Author Topic: Movie Request: R3442  (Read 4397 times)

Offline PtyMom

Movie Request: R3442
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
Hi!
Please Id like to request a movie of:

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-46ct-cushion-light-yellow-vs--soft-cut-r3442

I very much like the color but would mostly like to see what exactly is meant by soft cut.  Id love to see what kind of sparkle this stone has. Ive been looking at that cushion and this radiant

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-49ct-radiant-cut-q-r-si1-gia-amazing-sparkle-laser-inscribed-r3922

which has really cool sparkle, and Im wondering what the difference in sparkle might be...

I know youre busy, but next time youre making movies and have everything all set up, please remember this movie request!  :hello:

Thanks so much!

Have a nice day! :-)

Offline GIAGirl

Re: Movie Request: R3442
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
Good choices! 

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 05:12:19 AM »
Methinks the "soft" refers to the outline, which is very curvy and reminiscent of an oval more than a rectangle, rather than to the sparkle.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:53:03 AM »
I rather like that Q-R stone. pretty cut!
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 07:08:33 AM »
Methinks the "soft" refers to the outline, which is very curvy and reminiscent of an oval more than a rectangle, rather than to the sparkle.
That's what I was thinking.  Like if it had been more square it would have probably been described as very pillowy.  Just my thought.

That Q-R is amazing as well.  Kind of a sister stone in a way to that S-T I loved and see is now sold.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline PtyMom

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
Thanks everyone, that makes sense, "soft" referring to the overall shape. I was thinking it referred to the facets. Its a really pretty color. And Im beginning to think I have a thing for cushions.

Although that QR one is amazing. The video on that was really something. It does all kinds of things with light.

I wonder if the darker the color on the stone, the less it can shine?
Or is that more related to cut?
(and please excuse the newbie for asking silly questions...)

;D
Have a nice day! :-)

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
I don't know for certain but I think it's the cut that makes them sparkle.

David has browns that seem to sparkle like nobody's business so that's why I think it's more cut than color. But, I've been wrong before so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable folk will chime in.

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
It is the cut, but to some extent colour counts too - which is why Fancy Vivid are more prized than Fancy Deep and Fancy Dark