Author Topic: Patience...is a virgin!  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Debangel

Patience...is a virgin!
« on: July 05, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
..as a wise 8 year-old once said ;)  David, on the other hand, is a SAINT.  I went full-on Sicilian on both him and poor Robert today, whining and making them double-check that my check hadn't arrived and how do I get my ring shipped today because WAAHH, JAMES HAS NO TIME OFF AND I CAN HAS SPARKLY?

You know, without having a guarantee that the check is in the mail, really!  Just because I'm cute!!  Anyway, I am just going to have to let the Pony Express, err, Post Office show their stuff, and deliver that check tomorrow, or I will go postal and so help me, I will... wire the money instead because I am NOT getting any younger..

Also, the unflappable Moose is having a grand old time watching me foam at the mouth, and you know how us women hate to watch a man having fun  >:D

So thanks again, David and Robert..any time you're this side of the Rockies, c'mon over for lasagna, I owe you one!

Also..please tell me I am not the only CGIer to ever drop all pretense at maturity and flat-out beg?  Lying is cool with me right now, too.. :1237387oyy519k20r:

Offline DiamondsAreForever

Re: Patience...is a virgin!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
Hey, Deb:
I've not gone postal on David, but rather UPS.  To be on the safe side, David ships overnight.  Well, I live in New Jersey.  When he overnights from New York, it has to go to Tennessee, then to Newark then to my local distribution center in the Trenton area.  Well, over the winter, Tennessee had bad storms (17 to 25 inches) (and which we got the next day up here) and each package was delayed a day.  I threaded about it, David told me to cut them some slack.  Shoot, if I made it to work in Edison (42 miles north), then they should, too.  Right?!?!?!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »
I've only gone postal on USPS myself... oh boy did I!!!!  I let that 5 feet of fury absolutely unleash on a couple of people at one point and it worked... so I hope your check shows up too!

What did you decide on?  Or did I miss it?
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Debangel

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »
My most precioussss sparkly-to-be is R3623 :) I have nicknamed it "The Brown", with the intention of pairing it with a wedding band that has pinkish-brown diamonds, so that together they can be "Pinky and the Brown" ;)

Opinions, please, on white vs rose gold for the band? I am hoping to complement the brown tint of the cushion center stone :) I don't own any rose pieces yet, but it does look good with my skin tone, and I am not so concerned about "convention" or trendiness- I don't think I'll get tired of it!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »
Duh I wasn't thinking last night... I remember you saying you picked the Daussi.  It is so lovely!  Not sure where my brain was other than it hasn't woken up from the weekend yet ;)

For me personally I would make my main wedding band white gold.  I'm matchy like that though.  However I so love rose gold, and a lot too.  I think I would be adding a rose gold stacker in at some point.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
If you want those pinkish-browns to really POP, I'd use the pink gold. 

If you want to go the big bucks route, what about .5mm edge of white gold around the pink gold?
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Debangel

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
Blooqat, you are a terrible influence!  I love it!!  I actually found a ring I really liked next to The Brown (which has stubbornly refused to turn brown again since we have not dined in dim restaurant since! but the color is loverly anyway), but *not* the price tag that the designer wants.  My idea was to find a style I could try on locally and then go to DBL and say "make this, please!", and I am happy I did that..but I *really* like your idea.  Hhmmm..

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
Yo, Debangel!  Go back and get some hand shots of that ring you like with the Brown - both alone and in tandem.  Then let us know what you LIKE about this ring, and what isn't putting the fizz in your soda.  We can't tell your direction without a map!

I have to tell ya, every time I see your moniker, I don't hear Deb Angel, but Da Bangle (my favorite kind of bracelet, just ask Awestruck who owns the ultimate bangle IMO).  LOL
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 02:54:17 PM »
I do that often too with rings and stuff.  I am forever trying things on knowing full well I won't be willing to pay the price.

I like the idea of a small edge around a solid band if that is what you are looking for.

I actually tried on a ring at a costly store ;) that I like the look of but obviously the price has gotten to me.  Not sure when I'll do it though I am itchy for a plainish wedding band to wear at the pool instead of the sterling band I wear.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Debangel

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
Blooqat, great idea! I may have to wait a few days, because I lent my brother my car while he's in town, but I think that's a good direction to go in. I adore The Brown, but the band is VERY slender micropave. I want something to complement the look while also being able to stand on its own as a classic piece with a twist :) I always have to have something just a trifle different...

I love bangles but don't have any! I have largish hands and smallish wrists so I get embarrassed trying them on! I have been dying to just order some cute ones online for fun. What's this about the Ultimate Bangle? Do tell!!

Funny thing about my moniker..the last name is what I call Angel-With-A-Halo. Cell phone displays always used to cut it off at "Debangel", so that ended up being my online handle and email prefix. Then I got another email addy, and "debangel"  was taken, so the automated suggestion was to add another "d" at the beginning. I didn't realize how ditzy it sounded until 100 of my online buddies had the address, not all of whom knew my last name. It ended up looking like I was advertising myself as a "DD Angel" :/ I fooled them though..I'm a DDD. So, there! ;)

Offline Debangel

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »
Almost forgot..I had my final hearing in court today for the Parenting Plan with my Evil Ex (otherwise known as "Dad#2, otherwise known as "Formerly Under a Restraining Order for Using Hands Inappropriately". He saw my ring afterwards- he hadn't known of the engagement yet- and his big ol' eyebrows about jumped off the top of his forehead. To his credit, he did say "congratulations" twice before asking "how big is that center stone??" Heh heh. Thank you, DBL and Henri Daussi :)

P.S. Squigs- how long have you had Sunny? I can't stop staring at her, so am wondering when I can expect that to wear off ;)