Author Topic: How would you set this?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
How would you set this?
« on: June 08, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/yellow-cushion-cut-diamond-20ct-fancy-yellow-vs2-cushion-cut-perfect-square-r4669

I have been creating a wishlist if things I really want.  One is to have a wearable collection of cuts and colors.  On my list has been a princess cut or a very square cushion cut so that I could kite set it.

That's as far as I've gotten with this one.  I want it kite set and not bezeled.  Do I set it in a simple prong pendant or  ???  ???  ???

Looking for any other "or" you can think of kite set.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:19:06 AM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: How would you set this?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
Claw set with 4 white baguettes and 4 white rounds. Whether you do it in a pendant or a ring, up to you...

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »
Well you got me thinking for sure.  I admit I am not a fan of baguette halos much on modern cut stones.  Not sure how that sparked my next thought, but it did.

I wish I could draw but I really bad at it (I swear my 4yo draws better than I do), so I'll try to explain as it isn't terribly original.

Kite set cushion on the bottom in yellow gold prongs.  Just above it a high color baby sized stone - cut yet to be determined set in either white or rose gold.

Not sure about fixed or not with that.  I was just looking at some of the DBTY done with princess cuts and I loved how they looked, but I wanted something a bit more... but not too much so I could wear it nearly every day.

I think for sure a pendant - I am pretty sure I want my Sunny to be my only yellow diamond ring.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
I think you need something around it - 3mm x 3mm is not much. Other than that, you could get it with a small round above, or a pear, or a marquise or even a baton.

Or go crazy, and fit it at one end of (something like) this:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:47:46 PM by oldmancoyote »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
I already took my poorly cut 10 point RB and looked at the size.  I know it will appear larger than the 10 point RB though and I nearly bought a 3 point round brilliant with a delicate bezel as a necklace.  I guess being short lets me wear delicate things happily.

I do plan to put it on the diagonal so it will at least be 4mm top to bottom.  Not full out on the side like a RB but to me they don't look that much smaller when set that way

The idea is to take one of those baby antique cut cushions and set it on top of it.  I'll have to talk with David to see what is the easiest way to set this all since I am not picky.  I admit I've been trying to dream up ways to use one or so of those left over diamonds and this would be absolutely perfect for me.  Something I can wear on a daily basis if I want and yet won't be so big and yellow that it would take from my already loved yellow.

That stone you have there is stunning though.  I'd seriously love that bezel set with a large bail all on its own!
Elaine aka Squiggly