Author Topic: Geeks in Love  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Debangel

Geeks in Love
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »
Hi Everyone!  Are you all staying shaded and cool, instead of squinting in the hot sun?  I for one have decided that it's not a forehead wrinkle..it's eyebrow cleavage!  Now all I need is Ray Bans with a little pearl-accented bow in the middle ;)

So, I am a total geek, and have named my (about-to-be) E-ring.  It's an "L" color light brown cushion tp://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-halo-ring-65-l---light-brown-si2-daussi-cushion-diamond-lovely-color-r3623

...so I have decided to refer to it simply as "The Brown".  See, I've decided that I want its snuggle-buddy wedding band to be in rose gold with pinkish-brown diamonds.  Together, they can then be known as "Pinky and The Brown" ;)

Predictably, my sweet James groaned, then promptly and quite unconsciously out-geeked me. I was showing him a different Daussi setting, with a split shank, and he remarked "That ring reminds me of a Romulan Bird-of-Prey".  Of course, I instantly saw what he was talking about, which means...there really is a lid for every pot ;)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
Re: Geeks in Love
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:52:31 PM »
LOL.  This makes me grin.  ;D

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG!  My husband would fit right in.....He is slowly dragging me in....but I am fighting.

We are watching the X-files on Netflix every night! 

Offline annie1

• CDI Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
Awwwww
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:05:28 AM »
I love it!!!!  ;D
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
Which one?  which one?  My DH is a complete Star Trek nutball.  I think we go to sleep watching the 'new' Star Trek movie more nights than not.

I love you call your James 'Moose'.  Since we've gotten back together (after a 40 yr hiatus), my DH refers to us as Moose and Girl.  He's only a foot taller than I am.  ;D
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Debangel

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »
LOL Qat..you are not going to believe this, but we watched the new Star Trek movie two nights running last week!  James says to tell you that the Warbird in question was the STNG version.  We are both Star Trek nerds here, the only difference being that he has an idetic memory for every detail possible ;) He swears that I look like a bustier version of Kira Nerys from Deep Space Nine (actually, when my hair was cropped short last winter, I had to admit he had a point!) Good thing he had sort of a crush on her ;)

I have to hear the story of *your* "Moose" and that 40-year hiatus! Is there a thread you could point me to? I must be the millionth person to request that romantic tale :)