Author Topic: "Brown-out"?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Debangel

"Brown-out"?
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:31:45 PM »
So, you know when you look and you look and you look and then you finally think you've found The One, and you get together and it's wonderful? And then you spend some time, and things go wrong, and it's not you, or them, you're just Not Right For Each Other?

Oh don't worry..I didn't split up with James or anything like that! However, I have had to say goodbye to my beloved Brown, now known yet again as R3623. When I woke up Monday morning, which was *of course* the day before our huge moving day, to a third-floor apartment, without movers, in 90 degree weather..a stone was missing from the halo, yet again, for the second time in 2 weeks. I felt physically ill and called poor Rob (who now knows me as Debbie the crazed New Jerseyan from Colorado), who soothed my ruffled feathers and promised to have David fix the situation.

I *loved* that ring. And I'm not hard on my jewelry. However, I decided that a delicate micropave halo setting was probably not compatible with the lifestyle of a hardworking Sicilian nanny who likes to talk with her hands and is a lefty to boot. (You should see what I do to my watch crystals.) So, with many tears and more than a little nausea, I packed her up and prepared to pick out something else.

Except...we don't have much money, we just moved, and The Brown was a very reasonable (read: BARGAIN) to begin with. Enter St. David, who took pity on poor James, no doubt, since he knew I was probably soaking him with my sobs. He made it possible for us to have a whole new ring made that would be not only to my taste and budget, but hold up better to whatever it was I was putting the old one through! 

So I'm getting a HAL-1, and I'm so excited!! White gold, prong-set, milgrained, and..A YELLOW CENTER STONE! R3594. It reminds me of James, who has golden hair and always wears a bright gold T-shirt (Navy colors) to the gym. That, and I was getting tired of constantly staring and sighing at Squig's Sunny ;)

And of course, I had to name her, so without further ago..may I pre-introduce "Goldi-Rocks"! =)

Offline Sanchica27

Re: "Brown-out"?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:50:18 AM »
pics pics pics!
always saving up for my next piece!

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:25:34 AM »
Appropriately, the story tells of Goldi-Rocks and the Brown Bear (as in Bear market).

Piccies, please!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:29:41 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:15:47 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that your original ring wasn't a good fit for your lifestyle, I know you loved it dearly. Have to say though, Hal1 with a yellow centre is just about the most fantastic thing a girl could wish for!

I wear one on my right hand, and I swear, these rings are bomb proof! At the end of the world, when all that's left is crumbling ruins of civilisation, there will be a Hal1 sitting on top, all sparkly.  ;D

Wishing you happiness in your new home, too - you've had an exciting time!
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:07:16 AM »
Oh dear I am so sorry about the ring :(  It absolutely stinks you had to send her back, BUT I think you are getting a fantastic stone.  That one is so unique and so cool.  I know people will just love it. considering how much I get with my Sunny who is no where near as deep in color as that stone, I know people will stop you just to comment.  Having a stone with yellow fluor will be totally awesome.  I can only imagine how different this golden stone will look in different lighting.

The Hal1 is one I always considered getting myself before I went with double bezel, so I think you made a great choice!  I cannot wait to see this ring completed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:38:29 AM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline shiba

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
I too have a hal-1 setting, with a round brownie center.  I find it to be quite sturdy.  Can't wait to see a radiant in that setting!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »
Aside from begging for pics I also wanted to share my very positive experience with the Hal 1.  It has been my ER setting for over 5 years and I have never had a problem with any of the stones falling out.  I can say this knowing that I am not very gentle on my rings, I have managed to crack the bottom of the shank, but still no melee fell out.  Hal 1 is a beautiful classic ring and you will be very happy!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »
Oh Debangel,  i am so sorry you had problems WI brownie....but the new ring will look so
Great!  I love both the stone and the setting so much.  I plan on setting my champagne diamond with that semi mount...it is perfect!   PLEASE TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES of GOlDIE ROCKS!!

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you, Deb.  I mourn the loss of your beautiful brown with you, but...

You've put together a fabulous new beauty in Goldie-Rocks.  Can't wait to see the pix!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:16:24 PM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »
I love the name of the new diamond. :)

Offline PtyMom

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
Thatīs great to hear that youīre getting your yellow, I remember you posting a few times about how much you were craving a Sunny of your own :-)

Canīt wait to see Goldie-Rocks!
Have a nice day! :-)