offline hprofitth

Super Proud Owner!
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and tell you that Dustin and I are the proud owners of R3979. We couldn't be happier with the piece.

When I first told Dustin that I wanted a yellow diamond he asked if that was a real thing. Out here in South Dakota there is not as much of a market for colors yet. When I first showed him, Dustin spent hours on the DBL website staring at diamonds he never even knew existed. He was astonished. I really enjoy that my diamond is so unique  and beautiful. Coming from an extended family that has background in diamonds I can say that I love the quality of mine. David has won our hearts and I am excited to work with him on the wedding band.

Offline lovecolor

Re: Super Proud Owner!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
Hi hprofitth,

WOW...AMAZING....GORGEOUS!  Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum...

Your ER is breathtaking...Congratulations...your's is one super fine ring anyone would be proud to own.  Now what style wedding ring are you planning???   BTW: if your hand isn't camera shy...I'd love to see a hand shot...whenever you're ready...   ;)   

Offline hprofitth

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
Here are some pictures.

No idea on the wedding band... I am open to suggestion!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
Oh wow- I'm so happy to have been  a part of this!!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Congratulations!  The ring looks fantastic on your hand and you both make for such an adorable couple :)

You have a few good options for a wedding band for yourself.  Do you like a fitted band or a small gap?  Matching diamond or plain?  Or something just totally different like a 5 stone band. 
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
    :icon_thumleft:   It looks beautiful on your hand...aren't yellow diamonds just so pretty!  Congratulations and Best wishes to you both!

Offline hprofitth

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
Well, I really havn't seen many rings like  mine with bands yet so it is hard for me to say. I was thinking a curved band? I wouldn't mind if it would sit flush either. What about a curved FLY band? I def have never seen anything like that before. I wonder if it would even look good.

Oh, and we have named her BIG PEEP   :)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
To me a FLY band would have to be done in yellow gold for the full effect.  Just something to think about.  David obviously can answer about all the good options for you.  When is the big day?  Also does your fiancÚ get a diamond band too? ;D

I have to say I love the name of your ring.  Very cute!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:39:47 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline hprofitth

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
Thank you Lovecolor!

I am now looking at R3739-

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-band-106ctw-y-z-natural-light-yellow-radiant-cut-diamonds-18k-2tone-gold-r3739

I think that might look nice, although am not sure how well they will sit together. I don't want the band to overpower Big Peep.

Oh, and D is getting a wedding band made from a meteorite. He loves anything to do with space so I am hoping he will really like that.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »
I'm late to this thread, but CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are such a cute couple, and your ring is just stunning. Looks wonderful on your hand.
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »
I love that diamond band myself.  In fact I am pondering one just like it someday for myself.  I wear a smaller ring though and I've wondered how they would look together.  I'm big on trying on things myself.  Even if it can't be the right color or even stone, just a generic similarity in size is good for me.  Kind of like when I was deciding on a square radiant or a rectangular, I only had princess diamonds and emerald cuts to try out.  Just looking for a shape at that time so it did help.  So if you can try on even a princess cut band of similar size it might help.

I adore the profile of that ring though.  It is so beautifully done!
Elaine aka Squiggly