Author Topic: 16 weeks to go and counting  (Read 17293 times)

Offline ah2bqat

Re: 16 weeks to go and counting
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
See?  There really is no place like home.  I'm so happy you two have each other, Awestruck.  Ellis truly does seem to be one of those wonderful men we all wish we might have as a partner, even tho we know he just has a different set of warts than our own beloveds. 
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
You do have a wonderful man there!  I am so happy for you to have found such love!

For the record this is the thread I was reading at the same time as Ah2's thread..... so you can see the confusion there right?  ::) ;D

I think your attitude about the little girls is wonderful.  Watching the little ones get all dressed up like that is precious and I really hope they have a blast doing it.  I hope everything else goes smoothly for you :)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Reninga

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
Sounds like a great guy..

This might make you feel a bit better about your current situation. My mother.. was divorced for 15 years.. met my step dad in 2005. He had been seperated from his wife for 10 years.. they never were going to reconcile.. but him being a doctor it was easier to just stay legally married then divorced and have to worry about child support or alimony since he never expected to get remarried. He met my mom and they fell in love.. He decided to get divorced because he did love my mom and wanted to be married to her.. well his three kids 16, 21, and 23 did everything they could to stop the wedding.. even his daughter called him the day of the wedding and told him he was making a mistake.. she wore a dress that was cut down to her belly button but my mom didnt care.. she was getting married to my now step dad and she was going to enjoy the day.. This was back in 2005 and my step dad still hasnt set a place for my mom with his kids..

So all in all enjoy the amazing man you have!!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »
He sounds amazing....I think I went to a therapist that said you can love your family but you do not have to like them all the time.  In life you get to pick and choose your friends, but you can't always choose your family. 

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »
A quick update from here. As you can tell I`m having a few restless, sleepless nights because it`s just 4 weeks and a few days to go and still counting. It`s almost 1am here and my mind is whizzing.
Mr Awestruck is as nervous as hell, not because he`s having second thoughts or anything such as that but because he`s such a shy, quiet man, he`s petrified of being centre of attention and all eyes being upon us during the ceremony. Seemingly he was the same at his first wedding almost 40 years ago. The more nervous he gets, then the more nervous I get.
Anyway things seem to be in hand, my first dress fitting went well and I`d forgotten how lovely my dress was because it`s almost a year since I ordered it. There was a scary moment when the seamstress took a pair of scissors to the bottom of it and all I could hear was snip snip snip and I didn`t dare breathe nor move because I was terrified it would make the dress move or her hand slip. The woman must have seen my face and she laughed saying she`d taken scissors to hundreds of dresses and hadn`t ruined one YET lol. The dress was too long, the train was too long and I was in grave danger of tripping or tying myself in a knot hence the heart stopping moment with the scissors and pins.
Mr Awestruck`s grand daughters have their fitting next week and they`re all really excited. They still haven`t seen their head dresses and crystal bouquets yet and I`m saving them as a surprise for their final fitting so they`ll get the full picture of how they`ll look on their big day.
Table displays are sorted, cake is sorted, wedding rings sorted, seating plan is sorted, music sorted and what isn`t sorted by September 2nd, the day before the wedding, will simply have to remain unsorted !
Mr Awestruck`s son still won`t budge on the speech issue and he grudgingly went with his Dad to sort out his suit and accessories but for once kept his opinions about marriage to himself.
The best news is my oldest son has not been sent to Afghanistan as he expected and so it`s looking almost 99% certain he`ll be able to give me away. The best wedding gift I could have but if he doesn`t get sent out there this month then he`ll probably be out there just before or just after Christmas so it`s kind of bittersweet.
The wedding is just the beginning of lots of hard work for us, we have 2 houses to sort out and 2 houses to sell but we have the rest of our lives to do that and we`ll both have each other. Ellis jokingly says he intends to send me to housewife boot camp to be trained up and I jokingly tell him when he says " I will"  he`s agreeing he will do as he`s told lol. All said in jest I hasten to add. I think  >:D
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
Exciting!!!!

It is so nice having it all come together isn't it?

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 04:54:13 AM »
It's all coming together, and the BEST part is that your son isn't going to be overseas! I'm so pleased to hear that bit!

Anything we can do to help? ;)
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:28 AM »
I am so happy to hear that your son should be there for the wedding.  That has to be the best part.  As for the future SIL, forget him, he's an ass.  At least everything else is falling into place.

I get the nerves of being the center of attention.  That was huge for me too.  I wasn't very relaxed whenever people would force me to be in the center but the rest really fell into place.  I hope he can step back and enjoy the time with you and try to ignore the rest.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 08:35:07 AM »
Awweee Lynn....for someone who is restless, nervous and whizzing you sound really happy.  I love that you have maintained your sense of humor through all the stress of wedding preparation. Just continue to keep it light with your DH on the big day and try to make him laugh...he'll forget all about all the eyes that will be on him because he'll be looking at you.

I am so happy for the both of you.

Blessings,
djm

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 08:48:31 AM »
To borrow a saying from the A-Team television series:  "I love it when a plan comes together".  I'm glad everything is sorting itself out.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
 :hugging:
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
I'm so happy your son will likely be there, Lynne!  What wonderful news.  I'm very excited for you.  I hope you'll post a photo or two.   :)
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
That is great news Lynne!
I feel happy to be able to share this with you
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
Time is flying by!  I cannot believe it.  I do not know how those seamstresses have the nerve to do what they do!  I know Mr. Awestrucks' grands will be so pleased and have a ball! 

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Best of luck for tomorrow, Awestruck!  Hope you have a wonderful love filled day!   :-*

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
Wishing you and your family a wonderful day, filled with happiness.

I also hope you'll post pics asap! ;D

Have the best day ever, we're all thinking about you.

Hugs and much love from me and Amelia.
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:43 PM »
Have a Wonderful Day!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
All the best for the day - and the rest.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »
Wishing you all the best tomorrow and a lifetime of happiness to follow.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
Thank you for your good wishes. We had a wonderful wedding day and we leave for our honeymoon tomorrow.
The whole day was fantastic but passed by far too quickly !
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Congratulations!  I'm so glad to hear that your day was wonderful...you deserved it!  Enjoy your honeymoon!   :love3:

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
Congratulations! with much Love............  :wav:
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline titania

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »
Congratulations, Lynne!  Very happy that such a lovely woman has found joy and fulfillment.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Mazel Tov Lynne!!

That means Congratulations!!!
So happy the day was memorable for all the right reasons
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Congratulations!!!  So glad you had a wonderful day.  Enjoy your honeymoon and beyond!
Elaine aka Squiggly