Author Topic: Long Time Lurker  (Read 5207 times)

Offline brushystarling

Long Time Lurker
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
Hello Everyone!  :)

I've been a DBL fan and CDI lurker for so long now! I never had the courage to post anything because I felt like I had nothing to contribute :-[

Now that I am trying to shop around for a potential ER, I am just ecstatic to try to be an active member here! :) I haven't even bought anything yet but I am already addicted and need to keep checking the website. It's not a bad thing, right? Haha

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Long Time Lurker
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:03:57 AM »
Welcome, brushystarling!

You have yourself and your unique point of view to contribute and that's more than enough!

The forum is "worse" than the website at times: stuff often appears here before it appears there (and sometimes it appears there with a "sold" ticket), so stick around.

Congratulations in advance for your forthcoming engagement. If you feel like sharing, what ideas do you have for your ER?

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »
Welcome, brushystarling!

You have yourself and your unique point of view to contribute and that's more than enough!

The forum is "worse" than the website at times: stuff often appears here before it appears there (and sometimes it appears there with a "sold" ticket), so stick around.

Congratulations in advance for your forthcoming engagement. If you feel like sharing, what ideas do you have for your ER?

I would share but... I am as indecisive about EVERYTHING. The boyfriend thinks I switch up too much and I am unpredictable. What can I do? Everything is just so.. BEAUTIFUL. It is difficult to make a decision. I do need to start pinning down some sort of details though.

I have narrowed down three shapes and what colored diamond I want.

Cushion (Old Mine Brilliants make me weak in the knees
Pear
Radiants

And I am obssessed with yellow diamonds. I am like a magpie - I get distracted easily with the colors and shiny-ness of all of EVERYONE's jewelry.

I guess I should go start a new thread somewhere else about my thoughts on what I am trying to decide on but like I said, I am indecisive. :tard: :dontknow:

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:50:57 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you joined us and how exciting that you're on the hunt for your engagement ring!

How about combining the yellow diamond and the cushion shape with one of our signature cuts?
Here's one of my current favourites, as a starting point: ;)
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-antique-diamond-ring-145-dbl-branded-antique-cushion-diamond-in-uber-halo-r4068
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:23:22 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you joined us and how exciting that you're on the hunt for your engagement ring!

How about combining the yellow diamond and the cushion shape with one of our signature cuts?
Here's one of my current favourites, as a starting point: ;)
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-antique-diamond-ring-145-dbl-branded-antique-cushion-diamond-in-uber-halo-r4068

Oh I saw that and my eyes glazed over from the beauty. I am not sure why I like that ring so much. It must be chunky facets.  :love10: GAHH I can't decide, because if I decide on one thing - then I can't get another one.. for years. I guess I can live vicariously through everyone else. Haha >:D

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06:03 AM »
GAHH I can't decide, because if I decide on one thing - then I can't get another one.. for years.

That's not indecisiveness. That's evil budget out to get you. You need Trinkette's jewellery box technique.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »
Welcome to CDi!  Like you I sometimes have a hard time deciding what I want.  I think I need a money tree out back to help me just buy everything since I always seem to want it all ;)
Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »
Hi brushystarling,  it's always a good time to "come out" honey...and the only thing that is asked of you is a picture or two of your new ER when it is on your finger!  Congratulations and may your eyes always glaze over for eachother and feel weak in the knees together!  :-*

And by the way...the best way to handle not being able to make a decision about stones or colors to choose...is to firmly believe that one day, you will have one of everything you love, so it's just a little matter of time and patience.   :tard:           :1087:           :BangHead:       :faintthud:     

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Oldmancoyote - I agree that budget really does limit your choices but I believe I have a pretty generous budget due to my overly generous boyfriend  :laugh:

Squiggly - Thanks for the welcome!! And if we could grow a money tree that spouts out dollar bills, I would be in heaven too!!  :angel:

Lovecolor - thanks so much for the well wishes. I agree that  I wouldn't be able to get everything, and I will keep your advice in mind!! I need to start building up a wish list like everyone else :) because I will be back for more, for sure!  ;D >:D

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
Hi Brushy- thanks for coming out of the woodwork!!

