Author Topic: Preliminary GIA report is in...  (Read 18363 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Preliminary GIA report is in...
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »
Not sure which I like best.   I was actually thinking of something along the lines of this one...

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-chrome-tourmaline-precision-cut-170ct-chrome-tourmaline-emerald-cut-stunning-r4182

But obviously replace the center stone with a round bezel that's either hexegonal in shape or a fishtail prong type head.  Add a little dainty bit of milligrain around the bezels and I think it would be stunning.
Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »
Squiggly, that's such a lovely ring. What about the milgrained hexagon shaped head with smaller EC baguettes so it looks like steps down from the center with a migrained bezel set around those two?

I absolutely adore the M colored OMC in the really delicate halo I keep running across and pausing to admire.  I think it is 2 CT though.

Oh and there is the hexagon shaped halo I think I have posted before that has baguettes forming the halo
With rounds where the halos meet though I think I might prefer the rounds to be triangles. If diamonds are even cut into melee size triangles. I don't think I have ever seen that though.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Oh I like the way you think with the baguettes.  I think that would be lovely too!

Then again pretty much all of these ideas I would love to have myself.  There are so many old style settings that are just to die for.
Squiggly

Offline firegypsy

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Looking at your latest pics on white paper, I don't see yellow, but I'm looking at a 2D photo on a hand me down laptop from my son).  You do have way too many choices!  The hardship we all glady bear knowing DBL!

Your hands have lovely pink undertones, so you could even consider setting your new stone in a pink diamond halo in 18kt pink.  Let the FUN begin!!!   :grouphugg:

agree one hundred percent.  but really, she's going to shine no matter WHAT you do!

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
She's LOVELY, dovesgate!  I'd treat her as 'white', too AND , BUT (Eeesh! I'm having trouble with the English language, and it's my first language!  Or really, my ONLY language)

Anyway, I love the idea of a pink halo, or a brownish-pink halo (David's are divine!)  REally nice cornflower blue sapphires are also a beautiful accent.  IMHO
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »
Anyway, I love the idea of a pink halo, or a brownish-pink halo (David's are divine!)  REally nice cornflower blue sapphires are also a beautiful accent.  IMHO

My husband really wanted me to pick a sapphire as my engagement ring or, barring that, have sapphires as side stones. I have seen a few different antique style rings that have small sapphire accents that I thought were really pretty. I just don't know if I would want that color every single day. Same with rose gold since I don't own any nor have I ever owned any. I really ought to find at least a plain band to wear to see if I like it.