Author Topic: perfume lovers help please  (Read 50364 times)

Offline lovecolor

Re: perfume lovers help please
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »
I just discovered that I love the scent of tuberose...any suggestions for my next perfume sampling of this delicious floral fragrance?       

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
lovecolor, Fracas by Robert Piguet is probably the most renowned tuberose. Synthetic tuberose can deliver quite a punch; I believe the scents made from natural tuberose (getting rare now) are most subtle and complex. Anyway, here's a list to get you started (and these are quite different from one another):

Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle (in the Editions des Parfumes line)
Chloé by Karl Lagerfeld
Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain
Amarige by Givenchy
Tubereuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens
Beyond Love by Calice Becker (By Kilian)
Nuit de Tubereuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder
Gardenia Passion by Annick Goutal (I read this is really a tuberose, not gardenia)
Tubereuse by Annick Goutal
Tubereuse by Caron
Do Son by Diptyque
Poison by Dior, vintage 1980s
Truth or Dare by Madonna
Nuit de Tubereuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain
Vamp a New York by Honore des Pres
Beauty by Calvin Klein
Life Threads Silver by La Prairie
Marie-Claire by Guerlain
Michelle by Balenciaga, vintage
Passage No.9, by Dior
Mona Lisa by La Via del Profumo

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:52:36 PM by Trinkette »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
 :faintthud:   Wow Trinkette, you have given me quite a list...I'll have to sharpen my nose (so to speak)  and get started soon.   Thank you so much!   :-*

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »
I'm not familiar with most on the list. And to be honest, the few that I do know, were not hits with me when I wore them; however, there are some here that I'd like to try – Marie-Claire, Michelle, and the Mona Lisa to name a few. Also, the Madonna fragrance is supposed to be unexpectedly good.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:23:09 PM by Trinkette »

Snowy

« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:20 PM »
Yes, finding the ONE perfume that is perfect is just... a perfect moment in time. I'm super picky with smells and it seems just going by the perfume counter and those heavy scented stores at the mall always makes me go into an allergy fit. But one day after suffering through so many trials I found a perfect scent for me by Burberry that just changes it's undertones throughout the day. Sweet and sharp with a citrusy note in the morning, then during the day time a more floral apple note, then at night a warmer and sweeter woodsy apple note. It was discontinued apparently way back when so I had stocked up back then and have 1/2 a bottle left. It's a real pity!

I haven't found anything to compare so far so I'm glad to see someplace to start!

My younger days I wore perfume daily but nowadays I wear it at most once every two months to like a big event... IF there's an event like a wedding. Which is good since I have so little of it left!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2013, 08:42:01 AM »
Burberry created some lovely scents, young, light and sophisticated. I remember one being flowery, one more fruity and fresh, each a classic with sophisticated undertones – without that cloying sweetness that has been so prevalent lately. Years ago, I gave them as gifts to my stepdaughters. On my skin though, I wished they lasted longer. A shame yours was discontinued Snowy.

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »
Sounds like I am in good company then!   I have been wearing Valentina Assoluto for the last week and so far I still really like it.  My husband has noticed it and made mention of how much he likes it too.  Might have to order it since he rarely ever mentions how nice I smell.

Trink that is a great list.  I admit I never even knew that Madonna has a scent.  I swear every once in a while I am pleasantly surprised by these "celebrity scents"
Squiggly

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »
I just had to update that my boys seemed to like Valentina Assoluto so much that they got it for me for Mother's Day.  Nordstrom gave me a decent sample size so I just ran out when they got me more.  They got the cute gift set that included the lotion as well which is nice.  They were being super nice and threw in a refillable rollerball for travel and filled it from the store sample.  No complaints there ;)

Lovecolor here's the description of the perfume you might want to try it "Its top notes include Italian bergamot, Smeggia peach from Sicily and white Alba truffle from Piedmont. The heart exudes intoxicating tuberose flowers along with Mediterranean jasmine and soft vanilla from Madagascar. Its chypre base consists of silky cedar, oak moss and patchouli."

I also got some great samples of similar perfumes so I'll have to smell them and see what I think of them. 
Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2013, 12:21:53 PM »
Thanks Elaine,  I'll look into that one, but for now, I've been trying out Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle.  It was on Trinkette's list...and I'm loving it!    :)       

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
 :boobban:

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »
   :friends:   Trinkette, it's my new go to perfume...thank you for putting it on your list!     :-*

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
:boobban:

Trink- please be careful.
You know if on of those things hits you in the face you can get whiplash:)
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
 :Confused42:
I thought my neck was sore because I needed a new pillow...

Thanks, D!
 :icon_salut:

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
lovecolor, I'm so happy you've discovered something you love!

Offline ElaineDBL

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »
Thanks Elaine,  I'll look into that one, but for now, I've been trying out Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle.  It was on Trinkette's list...and I'm loving it!    :)       

That's awesome!  It is really hard to find ones you love!

Even though I love what I have right now, I do plan on testing out the others just for fun to see what I think.  Some I've seen before and some I've worn but it's fine to redo/retry again.

I think there was a Burberry I got as well and thought of you!
Squiggly