Author Topic: Eeeeeeeeeek!!  (Read 6241 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Eeeeeeeeeek!!
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:06 AM »
So so pretty!!!!!  I wish you two all the best!

OMC explained well about the photos, but if you aren't sure just post the link and we can click on it :)

The ring looks fantastic on your hand though!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »
Wow... simply marvelous! Congratulations to you both. Yesterday was my son's Birthday, and it has always been a day of hope and happiness for me; I trust the day (and the stunning ring!) foretells a future of great love and happiness for you as a couple. Debangle, I adore the ring on your hand... a classic and very impressive look.  :D

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 10:44:36 AM »
I love how clever your SIL is!  That is hilarious!!!!!!   I know you are happy!  It is simply beautiful. 

Offline Debangel

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »
OMC, you're the best..now, how do I do it from my "mobile uploads" folder on FB?  I right-click that and it wants to include all the text (comments, etc) and I don't see .jpg or .bmp, just php, which I don't think is what I need ;)

The ring..is fantabulous, which I didn't discover for at least 60 seconds AFTER I said YES and threw my arms around his neck and kissed him thoroughly while my friends and family SNUCK UP BEHIND ME TO TAKE PICTURES.  I'll deal with them later ;)  At some point I stopped and said, "Wait, I haven't even looked at the ring!!"

It's STUNNING.  In the low light of the restaurant, the center stone was brown, like a clear glass of tea.  The presentation is enormous (E. Norm Moose?), and the Daussi cushion has to be the most interesting stone to look at ever.  From some angles, it looks like a fancy emerald cut, and you can look down into the stone- but I discovered that more when I went outside, and the color turned to a silvery white wine.  In the dim restaurant, it was root-beer colored and more flashy/sparkly.  I can't imagine a more perfect stone for me!  It's different while still being utterly classic.  (You know, like moi.  LOL)

Oh, and I've seen the Daussi cushion described as "shallow", with the implication that it's a fault.  Obviously, with the huge presentation, it's not a deep stone.  However, to me, it's shallow in the way a reflecting pool is shallow.  There's a lot to look at in this stone- enough that I'm surprised I can type!!

My older daughter hasn't seen it yet, but the baby's comment was "ooOOoooo!"  Well-said :)

Thanks for the congratulations and best wishes, everyone!  It makes my whole day!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Oh wow!!!!  That looks PERFECT on your hand! Lucky lucky you! Congrats on the ring and now here's hoping the engagement doesn't take too long.......!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
The answer is you can't do it directly. The "php" is the whole web-page, not just the picture. You need to right click on the specific picture and copy that address; I refuse to use Facebook, so I'm not au fait with the way they store the uploaded materials, but at some level they must sit as image files - the only problem is that of finding where...

Offline Debangel

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »
The answer is you can't do it directly. The "php" is the whole web-page, not just the picture. You need to right click on the specific picture and copy that address; I refuse to use Facebook, so I'm not au fait with the way they store the uploaded materials, but at some level they must sit as image files - the only problem is that of finding where...

OMC, you are the very personification of patience- thank you for trying to help!  I did right-click on the picture itself and hit "copy", but then it refused to "paste" to my post.  Ugh.  You are all going to just have to come to CO instead.  Micro-brews on me ;)

Diamondjunkie, it won't be a long engagement..we're planning to get married on Christmas Eve!  As I said yesterday, EEEEEEEEK!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
Well I think that's a fabulous day for a wedding......it's my birthday!  Looking forward to hearing all the engagement details!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
OMC, you are the very personification of patience- thank you for trying to help!  I did right-click on the picture itself and hit "copy", but then it refused to "paste" to my post.  Ugh.  You are all going to just have to come to CO instead.  Micro-brews on me ;)

Diamondjunkie, it won't be a long engagement..we're planning to get married on Christmas Eve!  As I said yesterday, EEEEEEEEK!

Careful what you wish for - invading coyotes have been known to turn up when invited...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:23:45 PM by oldmancoyote »