Author Topic: Can you Visit Diamonds By Lauren  (Read 25542 times)

Offline flyingdiamonds

Can you Visit Diamonds By Lauren
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Lets just say you happen to be visiting NY and wanted to come by to pick out a diamond or two in person..... Can you visit DBL?    I personally love the light colored stones and the small stones in the .3 to .8 ct range - and maybe every small little stone doesn't make it to the website? 

Would love to know!

Offline saqsay1

Re: Can you Visit Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:57 AM »
As a matter of fact the CDI DBL members are planning a get together in NYC in October..... Look for the thread under forum chit chat. Welcome to the forum!!!!
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:45:08 AM »
On appointment, yes. I think David loves to have clients and friends around, but be prepared: it's not a retail shop, there is no counter or assistants, and David can get frantically busy doing 16 things at once. Get your own sandwiches, BTW; skipped lunches are the norm... ;D

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »
I was thinking for our group(s) visit a catered lunch with waiters and bartenders in tuxedos..... bummer  ;D
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline flyingdiamonds

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 08:52:20 AM »
Not to worry!  I am very low maintenance!  It would just be incredible just to see so many different diamonds - what a great learning experience.  
I will definitely be interested in coming to the get-together.... I will keep an eye out!  Thanks so much!

Offline jpup

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
I am going next month- so excited!!!! Although we have scheduled the date- David said to remind him a few days before my trip.

I might still like to come in October,too and meet everyone else!

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
should i put you on the maybe list jpup?

Offline jpup

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »
should i put you on the maybe list jpup?

Yes- that would be great!

Offline Piglette

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »
Mmmmm... I might (or might not) have a small confession to make.  I may, possibly, in theory, vaguely, more or less, kind of, have visited DBL yesterday while in NYC.  If I had visited (which is unlikely), then I would have done so by appointment.  But I probably didn't visit, nor did I find the visit fascinating, nor did I confirm my opinion that David is a charming raconteur.  I most certainly would not have peeked at a few rings and stones, generously offered for viewing by the charming, low-key David F. (OMG, the featured S-T ring is so YELLOW !!!!!). 

But, mostly, I probably would not have been at DBL, because if I had visited in person, I might have been compelled to discuss with David and Rob the final details of a sneaky little purchase.  That I most certainly, definitely, absolutely, and definitively DID NOT MAKE! (maybe)

Offline PtyMom

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
Sneaky Piglette.... I might or might not be a little jealous... please maybe give some more details of what might have hopped on your finger during the visit that never took place???
Have a nice day! :-)

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »
:woohoo:   I can't take surprises...and of course... :green:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:35:58 AM by lovecolor »

Offline Piglette

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
Well, if I had been to RockDiamond, I would have to admit to having seen quite a few items.  R3861 is gorgeous.  It's R2513 (I believe) that looks to me even yellow-er in person than it looks in photos.  Unmistakably yellow.  R3880 is darling -- if you can call a ring with a center stone of over two carats "darling" ! At least, I THINK that those are the specific rings that I didn't see.  It was rather a blur  (a lovely, sparkly, effervescent whirl of gold, platinum, and transparent carbon).

The two "side" diamonds that are lurking somewhere around here that are brown, but have a red-tinted appearance, do look a bit red (no surprise).  Can't immediately locate them on the website.  And, as we're on the subject of the fancier colors:  David has three pink/purple beauties that will make a very pretty, unusual ring!

But if I had, in fact, gone to 47th Street -- by way of the "D" train and besieged by hawkers who hoped that I was in the mood to sell scrap gold -- then I would have been there to see about sizing R4208 -- the center stone of which had been calling to me for weeks and weeks, back when it was vulnerable and alone, a mere and weak "loose diamond," in my imaginings, without the strength and reinforcement of those fabulous side bullets.  But, of course, I did not go to 47th Street (Rockefeller Center train stop). I did not look at diamonds.  I am expecting nothing via UPS at any time in the next week or so.  ...All of which I can demonstrate most conclusively, using the keyboard in front of me for purposes of explication...once I re-gain the use of my right-hand ring finger (which seems to be strangely numb, for reasons I cannot explain).

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »
You are one possibly lucky duck there Piglette.  That is if you had visited ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:03 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's beautiful...LOVE that Asscher!  Congrats...or not   ???   

Offline PtyMom

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:06 PM »
Wow! Iīm not green with envy because R4208 isnīt on a brown truck heading your way!!!! You are so NOT congratulated!
Have a nice day! :-)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »
Had you been to see David, and had you purchased R4208, you would be immensely congratulated. However, since you clearly didn't...

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
Well, if I had been to RockDiamond, I would have to admit to having seen quite a few items.  R3861 is gorgeous.  It's R2513 (I believe) that looks to me even yellow-er in person than it looks in photos.  Unmistakably yellow.  R3880 is darling -- if you can call a ring with a center stone of over two carats "darling" ! At least, I THINK that those are the specific rings that I didn't see.  It was rather a blur  (a lovely, sparkly, effervescent whirl of gold, platinum, and transparent carbon).

The two "side" diamonds that are lurking somewhere around here that are brown, but have a red-tinted appearance, do look a bit red (no surprise).  Can't immediately locate them on the website.  And, as we're on the subject of the fancier colors:  David has three pink/purple beauties that will make a very pretty, unusual ring!

But if I had, in fact, gone to 47th Street -- by way of the "D" train and besieged by hawkers who hoped that I was in the mood to sell scrap gold -- then I would have been there to see about sizing R4208 -- the center stone of which had been calling to me for weeks and weeks, back when it was vulnerable and alone, a mere and weak "loose diamond," in my imaginings, without the strength and reinforcement of those fabulous side bullets.  But, of course, I did not go to 47th Street (Rockefeller Center train stop). I did not look at diamonds.  I am expecting nothing via UPS at any time in the next week or so.  ...All of which I can demonstrate most conclusively, using the keyboard in front of me for purposes of explication...once I re-gain the use of my right-hand ring finger (which seems to be strangely numb, for reasons I cannot explain).

Wow that was really good writing!   :laugh:

Offline Piglette

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
You are all waaayyyyyy too kind!  Really!!

Thanks for letting me have some fun...

-- Piglette

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
Can I just say that if you had come it would have been a great pleasure meeting you!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Piglette

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
Yes, you may, indeed, say so... And likewise!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
Wow. Too bad you didn't go. Too bad there isn't a brown truck on the way. Too bad you are not going to be wetting your pants waiting for the re-sized ring to arrive. To bad you aren't going to be thrilled beyond belief with your purchase. Too bad you won't be caught by everyone who knows you staring at the lovely new sparkly on your hand. Too bad you won't notice everyone who knows you staring at the gorgeous new bauble on your hand. Too bad we won't be writing about how fabulous your new sparkly ring looks on your hand, and how lucky you are, and how thrilled we are for you...

:dontknow:  >:D  :dontknow:

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
Too bad.

::)

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:56 AM »
Good thing you didn't buy it, because if I weren't coming to NYC, I wouldn't have either.  :dontknow: ;D

Offline Piglette

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
I will try to post hand shots of the [unpurchased, virtually non-existent] ring... After it [doesn't] arrive.