Author Topic: Princess Goldie-rocks of Dyslexia  (Read 5821 times)

Offline Debangel

Princess Goldie-rocks of Dyslexia
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
So, Da Moose got the # of our street address backwards! So I BEGGED UPS and am now waiting for the driver to deliver to a local store so I can intercept her! Have manicure appointment and sturdy shears to rip open box :) Stay tuned!!

Offline lovecolor

Re: Princess Goldie-rocks of Dyslexia
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
   :1237387oyy519k20r:                At least you were able to "hijack" the UPS truck to the nearest Nail Salon...we'll be waiting anxiously with you...remember the pictures please!   :camera:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »
Here's a funny, just as soon as I opened this to reply, the doorbell rang dropping off a pacakge for - well I thought it was us.  My brother was sending my husband a birthday gift.

Anyway the name address etc was on the side and not the top like usual, so I opened it and saw like 20 kids learning books.... I was like WTF?????  Looked on the side and it was for my neighbor across the street.  I taped it back up, wrote a not of apology saying I was expecint an Amazon box too today and went to put it on their porch.  

Thank goodness the package from my brother was on their doorstep.  So I swapped.  I'll try to catch them later in person if I can.  Wasn't a very fair trade though.... my brother got my husband a really cool gift ;)

Of course I have been known to chase down the USP truck in the sleet when the darn driver didn't even ring the dang doorbell!!!  So I am glad you got to intercept it.

So I just thought that was funny that UPS had two mess ups today.  I hope you get your Goldie soon!  (and as a dyslexic I totally get swapping numbers around like that)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:16:06 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Debangel

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
All I'm gonna say at this point is, all hail Rob and DBL. I was 6" from the package for 43'minutes and the poor sainted driver, despite arguing with her supervisors for all that time, could not turn it over to me! High-value item, wrong addy, shipped not to me but to James! So Rob has fixed it by faxing the whole story to them, and now James gets to corner the driver tonight. LOL, waaah, etc ;)

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
All hail UPS too. It's good to know that they take security seriously. You are in perfectly good faith, but they cannot know.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »
 :patpat:  I must say Debangel, you are taking it all so very well...I'd be more like this...   :thewife:  :BangHead:  :violent4:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »
You are doing way better than I would be doing.  I am personally not a fan of UPS in my area (lots and lots of issues with them - look at today the lady put package full of nice electronics on the wrong doorstep) but at least you will be able to get your ring in spite of the mix up.

I'll be waiting to see it.  Did David or Rob send you any photos of the ring before it left?  I am so excited tos ee how this one turned out!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
What can I say, I'm impatient... came back looking for photos ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Debangel

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
OMG I love her!!  I tried to post earlier via my iPhone, but it said "server down" and never published :/

Goldie is soooo gorgeous! She looks more delicate than I worried she would, but is surprisingly heavy and sturdy for her size (kind of like her mama, LOL). The color of the center is amazing- imagine gold turned into a diamond, and there you have it! I haven't gotten to see it in bright sunlight yet, but when I got my manicure this evening and put my hands under the UV light, the stone turnd dandelion/marigold orange! I've never seen strong yellow flouresence in person before..too nifty!!

Oh, and I thought she would be made in all white gold, but the factory elves used their artistic license to give her yellow gold prongs instead, and it looks fantastic! The center faces up large to begin with, but the slender line of yellow gold adds even more to its presence.

Problem..how to take pictures!! I only have my iPhone camera now, and until I buy my birthday computer, naught but the iPad, either! (Yeah, I know, poor me!) Is anyone willing to trust me with thir email address, and I could mail an iPhone photo?

Squigs...I'm soooo glad you got your packages untangled! That could have been a very expensive boo-boo!

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »
Deb - feel free to mail things to me; address is on my profile.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:02 AM »
I am so glad she arrived!!!  I was worried that a last minute issue came up.  That would have sucked!  I can't wait to see photos.  Obviously you can always e-mail me too.  I'll be in and out today for the first part of the day so I may not be around as much to post.

I really am excited to see Goldie!  I'd love to see her under a UV light too!  That sounds absolutely aweome!  The gold prongs sound perfect too considering the color of the stone.

I ram so happy you have a beautiful ring that will suit your lifestyle wonderfully!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
Oh my, waaaaaay too much drama for a ring............ Okay, I'm lying. The suspense can be hard to bare. I've been there too. I know I had to wait several days till my last DBL ring came, because of work and such D had to time it just right. Thankfully my UPS guy always comes in the morning. I can't wait to see pics Deb.......... The suspense is killing ME.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
Aaand (drum roll) here it is...

Now, you don't think that's enough, do you? ;D

We want more!

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 12:16:04 PM »
OMG...Goldie is so pretty Debangel...amazing in that setting!  Wear her in good health!  But we do need more pictures please.  I'd love to see her profile as well as a close up shot!    :smileyparty: 

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
Wow. That is such nice contrast. Gorgeous.

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »
More, Please!!!!!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »
Gorgeous!!! I do agree, we need more!!!!!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
Bravo! but we still need more!
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Gorgeous!! And you have beautiful eyes too!

More pictures please!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »
It's STUNNING on your hand! Perfect, really. Oh, and that colour is wonderful.
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline PtyMom

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
I love it!
Now where are the REAL pictures, all 50 of them??  :happy1:
Have a nice day! :-)

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
I must say, we've all been patiently waiting for more pictures to be posted.  Sooooo, someone needs to get on it. 

Offline Debangel

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
I just got my new computer this afternoon!  And I have my one-on-one lesson on how to use the darn thing (I got my dream computer, a MacBook Air) tomorrow afternoon.  I promise I will post more pictures then!  I'm going from PC to Mac (yes, I drank the Kool-Aid, and it was delicious, thank you very much), and it's a bit of a learning curve ;)

This ring is just delicious.  A perfect mix of delicacy and strength.  (Like me...bwahahaha..)  I know the GIA report calls the center stone "Fancy Deep Brownish Yellow", but I swear I see green in it, and James agrees with me!  Kinda looks like the center of a daisy, where there's a bit of green mixed in with the yellow.  Could it be the strong yellow fluorescence?

Oh and Dove, thanks for the compliments on my eyes :)  They're actually sort of a brownish-greenish-yellow, too.  We Virgos do love to match ;)

Oh..does anyone have advice on THE easiest photo storage/upload service (is that the right word?  I mean as in Flickr, Photobucket, etc). For the moment I am restricted to photos taken with my iPhone or FaceTime, and I'd like to post the ring photos with whatever would work best with a Mac.

Boy am a I dummy with this stuff..good thing I'm cute ;-P

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 05:14:10 AM »

This ring is just delicious.  A perfect mix of delicacy and strength.  (Like me...bwahahaha..)  I know the GIA report calls the center stone "Fancy Deep Brownish Yellow", but I swear I see green in it, and James agrees with me!  Kinda looks like the center of a daisy, where there's a bit of green mixed in with the yellow.  Could it be the strong yellow fluorescence?

Might be some influence.  I would have thought, though, that blue fluorescence would give you the greenish cast.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »
Goldie is GORGEOUS!  Happy, happy, Debangel!  I hope she totally makes up for having to exchange Brownie.

Looking forward to more pix!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!