Author Topic: Can I request a movie? R3921/R3922  (Read 11691 times)

Offline dovesgate

Can I request a movie? R3921/R3922
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:59:23 AM »
Hi guys!

Is it possible to get videos of R3921 and R3922? Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:59:45 AM by dovesgate »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Can I request a movie? R3921/R3922
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:14:14 AM »
Those two both are amazing aren't they? 
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
Ohhh yes. I've told Hubby I want a light yellow diamond next and he says he has something in the works so I can get one. So... maybe, hopefully, sooner than later!

I think I might even have an idea of how I would want to set it.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
Awesome!!!  Is there one of the two you are leaning towards?  They are both awesome though.

How would you set it?

I'm still deciding on my family ring, but I know for sure it will be a step cut set E-W
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
Yes Dovesgate, we all want to hear what you're dreaming of...is it a halo that you have in mind by any chance?  That's what I'm thinking of doing with a champagne diamond that David is holding for me.  At the moment,  I have "halo on the brain" and seeing all those new rings come out of production with the AMAZING halo settings are driving me nuts...     :gimi: :gimi: :tongue3: 

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
Weeelll... I'm leaning more towards R3921. I like her slightly longer look but I wouldn't say no to either one! I'm hoping the videos would help me decide once and for all.

Here's the setting I'm pulling inspiration from. Only, I'd follow the shape of the diamond and instead of so many baguettes, (price willing) I would do one baguette per side and only put rounds or gemtones, like a dark emerald, in the corners. Probably a single shank with no diamonds. I'd want my center stone showing all the bling. I think I would also use your idea, clgwli, and put it in rose gold or at least a rose gold head so she won't get washed out.

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
I don't even know where I got that picture but I do know it just took forver to get it to post here lol.
I have to go through the DBL settings too.

I really like this one: http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount--hal2--this-casting-semi-suits-many-diamond-shapes

Look at the filigree on it! I'd do the same thing, put baguettes on the top with rounds in the corners, take off the diamonds going down the shank. I'd have to figure out how it would look on my hand, if it would stick up too much. I'm terrified of hitting my hand on something and ping, there goes my diamond.

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
Hmmm. Maybe I'd need to keep the rounds.

:david:

Any way I can see R3921 with baugettes around it and tiny triangles in the corners and baguettes with rounds in the corners too?  :N1Please2HL1:

P.S. I totally love the smilies here .lol

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
well that looks and sounds stunning.  I love rose gold...I'd love to see how an S-T diamond looks nestled in rose gold.  Of course though, the warmness of the stone would also look great with a yellow head to bring out it's yellowness.   8)

Well, I can't wait to see the pictures...!   :happy1: 

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
lovecolor, thats why I kinda hesitate at buying a yellow. I prefer white gold and find that I don't care for yellow gold. Rose is a compromise for me. Enough warmth for her to not bleed out, not too harsh on my skin color. I'm slowly getting tanner while living in the desert but for most of my life I've been pale and pink. Yellow just doesn't look quite right.

If I can't find some way to work around the yellow gold, I think I'd have to pass and stick to ivory diamonds. 
:(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:31:08 PM by dovesgate »

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 04:35:39 PM »
You don't need to see the yellow for it to be there. These were re-set with a yellow gold edge and prongs, but they look to all intents and purposes as if they were only platinum...

shame we lost one - we'll turn the other one into a pendent.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »
Hi all!!

Duly noted- but it might take me till mid week- vacation weekend and all......
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
Dovegate, I think you should have ivory & yellow diamonds!     ;D   OMC is right about the yellow head not making the piece too yellow for your skin tone.  I personally prefer white gold or platinum myself...but the yellow prongs/heads do make the color diamonds pop more and it won't get in the way of the rest of the piece even if you use white metal. 

OMC, sorry to hear about your loss...but what a pendent it will make!   :icon_thumleft:

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »
OMC - those are fab. You're right, I can't see the yellow edge, only the prongs and those blend in very well.

David - take your time and thank you in advance!!

lovecolor - I have an ivoryish one right now :D She's in my "itty bitty collection" thread. Oooh wait, I think I needed to post better pictures of her in there. I'll have to do that later when we get back from the barbeque we're headed to.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
I admit the only yellow gold I really like is the 22k stuff from India and the like.  I really am not a fan of yellow gold at all. 

BUT look how I set Sunny.  The yellow there even in a double bezel is barely there for me and it doesn't stand out much at all IMO.

If you want it to look yellow, get it partially set in yellow gold.

If you don't care if she pulls the rich pink color, then go with rose gold.

I am considering rose gold for my ring only because I am not looking for yellow again.  I'm down to thinking of an L colored diamond so it could look fab in rose or just eh in rose.  I need more time for myself.

I am lucky in that yellow gold doesn't look bad on me, but I just do not prefer it.  My skin tone allows for quite a lot colors to look good on me.

