Author Topic: What I reviewed on iVouch  (Read 11035 times)

Offline dovesgate

What I reviewed on iVouch
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
I received an email from Mrs. Mitchell asking me to please leave a review on iVouch if I was happy with my purchase. I'm a little late responding to that but it is finally done.

This is what I wrote:

I first found Diamonds by Lauren when searching for information regarding Old Mine and Old European diamonds. What I found in their forum was a wealth of information regarding diamonds. I didn't know natural colored diamonds existed before I found the DBL website!

What completely sold me on DBL's customer service was when my husband purchased a .96ct J Old European cut diamond from eBay and sent it to GIA. When we received the GIA report showing a much lower color and chips on the girdle, I panicked and called David at DBL. He took the time to soothe my fears even though I wasn't yet a customer. Not many people would have done that.

When I decided I wanted to purchase a pair of colored diamond studs, David was the person I called. He gave me options and items to look at on his website. I showed them to my husband who informed me that was "too much" and went on eBay to try to find cheaper. It wasn't possible to find the same natural light yellow color and same size earrings for a better price than David and DBL offered me. The only ones who came close in size were the garish yellow of treated diamonds that didn't even have a real picture and came from a certain country known for ripping off unwary customers. After I proved to my husband that DBL was the better value, he said he would buy them for me for my Valentine's present.

I ordered my earrings on Valentine's Day. I knew there would be a few weeks wait involved since I was ordering stud versions of dangles on the DBL website and they had to be made. After about 2 weeks I received a call from David informing me that his wife had sent diamonds off to the factory before I had placed my order so I would be getting my earrings early. The next day (Friday) Robert called to arrange shipping to my workplace so I would get them on the following Monday, in time for me to go out of town with them.

When UPS showed up Monday, I ripped into the box to find my new treasures. When I opened the box, I got a surprise - I had been sent a pair of the dangles from the website. On one hand, I had had my heart set on a pair of natural light yellow bezel set studs. On the other hand, I had just been sent a much more expensive pair of earrings than I had paid for which was a bit surprising.

I immediately called Robert and explained that I had gotten the wrong earrings and that I needed to return them right away because I was going out of town for a few days. Within 5 minutes I had a shipping label to send them back. While I was out of town, David did call my cell but I was unable to return his call for a few days.

When I did speak to David, he apologized right off the bat. He acknowledged that it was my first purchase from DBL and wanted to make sure that there was no problem with the diamonds themselves. He then offered me a choice; he could refund my money or he could try to find another pair of light yellow diamonds to make into studs. I acknowledged my own part in the mix-up, that I had ordered these earrings by saying "I'd like earrings like R#### but I want them to be studs" so everyone but me was thinking R####. I also said that I would like more diamonds to be found if possible because not only was it my first DBL purchase but they were also my Valentines' present.

After about a week (I think), I received a phone call telling me that the diamonds had been sent to the factory to make my " Bezel Set Fancy Light Yellow Diamond" earrings. I think it was another 3 weeks or so to get the call that they were done and being shipped.

This set of earrings was everything I wanted. The perfectly matched diamonds are a beautiful light yellow full of sparkle. I had some doubts that they would be big enough for my first set of piercings but they are versatile in that they are large enough for my first set of piercings and small enough for my second set. They are definitely simple, sleek, and classic. I absolutely love them.

Even though I had to send the first set of earrings back, I would not hesitate to purchase from DBL again. At no time in this process was I made to feel that I was unworthy of David or Robert's time even though I was not spending very much money compared to others. I highly suspect that the price David gave me for my earrings was very nearly his cost for the first set of earrings made - but he kept to that price even though he wasn't making much, if any, money with the sale. I know entirely too many business people who would have changed the price on me after they had my money. Because of this, I will go back to DBL for future diamond purchases (and maybe even a custom setting!).

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
Re: What I reviewed on iVouch
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, Dovesgate. I love that you've described the whole process, because it lets new clients out there see that we keep working until everything is right and people are totally  happy with their purchase. Thank you!

Much appreciated!
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
Why yes, I am extremely long-winded!  ;D

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
but it was very helpful, and we appreciate it very much. That's the sort of thing I want to read when I'm researching a company to buy from - how do they handle it when things aren't perfect first time? To err is human and all that, it's what you do about it thereafter that I want to know about.  Thank you.  :)
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
but it was very helpful, and we appreciate it very much. That's the sort of thing I want to read when I'm researching a company to buy from - how do they handle it when things aren't perfect first time? To err is human and all that, it's what you do about it thereafter that I want to know about.  Thank you.  :)
I have to agree! 

Oh and if you want long winded, you're talking to the right person.  I have a tendency to talk/write a lot myself LOL
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com