You'll have some amazing help here- and of course make sure to remind me who you are when you call- CDi'ers get special treatment:)
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
Hi Brushy- thanks for coming out of the woodwork!!

You'll have some amazing help here- and of course make sure to remind me who you are when you call- CDi'ers get special treatment:)

I will take you up on that, David!  ;D :bliss:

Offline LatinLegacy

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:12:07 PM »
Hello everyone! I am Edwin, Brushystarling's boyfriend & future husband. With enough clashing & a few thousand hits on the DBL website, I believe we've finally decided on an engagement ring that works for the both of us.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/three-stone-diamond-ring-lemoney-chocolate-pear-shape-diamond-ring

Later on down the road, we will want to switch out the center stone to this setting if that will be possible. We're trying to gather that information now :)..

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-platinum-princess-halo-ring-custom-made-perfection-so2436

That will be the perfect ring for my wonderful girlfriend & a compliment to the beautiful person that she is. We'll just be taking care of a few things on my end before I go through with the purchase. I am looking forward to seeing such an amazing ring on her finger :).

-LatinLegacy

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
Hi LL, you are such a sweet and caring boyfriend/future husband...Congratulations and best wishes to you both !   I love that pear...it's nicely set now...but I'm with Brushy...that next setting is a "dream come true" for that pear and for me too!  I've been in love with that setting for a while now and plan on getting it, one fine day, too!  Please take lots of pictures of the ER when it's on Brushy's hand for all of us...this is so exciting!!!     ;)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
Welcome LatinLegacy!  You are such a sweet guy!  That pear is stunning!  The whole ring is lovely but I could see that pear also in the princess setting.

I wish you and Brushystarling all the happiness in the world :)
Squiggly

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »
@lovecolor and squiggly I have to say my boyfriend's been really patient with me, almost saint-like actually. I am hoping we can do the trade up on the setting later on or else it will be another 1000 hits on the DBL website for me!  :-\ :)

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
Great choice for a center stone/ER... and, I love your long-term plan! Congratulations to you both. Delighted to see you here.   :Dancing_biggrin:

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
Great choice for a center stone/ER... and, I love your long-term plan! Congratulations to you both. Delighted to see you here.   :Dancing_biggrin:

Thanks so much for the greetings and the future well wishes! I didn't even realize he signed up for CDi until a couple of days ago. Now I can't say anything without him knowing! ::)

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:57:31 PM »
[Thanks so much for the greetings and the future well wishes! I didn't even realize he signed up for CDi until a couple of days ago. Now I can't say anything without him knowing! ::)

:evil5:   Yeah...but at least he'll know what's on your wish list for future surprises! I think you got it "made in the shade"...so to speak...  ;) 

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
That's true huh?  ;D ;D ;D

Well he's very indulgent. I am sure he'll comply with my wish list. HAHA I will have lots of presents in the future and lots of :17: !

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 12:39:52 AM »
Welcome to the both of you. The ring and your planned upgrade are beautiful.

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:09 AM »
Welcome to the both of you. The ring and your planned upgrade are beautiful.

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
Hello everyone! I am Edwin, Brushystarling's boyfriend & future husband. With enough clashing & a few thousand hits on the DBL website, I believe we've finally decided on an engagement ring that works for the both of us.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/three-stone-diamond-ring-lemoney-chocolate-pear-shape-diamond-ring

Later on down the road, we will want to switch out the center stone to this setting if that will be possible. We're trying to gather that information now :)..

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-platinum-princess-halo-ring-custom-made-perfection-so2436

That will be the perfect ring for my wonderful girlfriend & a compliment to the beautiful person that she is. We'll just be taking care of a few things on my end before I go through with the purchase. I am looking forward to seeing such an amazing ring on her finger :).

-LatinLegacy

OK- this is romance folks- in person up close and real.
What alovely thing to be a part of- Welcome Edwin!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »

-LatinLegacy

Aw you've got me blushing here, David!  :)

Offline LatinLegacy

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »

-LatinLegacy

Thank you David for the warm welcome! Thank you to everyone else as well for all of your kind words. I am looking forward to working with you on what we talked about :). This is a very exciting time for me & the love of my life.

-LatinLegacy

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:44 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party but congrats on your engagement and finding the perfect center stone (and setting upgrade)!