It would be hard to pick between the two.  The S-T is more rectangular but the Q-R would give more finger coverage even before a halo.  The S-T while graded darker has strong blue fluor which might make it look less yellow in the sun.  Lots of good to both really.  I really think you can't go wrong with either though :)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 09:09:24 AM »
[snip]
I am considering rose gold for my ring only because I am not looking for yellow again.  I'm down to thinking of an L colored diamond so it could look fab in rose or just eh in rose.  I need more time for myself.
[snip]

If you can find an L faint brown, this will work VERY well...

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 09:29:04 AM »
[snip]
I am considering rose gold for my ring only because I am not looking for yellow again.  I'm down to thinking of an L colored diamond so it could look fab in rose or just eh in rose.  I need more time for myself.
[snip]

If you can find an L faint brown, this will work VERY well...
I've been thinking about it...

I'm torn between wanting a step cut and just simply the "L, faint brown"  I think finding a diamond in that color and an emerald and in the size I look for would be pushing my luck.

A step lower on the grading scale http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-56ct-pear-shape-m-faint-brown-vs2-gia-laser-inscribed-r3923
I can so see that set in rose gold...

I'm also simply considering a D colored diamond for his name and not trying so hard to get us to all be in the ring.  It would be a "mother's ring" more than a family ring.  I'm fine with that.

in short i'm still no where near deciding what I want  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:30:46 AM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »
OHHH MAH GAWWWWWWWWWSH!

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-diamond-ring-136-cts-j-si1-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-r3950

SOOOO freakin' gorgeous!!!!
Hubs and I were talking diamonds last night. He wanted to know what the end all, be all of diamonds is for me and holy cow THIS IS IT. A bit out of the ol' budget at the moment but still. I could watch that video all day! Just out of curiosity... if I had a 1ct+ OEC, would David set it for me? Or do I have to buy the center from him too?

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
I have to ask...

what draws you to the radiants?

what draws  you to the OEC?

They are totally different styles really, and I am curious.

Of course I *love* both radiants and OECs so I know you can love them all.  

Btw, what do you think of the light brown? http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-111-u-v-light-brown-vs1-gia-old-looking-r3936

Set in this one: http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-delicate-looking-halo-custom-made-so3039

Would that be more in your budget (about $4200 for white gold and $4500 for rose gold with pink diamonds)

Imagine that one with a rose gold halo around it.... I think that would match your skin tone great :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:56:21 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Well, what I love about the OEC is the chunky flashes of light, how when you're watching it shine it has a flowery pattern to the facets. I love that there is a history behind it, that someone else loved it as much as I would, that it's not a type of stone that every other person on the block has. There is a depth and richness to it I haven't seen in any other cut that I've seen in person.

The radiant is a pretty little thing. I like the way she sparkles in my imagination, since she looks like she'd have lots of fire. To be completely honest, I don't think I would be as happy with her over the long run. Not after waxing poetic over the OEC dream ring.

Have I ever mentioned how horribly picky I am about diamonds? I drove my husband nuts on and off over the years while I was looking for my WR. I really liked something one minute and became completely ambivilent the next.

I like the light play and the cut of the light brown... I don't think I like that color though. Faint browns are ok. I prefer lots of cream in my coffee: http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-56ct-pear-shape-m-faint-brown-vs2-gia-laser-inscribed-r3923

I think lights are too brown though and I don't care for browns. Maybe it's because I have memories of Hubby trying to talk me into horrible dark chocolate brown dead diamonds from a chain store.

I think that I'm going to have to wait and get my dream ring instead of collecting pieces that I don't have the same emotional response for.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:44:10 PM by dovesgate »

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »
OHHH MAH GAWWWWWWWWWSH!

Are you in the South Dovesgate?
That sounds like how I would say it! 

That OEC is really pretty . 

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
[snip]Just out of curiosity... if I had a 1ct+ OEC, would David set it for me? Or do I have to buy the center from him too?

I don't see why not. But let's ask the man himself. :david:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 07:21:35 AM »
[snip]Just out of curiosity... if I had a 1ct+ OEC, would David set it for me? Or do I have to buy the center from him too?

I don't see why not. But let's ask the man himself. :david:
He may also know how to find one :)

I understand about the browns.  I only suggested U-V because it is still a soft brown and possibly would still be light enough as it is still no where near some of the dark cruddy stuff they sell at certain stores.  This one looks way more faint in the movie than in some photos, but obviously easy to repsect color preferences :)

I think it would be wise to see what you can find for a dream ring first before settling.  Not that the radiants would be bad, but for "the ring" you should get what you love. 

One question, what do you think of chunky cushions like these two?
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-102-old-mine-brilliant-kvs1-gia-a-new-old-cut-r3704-2
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-107ct-cushion-cut-dsi2-gia-gorgeous-chunky-look-r3591

I would imagine they would be easier to find than a true OEC.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 08:22:41 PM »
GIA; I'm in southern California. Does that count? :) My father's entire side of the family is from Tennessee. I used to visit them when I was a kid and certain words or phrases still pick up that flavor even though I haven't been back in years.

OMC; Thank ya!

clgwli; Those are beautiful!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:10 PM »
That counts! I am sure the Tenn has rubbed off at some point! 

I am excited that we keep to help you find something!!!!!!