Author Topic: Pink pear - looking for ideas  (Read 8213 times)

Offline DiamondsAreForever

Pink pear - looking for ideas
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
OK, so that beautiful pink heart halo ring has got me itching to set my pink pear.  I have an idea of what I want, but thought I'd "Poll the Audience" for ideas.  She's a .57 ct light pink 6.29 X 4.54 X 3.00 mm.  Although the heart is beautiful, I have a FLY marquise halo that is similar to the heart, so I'd like to do something else.

I probably won't actually do anything until next year, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.  So, let's hear your ideas...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:45:14 PM by DiamondsAreForever »

Offline GIAGirl

Re: Pink pear - looking for ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »
What are you thinking pendant....ring???

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
How about a reverse pink lemonade ring?  But with yellow sidestones instead of a halo since you have that?  Pink pear with yellow pear sidestones, yum!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
Double bezel... one rose gold one white.  It would work well for either a pendant or a ring.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »
Rose gold with white diamond halo...or maybe a yellow halo of diamonds for extra color...

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »

This is the one I was looking for and got side tracked by So You Think You Can Dance....

this was my other idea but I wanted the photo to go with.  I love this ring!  Imagine it also in the reverse... the pink diamond in rose gold and the shank in white/plat with colorles diamonds.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:05:27 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »
I was thinking ring, but I want something out of the ordinary.  Think out of the box.  Try not to use any photos of things already made, other than to maybe illustrate a particular aspect of something.

And above all... NO HALOS.

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 07:16:56 AM »
Bypass with FLY and pink pear?

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »

How about white pear sidestones, with the points of the pears facing away from the centre, then all bezelled? So it's like a band.

Or, three pears in a row, set into a wide band?

Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
what about set east-west... split shank going to the fat end of the pear and have that merge into a single shank on the point.  So it's like there are 3 claws holding it into place.

From there you could bezel the pear to keep it secure looking if you want.  Or you could also pave the shank and even do it in pink and another gold if you like.
Elaine aka Squiggly

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »

Hmmm... how about a bypass with the pear prong set in the middle?  The shank would be white gold, maybe rounded and pave.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »
Yes, yes, yes. I didn't like the mental picture until I read 'rounded' and 'pave' for the shank. That would elevate it to something incredible. It would have to be very rounded and have pave on three sides (well, there would only be one 'side' if it was truly rounded). In my head anyway, that's how it looks! White, white pave, organic curves and a pinklicious pear in the middle. Only thing I'd change is the prongs - I'd put it in a pink bezel to emphasise the shape and help the contrast with the white.

Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »
Naturally, it would be held in place with rose gold.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »
what about set east-west... split shank going to the fat end of the pear and have that merge into a single shank on the point.  So it's like there are 3 claws holding it into place.

From there you could bezel the pear to keep it secure looking if you want.  Or you could also pave the shank and even do it in pink and another gold if you like.

I like this idea, too. Pave and rounded shank also.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
My original idea was to set her in a slightly domed thick pave band.  There would be a rose gold rim around the opening where she would sit, with a basket below that is similar to the one that the heart ring has to enhance her pinkness  Only her pavilion would sit at/below the rim, and her girdle and crown would sit above.  She would be held in place with rose gold claw prongs and a v-prong to protect her tip.  My inspiration for this ring was the green and white pave diamond ring that OMC had made for Mrs. OMC.  I fell in love with it from the first moment I saw it and often go back to look at it.

Here's the link to a picture of the green diamond ring:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/davidelevi/CDI5/P1010620.jpg

I hope you don't mind, OMC.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:12:06 PM by DiamondsAreForever »

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 01:10:40 AM »
Well, darn!  If it sits still long enough, pave it!  I am all about it.  That is why I always want David to take one of those MAN rings and pave the heck out of them.   DO IT! 

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
Don't mind at all - I prefer this image, though:

Another idea may be that of creating a boteh-like shape, with the pear surrounded by a halo and a round angled off the tip to get this effect:

You could make it as complex as you like: Show a pink bezel around the pear or not. Use a mixture of small pears, ovals, marquises and rounds on the halo or just regular rounds. Vary the colours of the accessory stones. Use diamond and coloured stones (morganite, garnets, aqua, topaz, amethyst, peridot - I'd use pastel colours). Use carved gems like in tutti-frutti jewellery. The sky (or rather, the budget and David's patience) is the limit - as well as finger width. On the other hand, bear in mind that the sunflower ring R3875 is 7/8 of an inch wide, and it looks and feels OK when worn.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:54:57 AM by oldmancoyote »

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 06:53:31 AM »
On the other hand, bear in mind that the sunflower ring R3875 is 7/8 of an inch wide, and it looks and feels OK when worn.

Wait!  Does this mean the Mrs. has the ring?  Where are the handshots?

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 06:58:03 AM »
Waiting for some sunshine...

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 07:01:58 AM »

Another idea may be that of creating a boteh-like shape, with the pear surrounded by a halo and a round angled off the tip to get this effect:

You could make it as complex as you like: Show a pink bezel around the pear or not. Use a mixture of small pears, ovals, marquises and rounds on the halo or just regular rounds. Vary the colours of the accessory stones. Use diamond and coloured stones (morganite, garnets, aqua, topaz, amethyst, peridot - I'd use pastel colours). Use carved gems like in tutti-frutti jewellery. The sky (or rather, the budget and David's patience) is the limit - as well as finger width. On the other hand, bear in mind that the sunflower ring R3875 is 7/8 of an inch wide, and it looks and feels OK when worn.

Wow, OMC, great idea.  I can picture it, but it would be a diamond setter's nightmare.  Keep in mind that she's a small pear - only .57 ct I think I said.  But boy, can you imagine using colored melee and marquise diamonds to make that?  It would be absolutely gorgeous, stunning and magnificent.  Not to mention one of a kind.  Keep in mind this is from a person who doesn't like paisley - ahhh, if only she were bigger and my budget unlimited. 

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
She's a decent enough size, at 6.3 x 4.5 mm! The budget, now, that may be a problem... You can still have something in the style, with all round whites.

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
Waiting for some sunshine...

Seems to be the general consensus this weekend:  dreary weather.  It's been cloudy/misty/rainy in NJ all weekend.  

BTW, we take all handshots, you know.  It doesn't have to be in sunlight, of course, sunlight shows her off the best, but we DO like all photos. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:45:51 AM by DiamondsAreForever »