Author Topic: My collection thread  (Read 12539 times)

Offline Reninga

My collection thread
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
I figured it was about time I show some of the family jewels. As I didnt really get into jewelry until recently.. My personal collection is fairly small so I am adding some of my mothers peices in here as well! I dont own a DBL peice yet but I am keeping my fingers crossed my future engagement ring will be a DBL peice.

Without further adu.. here it is!
This was my 21st birthday present to myself.. a rhodilite garnet in 18k white gold custom made for me by my favorite jeweler here in Atlanta. I didnt have anything that wasnt costume and I wanted something I could wear everyday. I love it and still wear it all the time.

This is one of my favorite little peices even though it is color enhansed.. My little green diamond we got in Mexico a few years ago. She is small but packs a punch of color.

My favorite color is red so over the past couple of years I have collected a couple of rings to keep my new obsession of jewelry in check

Offline Reninga

Re: My collection thread
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »
This belonged to my great grandmother. Even though missing a stone.. I love it! It was all the grandchildrens birthstones!

This is another ring passed down which also satisfies my red craving.. I love love love this ring and wear it only on special occasions.

More to come...

Offline Reninga

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »
This is a blue diamond ring we also got at the same place in Mexico.. and one of the coolest rings I own!!! It is a solitare blue diamond yellow gold ring with a jacket of two diamonds and white gold ontop. So so cool. (Sorry about how pixely it is, these are cell phone pics).

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:48:30 PM by Reninga »

Offline Reninga

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
So my mom also likes her blue diamonds as well

and then her tanzanite obsession.. started with this ring..

and now has spread to the following peices below:
Her engagement ring and wedding band

More to come...

Offline Reninga

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »
and more tanzanite

Offline Reninga

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
and last but not least.. my white and yellow gold "wire necklace"

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
You go ReninGA!  You have a nice collection starting.  A yellow is all you need!!!!!! 

I am a super big fan of those Tazanites!

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Nice family jewels.  I especially like the white gold jacket for the blue diamond ring.  How cool!
Your rubies are nice also.  And your mother's tanzanite:  OMG!  Love 'em.  Keep collecting.

Offline Reninga

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »
Nice family jewels.  I especially like the white gold jacket for the blue diamond ring.  How cool!
Your rubies are nice also.  And your mother's tanzanite:  OMG!  Love 'em.  Keep collecting.
Thank you so much!!!

You go ReninGA!  You have a nice collection starting.  A yellow is all you need!!!!!! 

I am a super big fan of those Tazanites!

Exactly yellow is all I need. My mom loves her tanzanites, she fell hard lol.
Speaking of which, I cant decide between three rings here..  I guess that will be up to the DBF.
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond63ct-interesting-brown-old-miner-cushion
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-halo-ring-45ct-fancy-yellow-si2-pear-shape-diamond-pink-white-and-yellow-gold-halo-ring-r3981
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-halo-ring-43ct-y-z-si2-marquise-diamond-pink-white-and-yellow-gold-halo-ring-r3859

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »
Reninga, thank you for posting your jewelry!  I love looking in people's jewelry boxes...and btw, the three pieces you're thinking about adopting are one's I also had been admiring!   It's hard to say which one I love most...but the three stone yellow and orangy brown one keeps me going back for more!  The pink lemonade beauties are just so pretty too.   Which one are you leaninng towards?    :dontknow:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »
What a great collection you have there.  So many cool pieces.  My favorite two are the unique hinged enhancer as well as the wire necklace.  You and your mom both seem to have such lovely classic tastes.  I'd love to share jewelry with you!

Your choices for a ring are also fabulous.  I am partial to the pink lemonades myself, but that brown OMC is to die for!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Reninga

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
Reninga, thank you for posting your jewelry!  I love looking in people's jewelry boxes...and btw, the three pieces you're thinking about adopting are one's I also had been admiring!   It's hard to say which one I love most...but the three stone yellow and orangy brown one keeps me going back for more!  The pink lemonade beauties are just so pretty too.   Which one are you leaninng towards?    :dontknow:
The yellow and orangey brown and the pear are probably tied for #1 if I had to rank the two. My DBF will not let me "pick out" my ring so I had to give him a couple of options. I think he is still a bit aprehensive about ordering online but after all the testimonials we both have read, I'd feel very confident buying from DBL.
What a great collection you have there.  So many cool pieces.  My favorite two are the unique hinged enhancer as well as the wire necklace.  You and your mom both seem to have such lovely classic tastes.  I'd love to share jewelry with you!

Your choices for a ring are also fabulous.  I am partial to the pink lemonades myself, but that brown OMC is to die for!

Thanks clg! I like stuff that pops but is still suttle.. I have never been one to have massive amounts of jewelry on at one time.. but what jewelry I do have on I like it to POP lol!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
Sounds like we have similar tastes!  I also like unique looks that aren't too out there.  Something that not everyone will have but still has a classic feel to it.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Reninga

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
Exactly.. I think my biggest fear would be to walk up to a good friend of mine and have the same ring as her. 8 of my friends have gotten engaged in the past 1.5 years and atleast 5 of them have the same ring. A round solitare with a round halo and pave down the band. And although that is a beautiful look.. I want something that when someone looks at my finger they say "Wow that is so unique but very tasteful"

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:02 PM »
Lovely collection you have started, Reninga.  i'm with your mom on the tanzanites.  The blue-violet ones are really divine. As for that ring jacket - it's something I've never encountered before.  I think it's way cool.

Not to worry about finding a unique ring at DBL, girl.  Even if you use a standard semi-mount, you have so many options you won''t ever encounter another like it.  He can do plain vanilla, and do it beautifully.  But with the gold color options and the diamond color options, it can all be about what suits you right down to the ground. 

Besides the Coyote's Den, I'd be checking out Trinkette, Mikla, and the Meb Wistress's pixs.  and let's not forget GL or Sparkey OCD.  Bunch of lemon lovers around here with very active imaginations!   
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »
Well said about the plain vanilla and finding a way to make it unique.  I do have some very standard every day pieces (hoops & pendant) that are more plain jane so to speak.  The quality is amazing on those.

My next ring will be a bit more "vanilla" but I am adding some uniquenes by making sure it will be in rose gold.  I've never seen rose gold so beautiful!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
GIAGirl...you make one hell of a personal shopper!!!    ;D

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »
Or personal hell for a shopper?  >:D

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 02:14:21 PM »
Only for the one paying the bills since you can't ever just pick one ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »

;D

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Only for the one paying the bills since you can't ever just pick one ;)

I told my husband that it would be nice to have a little one just like him....then he said that if we had a little one just like me he would be in trouble.....hahaha