Author Topic: Can we visit DBL??  (Read 8859 times)

Offline dovesgate

Can we visit DBL??
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »
If we find ourselves in NYC, can we call and make an appt to come visit the crew and the pretties in person?

Offline Sanchica27

Re: Can we visit DBL??
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »
I have visited several times, just talk to David and work out a good time in advance!  Prepare to be amazed!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:30:41 AM »
AWESOME!

I won't know until Monday or Tuesday if our vacation this fall is being changed. Visiting DBL will be priority #1 if it does!! I have to see some yellows in person. I've already told the girls we're going to the diamond district if we go through NYC.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »
Dovesgate, David is always happy to meet CDIers! There's a lot of cool stuff to see in that office, just call in advance and give plenty warning, because I think it's just about the busiest place in the Diamond District (one of the best too, in my humble opinion.  ;))
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:27:53 AM »
Oh, and bring your own sandwich. David tends to forget about lunch... or at least has some difficulty in tearing himself off the diamonds (and phones) ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:28:48 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:38 AM »
Yup. By 4pm some days, I've been quietly licking the inside of candy wrappers and wondering if you can eat packaging foam... ;D

Have to say though, David knows some awesome places to eat. Five Guys burgers, the best NYC pizza and falafel. Mmmm.

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »

Have to say though, David knows some awesome places to eat. Five Guys burgers, the best NYC pizza and falafel. Mmmm.

Ha ha Jen, you beat me to it.  Five Guys has great burgers, but it's a little cramped in there. 

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »
Admittedly I am not such a fan of Five Guys (we have them here too), but NY pizza is great.  So are the hot dogs I've had (much better than the Chicago dog IMO)

I'm used to very late lunches though I rarely go past 2pm.  I have a tendency to wait until my son is asleep so I don't have to share ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:53:33 AM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
It'll be my very first time in NYC... I'm pretty excited and I don't even know if I'm going yet lol.

I'll have to get advice from you all on what to do if we get to go - other than visit David of course!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
make a point to go to the hidden burger joint at le parker meridien....so worth it...

and cirque du soliel has a special show at carnegie hall pretty much all summer, zarkana, I have tickets in August and can't wait!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
No trip to NYC for me.  >:(
We got the news earlier than we were supposed to. Our vacation has been pushed back until April but for a very good reason - my newest sister in law is pregnant!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »
Sorry about the trip, but yay on the new baby coming to your family!  I wish your SIL all the best :)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »
Now there's a great reason to postpone a trip! What wonderful news.

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
We're all thrilled! My other sister in law and I are already having visions of baby showers and we've already extended babysitting offers - she's only 6 weeks along. Babies are so exciting. :)

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
We're all thrilled! My other sister in law and I are already having visions of baby showers and we've already extended babysitting offers - she's only 6 weeks along. Babies are so exciting. :)

I would like to offer my services too....although I will say that the first time I kept a neighbor's baby, I put all of the dirty diapers in a regular trash can with ingredients and all.....I didn't know!  I told my Mom and she freaked out and could not call them fast enough to tell them what they had probably already noticed in the trash.  HAHAHA

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
I would like to know how many of us can fit in your workplace at once?   >:D  ;D
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."